Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 380861 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #650 on: March 01, 2019, 10:42:59 am »

I’m caught up. I take back the plan comment, clearly not after all the continued discussion. If it had just disappeared poof style it would have seemed not genuine.

Shraeye is silly but not scummy, even though his vote on me is pointless and misguided. The ferengi thing wasn’t a plan so much as thought based on a misread.

I think raerae is a good day one lynch today — she’s ensured her only memorable interactions are with one (towny) player and hasn’t added any content otherwise.

vote: raerae anyone?

So how does that makes me an informative lynch for town?  You're proposing a lynch of somebody who's few interactions are with somebody you have a townread on.  That seems exceedingly unhelpful to town.

Vote: ash

He didn’t say you were an informative lynch he said you are a good one. I agree your lynch isn’t super informative

I don't get it.  The only good lynch is an informative lynch, otherwise you're just killing to kill, what's the point? 

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 01, 2019, 10:43:15 am »

raerae: upon reread actually kinda scummy. Very "its okay everyone" style posts. The only antagonism she puts out is toward shraeye which is very safe since its easily covered by their relationship. I changed my mind shes back on the list.

Can you give an example of this?  I don't remember passing out warm fuzzies this game.

Oo so hard on mobile, I promise I’ll get to this at some point I’ve got to do some work now. I think it was during the mix/wcd thing though scum would have wanted that to get bigger so it can’t have just been that.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 01, 2019, 10:43:41 am »

A scum lynch is the best lynch regardless of how informative it is.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 01, 2019, 10:44:04 am »

That vote count should be 1.6, right?

Okay, this narrows down the lynch pool to e, Jimmmm, ash, raerae, Robz and probably Glooble. Of these, really don't see the reasoning behind ash, he's clearly a different man, as he said in...RMM51 IIRC? All the usual "ash!plan or you're scum" posts don't work now. Which helps his scum games, but still...

I do see one for raerae, just because she's not doing much, and I remember her doing a LOT more in M121, am I wrong? I don't think I am...but this could very well be null, I don't know...

No one likes the Space wagon. I blame myself there, really, my interactions provided a shield around them. I'll accept this as a consequence of my mistakes...

Mcmc making a LOT of sense, he's so town, oh mcmc, you're my new idol, please teach me how to be so pro-town...after the game, of course.

Does scum!ash put himself in a 1v1 vs raerae like this? How about town!ash?

Vote: Jimmmmmm untill the above is answered, and really because I don't like the e votes.

Can everyone please start saying L-something at 7+ votes? No vote count will make the end of day hard to track.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 01, 2019, 10:45:23 am »

Ashersky will do anything, as town or scum, if they think it will help them win.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 01, 2019, 10:46:18 am »

And you can trust everything that ashersky posts theory-wise will benefit town whether Ash is town or scum
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 01, 2019, 10:47:06 am »

Not a huge fan of lynching ashersky or raerae today though

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 01, 2019, 10:47:24 am »

raerae: upon reread actually kinda scummy. Very "its okay everyone" style posts. The only antagonism she puts out is toward shraeye which is very safe since its easily covered by their relationship. I changed my mind shes back on the list.

Can you give an example of this?  I don't remember passing out warm fuzzies this game.

Oo so hard on mobile, I promise I’ll get to this at some point I’ve got to do some work now. I think it was during the mix/wcd thing though scum would have wanted that to get bigger so it can’t have just been that.

Broski, I very specifically did NOT comment on that interaction.  I'm in Didds' corner but I couldn't add anything that wouldn't get me kicked off the forum to that so I shutdown and walked away.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 01, 2019, 10:48:45 am »

I would be okay with lynching Jimmm, but don't want to leave the 2.7 wagon, since it's more of a thing.

Also, this is a standard "I want to help town lynch"  post from scum!Robz, not convincing me to move my vote

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 01, 2019, 10:49:52 am »

Broski, I very specifically did NOT comment on that interaction.  I'm in Didds' corner but I couldn't add anything that wouldn't get me kicked off the forum to that so I shutdown and walked away.

Okay okay I’ll pull the quotes, would you get a shuffleit username so I can search your posts easier tanks

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 01, 2019, 10:51:05 am »

That vote count should be 1.6, right?

Idk what you’re talking about, it’s always said 1.6.  ;)
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 01, 2019, 10:53:03 am »

Okay okay I’ll pull the quotes, would you get a shuffleit username so I can search your posts easier tanks

Fine, it makes me feel like a fraud though since I'm not actually on there. 

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 01, 2019, 10:55:24 am »

Shraeye proposing a no-lynch is scummy because it lets him do something that isn’t outright alignment indicative. It’s sort of a catch-22 I get that but I’m of the opinion he should get scum points for it (because it technically doesn’t give him scum points but also isn’t helpful).

It’s similar to players that are overly reliant on setup analysis/night actions. I think space is a good example of someone who was reliant on that, then hey started getting scum read for being passive early on and then their meta changed slightly to be more pro-town.

I've got two issues with this. 
First, it feels like you're saying all my activity is because of this NAI issue I've brought up.  Go back, count my no-lynch posts; I dare you.
Second, are you prepared to give scumreads to everyone talking setup?  Enjoy that 40 person scumteam.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 01, 2019, 10:57:01 am »

I’ve played like 10 games on iso, 10 games on goku, and zero on shuffleit. I’m here for the mafia, if it confuses people that’s on them and maybe they should heck out the forum games section
:)

On to the warm fuzzies, you are correct none of them are warm fuzzies so “it’s okay everyone” wasn’t quite right. But your first 25 posts are all either very very subtle and small town reads other than your comments on shraeye, you are playing a very low impact game without actually being lurky, their are no individual posts in particular.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 01, 2019, 10:57:27 am »

I know shraeyerae is everybody's favorite thing, but you are definitely remembering me and attributing it to her.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:29 am »

I’ve played like 10 games on iso, 10 games on goku, and zero on shuffleit. I’m here for the mafia, if it confuses people that’s on them and maybe they should heck out the forum games section

On to the warm fuzzies, you are correct none of them are warm fuzzies so “it’s okay everyone” wasn’t quite right. But your first 25 posts are all either very very subtle and small town reads other than your comments on shraeye, you are playing a very low impact game without actually being lurky, their are no individual posts in particular.

Literally hadn't assigned townreads until today.  You can just admit you're wrong, nobody will blame you.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 01, 2019, 10:59:04 am »

Not a huge fan of lynching ashersky or raerae today though
But I want ash, no fair.  How about reconsider?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 01, 2019, 11:00:09 am »

Use "posts: 72"

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 01, 2019, 11:01:16 am »

Shraeye proposing a no-lynch is scummy because it lets him do something that isn’t outright alignment indicative. It’s sort of a catch-22 I get that but I’m of the opinion he should get scum points for it (because it technically doesn’t give him scum points but also isn’t helpful).

It’s similar to players that are overly reliant on setup analysis/night actions. I think space is a good example of someone who was reliant on that, then hey started getting scum read for being passive early on and then their meta changed slightly to be more pro-town.

I've got two issues with this. 
First, it feels like you're saying all my activity is because of this NAI issue I've brought up.  Go back, count my no-lynch posts; I dare you.
Second, are you prepared to give scumreads to everyone talking setup?  Enjoy that 40 person scumteam.

Well this is awkard
Mcmc Post Count 1.0
[snip]
44 Shraeye: 47-3

I even said that I liked your recent posts, the only reason I brought up the no lynch thing a second time is because raerae asked for clarification. And yes I will assign small scum point to Everton who gives setup discussion that is unlikely to be relevant. It’s scummy because it’s safe and nai.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 01, 2019, 11:03:00 am »

Yea but I always forget that and so I have to find one of her posts and check how many posts it is and it’s a whole process. Don’t get me started on 2.718IRRATINALE1737... like pick a name

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 01, 2019, 11:05:19 am »

Preach. Seeking not to get kicked off is a good standard.

I would vote for Asher, but not raerae. I am less enthusiastic about e than I was before.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 01, 2019, 11:07:57 am »

I know shraeyerae is everybody's favorite thing, but you are definitely remembering me and attributing it to her.

Ha! I have started calling you shra-I in my head to make it different than ray-ray
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 01, 2019, 11:09:54 am »

Yea but I always forget that and so I have to find one of her posts and check how many posts it is and it’s a whole process. Don’t get me started on 2.718IRRATINALE1737... like pick a name

just because I haven't gone and begged theory to change my username here to "irrationalE" - I was actually 3.1415..... originally on iso, then switched to 2.718.... because I thought e was cooler (then I created my f.ds account), then having a username with only numbers got annoying (there was an issue with some coding for gamelogs once upon a time and I figured I would make it easier and just avoid numbers), and I thought irrationalE was clever so I switched to that.

There, now you have the history of my username dating back to iso and how I did not imagine the username "irrationalE" until later in the process.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 01, 2019, 11:16:31 am »

Literally hadn't assigned townreads until today.  You can just admit you're wrong, nobody will blame you.

Fine you get your quote wall!!! If I get fired it’s your fault....

Anyway, care to guess why I voted for faust?

You missed the fact that he unvoted Uncle, didn't you?

Now, serious talk: anyone who knows Robz's meta, does he analyze setups? Does he like to break setups? Is he usually good at theory talk in general?

So, uncle claimed...well that makes him unlynchable, so he might as well be the IC for this day, right?

Vote: raerae, I happen to like e's reason to townread shraeye, and your vote seems like a good way to not play RVS, since he's not dying today.

And why can't shraeye be our lunch today? He seems just as on the table as everybody else?
Not a town read but a very “why can’t he be our lynch” it’s really open ended and non commital

I subbed in for Robz in the last game, and kept rereading the game. Not that Robz said a lot, but it gets in your head.

Gotcha!  For what it's worth, I have an inappropriate amount of trust for you because I look at your name and think, "Mods can't lie!"
Subtle statement of trust and general nothing post.

And no lynch D1 is basically the most absolute worst thing town could ever do D1

Time to mass claim.

Then we no lynch.

Come on everybody, let’s do this.

Please use your ICness this day to do productive things instead of jokes please.

Vote places, question people, I don't know; go all out, you're not dying today, that's for sure.

Disagree, never stop joking. Sprinkle it with serious. Or do whatever you want that makes the game fun for you.
Some warm fuzzies being thrown out “let’s all joke sprinkle it with serious”.(note I agree with this as a point it’s just you’ve posted lots of this nothingness)
No lynch is very bad, but I don't want to welcome shraeye back with a day 1 lynch. Same for raerae.

Naw, let's kill him, I just want to know why first.

Bahaha

Priorities, amirite?

If true crime shows have taught me nothing else it's the importance of a good alibi or at least a good self-defense story!

@jimmmmmm, it's because he made a dad joke, isn't it? I'll take that as a yes and I fully support it.

But, in all seriousness, he's basically done nothing other than call for a no lynch and question MiX's ridiculousness so what's your reason?
Slight defending of shraeye by saying he hasn’t done much.

Like if a player’s general style makes them hard to read, that player is a liability as town and especially dangerous as scum. Sounds like a great day 1 lynch to me.

I'd generally agree but that got MiX killed D1 last game. I'm interested in letting MiX live one more day if only to see what he's like D2.
Another saying you want to let someone live.

Now befor you try to get specific and defend all of those posts individually, I don’t think anything you are saying is outright scummy or wrong. I think when you see how many of hear lgbt hearted posts and posts slightly defending players it fits the narrative of a scum who is active and isn’t making waves but is slightly buddying a lot of players. It’s brought to merit a day 1 scum read.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 01, 2019, 11:21:11 am »

Vote: LL

Just to see where this goes.

I’m not sold on raerae, but not opposed, there does seem to be a difference since last game, including a much more artificial anti shraye vibe. Like, going after people that think shraeye is town over aggressively analyzing shraeye... I dunno, just feels off.

Asher interests me, as does space.

And the trio of LL, Robz, Jimmmmm, are always interesting. LL being a new addition to that bucket of players since the other two are apparently consistent in play, but LL is joining for no reason. And his excuse is that people are hard to read. Come on, now, LL that never stopped you from making an LL-Bucket, tell me where I can find a scum in X-people. I need my daily intake of foreword slashes.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.