Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377490 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #700 on: March 01, 2019, 12:56:33 pm »

Haven't read everything in detail yet, but from a skim if the reasons against LL are just that he hasn't done much, I want to say that I think LL is very readable once he actually gets around to posting. He's been scum, what, 3 games in a row now? And correctly lynched each time.

And we've learned (or at least I've learned) that a couple things I used to think were towntells for him aren't.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 01, 2019, 12:56:37 pm »

I love all the people dancing around with the idea of voting Robz but not doing it.

Same.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 01, 2019, 01:32:02 pm »

are you prepared to give scumreads to everyone talking setup?  Enjoy that 40 person scumteam.
I've always wanted to be scum with Ash and faust.

Why do you say in like every third post that my reasoning on faust is awful?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 01, 2019, 01:45:47 pm »

Vote: LL

Just to see where this goes.

I’m not sold on raerae, but not opposed, there does seem to be a difference since last game, including a much more artificial anti shraye vibe. Like, going after people that think shraeye is town over aggressively analyzing shraeye... I dunno, just feels off.

Asher interests me, as does space.

And the trio of LL, Robz, Jimmmmm, are always interesting. LL being a new addition to that bucket of players since the other two are apparently consistent in play, but LL is joining for no reason. And his excuse is that people are hard to read. Come on, now, LL that never stopped you from making an LL-Bucket, tell me where I can find a scum in X-people. I need my daily intake of foreword slashes.
UE moves his vote off Robz here and onto a new LL wagon, I noticed him doing this constantly last game around the ends of days as scum. Might not be anything but I want to note this.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 01, 2019, 01:47:11 pm »

1. Jimmmmm is not participating which I can see him do as both alignments. Mostly I would keep him alive, he's a scary power late in the game if town.
2. UmbrageOfSnow - was active and cool, got a lot of townreads from different people and kind of disappeared?
3. LaLight - me, struggling with going here.
4. DatSwan - Did he do anything?
5. mcmcsalot - Somewhat here, not really noticeable, but I liked that he voted for e, because I felt like me and mcmc got the same feeling
6. Glooble - can't read yet
7. WestCoastDidds - she's still awesome. We're yet to see scum!Didds, but for now I feel like it's good old town!her.
8. SpaceAnemone - Struggling as much as I am, I don't really want to lycnh them, see Jimmmmm
9. Shraeye - I get the different feeling from when we were masons. Could definitely vote there
10. MiX - Don't want to lynch cause I still feel guilt over the last game but at one point, sure. Also, yeah, aggression made me quit Mafia for some time once and also broke two games I was in. It isn't fun.
11. faust - let's see D2
12. ashersky - His activity level changed as we saw in Radch, I can't read him yet. For now feel townie
13. 2.71828..... - strong feeling of actilurking. I don't know, it's like I am reading his posts and then I can't remember what they were about...
14. Robz888 - always up for Robz lynch, you know
15. Awaclus - Is he in this game?
16. Uncleeurope - I am scared of him as of now. But rather would not lynch
17. raerae - don't remember anything from them here
18. chickenwarlord - meh?

Done rereading, everyone look at this post. Now tell me LaLight's reads. Look, I'll help by trying to do the same:

Towny: mcmc(?), Didds, ash, Uncle(?)

Scummy: UoS(?), e

That's it. It's a readlist where there are only 6 non null reads. This whole post is a nothingnburger, it says a bunch of true things but nothing definite, nothing binding...this is in a clear contrast to M121 LL, where he was voting with reasons and doing a lot of scumhunting (yes, we scum read him then, but that's because he was much less active than before and he explained why that was the case. Besides he did flip town). This is coupled with a lot of non!LL things, like not buddying everyone and not being super positive all the time: it might be null, but it's clearly different from town!LL. The rest of his posts are pretty empty as well, except his e vote: I highly doubt they're one scum team, but that doesn't matter here.

And that's it, really, this is the best case I've seen so far on anyone ever in both of my games. If anyone wants to poke holes at it, feel free to, here to learn.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: March 01, 2019, 01:53:57 pm »

I love all the people dancing around with the idea of voting Robz but not doing it.

I think it’s because here is such little difference between him and jimm it’s hard to pick one and they you start doubting why you are voting thinking of voting hemcincthe first place.

Yeah, ok. But like the LaLight votes feel as if they are people saying, "yeah, Robz is a good lynch....Look! LaLight! Let's try a New Thing here right at the deadline" (or approaching the deadline)

How many people do you think are scumbuddies with Robz? Do you seriously expect to catch 2+ scum in an 18 player game in D1? At least admit that some of those were made by town.

Haven't read everything in detail yet, but from a skim if the reasons against LL are just that he hasn't done much, I want to say that I think LL is very readable once he actually gets around to posting. He's been scum, what, 3 games in a row now? And correctly lynched each time.

And we've learned (or at least I've learned) that a couple things I used to think were towntells for him aren't.

Did you forget about the game you modded? He was town there...and this has been said before.

Okay, now that's done, I can say who I'll actually support as lynches: LL, Jimmmmmmm, Space and Glooble, in that order. ash and raerae too if I somehow hear really really good cases but I doubt it. Right now I think LL is a pretty sweet lynch, so yeah, go there. Please read my case on him!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 01, 2019, 01:56:45 pm »

I'm not sure Umbrage is on LaLight's scummy list, but I think I am.

LaLight's reads are a whole lot of nothing; MiX makes a good point.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 01, 2019, 01:57:32 pm »

Did you forget about the game you modded? He was town there...and this has been said before.

Actually I did. He died so early and to be fair he had a private QT, which is pretty scummy!

Why the need to say "this has been said before?"

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 01, 2019, 01:58:17 pm »

Just to see where this goes.

I’m not sold on raerae, but not opposed, there does seem to be a difference since last game, including a much more artificial anti shraye vibe. Like, going after people that think shraeye is town over aggressively analyzing shraeye... I dunno, just feels off.

Asher interests me, as does space.

And the trio of LL, Robz, Jimmmmm, are always interesting. LL being a new addition to that bucket of players since the other two are apparently consistent in play, but LL is joining for no reason. And his excuse is that people are hard to read. Come on, now, LL that never stopped you from making an LL-Bucket, tell me where I can find a scum in X-people. I need my daily intake of foreword slashes.
UE moves his vote off Robz here and onto a new LL wagon, I noticed him doing this constantly last game around the ends of days as scum. Might not be anything but I want to note this.

I did it in my previous games too, I always move my vote around.

Vote: Snow

See?

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 01, 2019, 01:59:07 pm »

Yeah, I actually am kind of liking that case and disliking LL's posts as I reread. Scum is stressful.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 01, 2019, 02:00:07 pm »

Why do you say in like every third post that my reasoning on faust is awful?
It was a super stretch of an analysis on what felt like a very-unimportant point, which was that faust revealed his thought process regarding Dukat.
The fact that you seem to have insta-thought faust was scum based on this nothingness from the first 24 hrs, AND THEN haven't really updated your read on him at all, stinks like a stinker.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 01, 2019, 02:00:42 pm »

It's not about moving your vote around, it's about moving pressure off people you don't really want to lynch toward the end of the day.

And it's not really for you, it's for people to notice late game if, for example, Robz flips scum and I'm dead.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 01, 2019, 02:01:23 pm »

Actually I did. He died so early and to be fair he had a private QT, which is pretty scummy!

Why the need to say "this has been said before?"

Because you should've known this extra piece of information from this game as well? And because I found forgetting that to be weird. Do you want me to quote it? I'm 100% sure it happened.

PPE 1: Yay I made a good case! But Uncle's the last person that I want to agree with me, he's already on that wagon...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 01, 2019, 02:03:14 pm »

It didn't feel super-unimportant, it felt very un-faust. And it's a misrep to say that it's because he revealed his thought process, it's about what his thought process was.

Reads aren't less valid because they happen in the first 24 hours. And you've said a lot more about my read being bad than I said about it in the first place, you keep repeating this like you're trying to discredit it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 01, 2019, 02:04:03 pm »

PPE 1: Yay I made a good case! But Uncle's the last person that I want to agree with me, he's already on that wagon...

That wasn't PPE 1, and it also wasn't Uncle, it was UoS, you both start with U...then I change that sentence to:

Yay, I made a good case!

PPE 5

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 01, 2019, 02:04:55 pm »

Because you should've known this extra piece of information from this game as well? And because I found forgetting that to be weird. Do you want me to quote it? I'm 100% sure it happened.

So it's weirder for me not to remember something that was said in thread than something from a game I modded?

Why would you quote it, what would that accomplish? Do you think I'm denying that someone said LaLight was a mason in my game? Do you think I'm denying it happened?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 01, 2019, 02:06:01 pm »

I'd say Robbz is probably my #1 skumread at the moment.

Why?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 01, 2019, 02:06:46 pm »

So it's weirder for me not to remember something that was said in thread than something from a game I modded?

Why would you quote it, what would that accomplish? Do you think I'm denying that someone said LaLight was a mason in my game? Do you think I'm denying it happened?

I found your question odd. Not really sure how to answer it...so I just said a bunch of truths. No, there's no point on quoting it, I just didn't understand why you asked that...

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 01, 2019, 02:08:06 pm »

Because it seemed weird to me for you to say "this has been said before" and I want to get into your head about why you said it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 01, 2019, 02:08:52 pm »

I am in a workshop, and have to pay attention and try not to be a terrible student.

I will go back to vote: LL because it seems like more people are feeling it and I moved off him originally in the push toward consolidation instigated by faust yesterday.

I think that only people I am willing to move to, at this point, are Ashes or Robz. 

I will be around later this evening, and for about an hour before deadline in the morning (for me).
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: March 01, 2019, 02:11:34 pm »

It didn't feel super-unimportant, it felt very un-faust. And it's a misrep to say that it's because he revealed his thought process, it's about what his thought process was.

Reads aren't less valid because they happen in the first 24 hours. And you've said a lot more about my read being bad than I said about it in the first place, you keep repeating this like you're trying to discredit it.
I *am* trying to discredit it, isn't that obvious? Scum want to make these baseless spread-suspicion cases.  So I'm saying it's a baseless case, you seemed chuffed to pieces that you made it and played a game with it, that feels like the sort of thing scum would be up to.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 01, 2019, 02:14:02 pm »

It's not about moving your vote around, it's about moving pressure off people you don't really want to lynch toward the end of the day.

And it's not really for you, it's for people to notice late game if, for example, Robz flips scum and I'm dead.

But I didn’t do that either, I moved off of people I wanted to lynch to other people I wanted to lynch. Sometimes I move from someone I wanted to lynch to people I didn’t. I was even on a partner at the end of day one.

I don’t like just chilling on a person forever without feeling out the opinions about other people.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 01, 2019, 02:15:41 pm »

So who has talked about voting Robz but hasn't voted there?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 01, 2019, 02:18:33 pm »

I *am* trying to discredit it, isn't that obvious? Scum want to make these baseless spread-suspicion cases.  So I'm saying it's a baseless case, you seemed chuffed to pieces that you made it and played a game with it, that feels like the sort of thing scum would be up to.

"Chuffed" is maybe the best word of all time, I can't be mad at you. But again with the rhetoric.

But why so much focus on it, it's not a case I was driving during most of the time you kept talking about it, and I know we're never going to lynch faust on Day 1 but it will be potentially interesting to see how people reacted to me. Which is frustrating because I got so little reaction.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 01, 2019, 02:22:25 pm »

The Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmm wagon seems dumb, and I'm only really convinced Awaclus is reading the game of the people on it. Seems very lazy.

I think raerae is town, a lot of people jumped in and sort of fanned the flames with this civility argument and she ducked out until it was over with just voicing a bit of support. Townreading UE over laughing at her joke, and her pointing out MiX's calling for her to vote Jimmmm while moving his vote elsewhere. Also, animals are better than humans.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.