Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377501 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: March 01, 2019, 04:49:08 am »

I am so sorry now I even posted the damn thing, I meant to be more of a #Go_FDS_FAM thing... not a #TheirCanOnlyBeOneHighlander_FDS thing...
Could you explain to me what those acronyms are for? I'm not readily familiar with all the shorthand.
Wow this is gonna get a lot longer lol:

#Go_FDS_FAM = Go ForumDomionStrategy Family!
#TheirCanOnlyBeOneHighlander_FDS = ... I don;t know how to insert images... but imagine a 7 foot Norwegian guy holding a broadsword traveling through time that can't die... kind of.

Imagine Arnold Schwartnager... but like combined with the guy from Princess Bride.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 01, 2019, 04:50:39 am »

Also, as long as we have you here Chicken...

Who is your top two skum reads?

Who are the two people you would not lynch right now?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Chickenwarlord

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 01, 2019, 04:59:06 am »

Also, as long as we have you here Chicken...

Who is your top two skum reads?

Who are the two people you would not lynch right now?

I'd say Robbz is probably my #1 skumread at the moment.
A lot of other people are swarming at minor suspicion level, including yourself and Jimmmmm.

I'd hold off on lynching MiX and Faust.
*insert chicken with a sword and shield here*

Chickenwarlord

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 01, 2019, 05:03:06 am »

I'd hold off on lynching MiX and Faust.
And by hold off, I mean we should definitely wait to see what goes down in the night, not that they're at the bottom of my suspicion list.
*insert chicken with a sword and shield here*

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 01, 2019, 05:41:11 am »

You should vote for Robz then. Or are you already?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #605 on: March 01, 2019, 06:42:35 am »

I’m not going to be on much today, FYI. I suspect our mod won’t either- we’re doing a day of fun for our birthday. I’ll pop in a bit late afternoon/ evening, and I’ll wake up a few hours before deadline to make sure I can move my vote somewhere useful.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 01, 2019, 07:36:23 am »

Happy birthday, Glooble and Joth!

Vote: Robz

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 01, 2019, 08:27:59 am »

Friends,

I appreciate the insight about my response to MiX’s aggression. I do not think it was a fight. I was not trying to engage him or argue with him about this issue. I objected to being ordered around and chastised for asking a question. I thought his level of aggressiveness and the fact that he felt justified in barking orders based on a confusion that he created to be unnecessary and hostile.

Specifically, in his response to me about the agressiveness of his post he says (I’m responding in bold in the quote box):

I was too agressive, I know: this is how I act when someone scumslips.
This is not an apology. It is a justification.

What do you mean by "doubling down"? I was never on you...and yes, I do believe the rules have been established, no one disagreed with anything UoS posted in that list (IIRC faust only had a problem with the Garak part).
Doubling down, in this context, means digging in and redoubling your efforts. So I said to back off with the ordering me around (Do what I say! Now!) and you dug in and insisted that you are justified.

I get to order around my scumreads. Especially when they slip this hard...it's not at all scummy to do so, because "scummy in life" does not exist.
You have retracted this (although did not apologize for saying it), so I will not belabor the point, but this is the essence of my issue. If you think I (or anyone) is scum, then make the case. No one has to answer to you or obey your commands. Not doing so does not make them scummy. It gives them agency. “Scummy in life” means being aggressive and hostile, and it absolutely exists. This is a game, but it is also a community and all is not not forgiven just because we are playing.

I do not think intent matters in regard to offense, but that is irrelevant here because MiX absolutely intended to treat me as he did. He does not see anything wrong with it. His apology was all about him needing to calm down because HE was angry, and then later the “sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry” is reminiscent of the always-hollow “I’m sorry that you are offended” variety non-apology. Some of you see nothing wrong with it either, and that is up to you. I did, I said so, and then I took some time away from the situation. No one has found that irrational or untoward, so I’m cool with continuing. If others had piled on, I’d have left the game.

I appreciate that Space, Shraeye, Jimmm, and CWL weighted in on the confusion part. I appreciate faust and space continuing to comment on the communication in our community. I appreciate what DatSwan is trying to do in the f.dsFamily idea, although I disagree with his assessment of the situation. I disagree with Ashersky’s assessment, but that is not unique. I appreciate LL’s perspective and I think it’s important to remember that behavior that drives people away for our community is not optimal.

MiX has declared that the Discussion has Ended which is funny because if he had his way, there never would have been a discussion and it seeems like that I should get a say in that declaration since it functions to silence me. However, I agree that there doesn’t seem to be much more to say about it. I don’t think being hostile is a legit way “to mix things up” and I (perhaps naively) hope that respect is always more important than the game. I think it is freaking awesome that this community came up with its own civility code and holds its members to it.

So, that is where I am at and what I think. And now I have to go to work. Hi ho, hi ho...

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 01, 2019, 08:35:32 am »

So I agree with swan, on like everything, also he’s super towny with the way he’s gone about things.

As for mix I don’t think he’s scum, I don’t think we have enough of a built up meta to know that he is being un genuine (in fact we do have a meta of him being confusing and long winded and getting lynched as town for it).

Oookay, so I reread the mix/wcd scenario at here is what it looks like alignment wise and tonally from the outside.

Mix is town and got really excited because he thinks scum!wcd slipped by accidentally asking him to confirm or deny if he was a pr. This is a super weak argument that an overly excited newer payer comes up with. When you think about it town!wcd is way more likely to make this mistake then scum!wcd because town!wcd’s is confused about everyone’s role/alignment and wants to figure thinks out, scum!wcd wants to not cause a stir and not get lynched. So mix goes real aggressive over a really bad argument.

Wcd in response did get a bit heated which I haven’t seen her before which is the only thing potentially alignment indicative in the whole mess but it’s not outright scummy to be frustrated when someone is really aggressive in tone toward you so this is more something to file away and reflect on post game if it turns out wcd is scum. This is just a good measure for all players for example I’m liable to be strongly defensive as scum and not as town, robz is the opposite strongly defensive as town and cool as a cucumber under pressure as scum.

So all in all I think mix should drop his weak argument for wcd being scum and people should drop the idea that mix is scum because he is super loud and bull headedly pushing a bad case.

I’m off to make some good cases now.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 01, 2019, 08:46:10 am »

Mcmc..... why do some people call you “mom salon”??

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 01, 2019, 08:54:34 am »

I hate it that the two of you have your stuff turned to "offline". Many nights of sitting around wondering if I am gonna be talking to myself or if I get to talk to another person.

This is me too.  I'm never trying to check to see "oooh, guuurrrrl, BBB is online abd not posting how scummy!!". But I do want to know if sitting around waiting for a convo is worthwhile or not.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #611 on: March 01, 2019, 08:58:37 am »

Mcmcsalot got autocorrected.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 01, 2019, 09:00:48 am »

Ouch, so I don't even make the null list? I find this list extraordinarily suspect considering you didn't get everybody. Seems like you had an agenda going into this and it wasn't just to express reads.
What would the agenda be?

I don't think this is making much sense at all. This is a big game, seems natural to focus on the players that you actually have something to say about. And forgive me, but you just have not been very memorable so far.

It's the null that's getting to me. I get it's a big game, it's overwhelming, reads on only people you have reads on makes sense but why even include a null bucket then?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 01, 2019, 09:02:42 am »

I hate it that the two of you have your stuff turned to "offline". Many nights of sitting around wondering if I am gonna be talking to myself or if I get to talk to another person.

This is me too.  I'm never trying to check to see "oooh, guuurrrrl, BBB is online abd not posting how scummy!!". But I do want to know if sitting around waiting for a convo is worthwhile or not.
I don't think me showing my online status would be of much use to you though as it would just mean that I have an f.ds tab on in my browser while I'm off doing other stuff. That happens a lot.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 01, 2019, 09:05:58 am »

That makes sense too, faust.  I've been accused of being online before but it usually means that I have fds tabs open on my computer, which I literally do all the time.  I was talking more "Faust is currently posting" messages.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 01, 2019, 09:09:44 am »

Vote Count 1.6

*chirp* "O'Brien to Rom. I could use your help up here in Ops. The internal sensors are on the fritz again"

"You bet Chief! I'll be rrright there!"

Closing up the panel he's working on in the docking ring, Rom waddles to the turbolift and indicates on the control panel he's heading to Ops.

The door slides closed. A minute later it slides open again. General Martok and Kai Winn get in.

The Ferengi, the Klingon, and the Bajoran are awkwardly cramped in the tiny elevator.

"Uhhh... Nice weather we're having," says Rom.

Martok and Winn regard him with dismay.

"What are you talking about, Ferengi?" Martok growls. "There's no weather on a space station."

"Uhhh... Good point. How's the weather down on Bajor, your Holiness. I mean, your Worshipfulness. I mean, Miss Kai?"

"The Prophets have blessed us with ample rains, my child," the Kai says through pursed lips.

"TThhat's nice," says Rom. "It rains all the time where I'm from. Iiii kind of miss it, actually."

The door finally opens, ending the awkward conversation. But Martok gets the last word, as he's prone to do.

"There may not be weather on this station, but I still sense a storm brewing," he says grimly.

faust (1): UmbrageOfSnow
2.71828..... (4): mcmcsalot, LaLight, Robz888, Awaclus
shraeye (2): raerae, Jimmmmm
MiX (1): SpaceAnemone
chickenwarlord (1): DatSwan
Jimmmmm (2): Glooble, faust
Awaclus (1): ashersky
Robz888 (3): 2.71828....., Uncleeurope, WestCoastDidds
Glooble (1): shraeye
SpaceAnemone (1): MiX

No Lynch (1): chickenwarlord

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch most players. Day 1 ends at 8 a.m. forum time on Saturday, March 2. That's in just under 23 hours!

This will likely be your last vote count before the last vote count, as I'll be out and about most of the day on not able to check in. I will try to check in at least often enough to lock the thread in case of a hammer.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 10:48:31 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 01, 2019, 09:14:08 am »

Like awaclus said Ashersky got autocorrected once when typing my name and it came out as
Mom salon. It stuck because it was funny and cute like me!
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2019, 09:14:56 am »

Ouch, so I don't even make the null list? I find this list extraordinarily suspect considering you didn't get everybody. Seems like you had an agenda going into this and it wasn't just to express reads.
What would the agenda be?

I don't think this is making much sense at all. This is a big game, seems natural to focus on the players that you actually have something to say about. And forgive me, but you just have not been very memorable so far.

It's the null that's getting to me. I get it's a big game, it's overwhelming, reads on only people you have reads on makes sense but why even include a null bucket then?

I agree this is weird but still don’t want to lynch mix. Raerae off my list for today though

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 01, 2019, 09:23:46 am »

It stuck because it was funny and cute like me!

And this is why you are awesome!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 01, 2019, 09:32:17 am »

Mcmc Post Count 1.0

75 faust: 79-4
52 MiX: 54-2
51 Glooble: 53-2
44 UmbrageOfSnow: 45-1
44 Shraeye: 47-3
40 2.71828.....: 42-2
32 WestCoastDidds: 34-2
26 raerae: 30-4
25 mcmcsalot: 28-3
25 DatSwan: 26-1
25 Uncleeurope: 27-2
18 SpaceAnemone: 20-2
15 LaLight: 16-1
14 chickenwarlord: 15-1
14 ashersky: 16-2
14 Awaclus: 15-1
12 Jimmmmm: 15-3
10 Robz888: 11-1

That took way to long on mobile

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 01, 2019, 09:49:00 am »

Right; lets talk reads. 

Here's who seems like they're engaging well, acting towny to me; drawing questions/discussions about eachother:
MiX,
DatSwan,
faust,
WestCoastDidds

Here's who I've taken off my table for various good/bad/irrelevant reasons:
UncleEurope,
chicken,
Robz

Here's my thoughts on e:
I feel like they were getting suspicion early on for being chipper and jokey.  It seems like they were getting slight impressions, magnifying them 1000% either A) because it's funny or B) because that makes people go "What?!" and get this big game rolling.  I put big townpoints on them for that.  My recollection is that once people started saying e was suspicious, then 2.71 started making more muted opinions.  I don't like that; reacting when others perceive you as scummy isn't in general good.  Like, if large cases were happening, and 2.71's defending them....coool.  But if people are like "feels weird" and then 2.71 changes the vibes they're putting out....don't love that.  So the townpoints will probably carry 2.71 off my list tonight.  But 2.71 is not my biggest townread no more.

Here's my gut feeling on our lurker-ish folk:
Jimmmm=good,
Robz = good (see above),
Awaclus = bad,
LaLight = bad

Here's a set of null folk:
SpaceAnenome (who's name I can't say out loud),
raerae (surprising null read, usually I sort that one out pretty quick; I blame my utter failure last game for breaking my radar)

Here's some people who's content I've disagreed with, and I'm still trying to decide if that makes me at all suspicious of them. heart says "Yes!", brain says "that's absurd", heart asks "why?", brain says "what they feel is what they feel. they could be scum or not", heart says "you said 'could be scum' so I win and you can't take it back":
Umbrage (probably not, it's his setup analysis that I'm against; also his faust vote/game/reasoning was awful)
mcmcs (yeah sorta, he feels like the leader of the bad votes on e)

Now to the bottom end of the list:
Glooble:
There's Glooble/ash Ferengi confusion that made me suspicious
Still feels like he's saying an awful lot and pushing an awful little.  That disparity is scummier than either thing by itself.  MiX is saying/pushing a lot.  Robz is saying/pushing nothing.  Cool, consistency.
He was vocally saying that gut-based reads aren't good
THIS piece, always interests me; it felt like suspicion was up and on him, but I vote, Uncle votes, and then crickets...that always raises my eyebrows off my face.  On reread, I was again thinking that I knee-jerked myself into a scumread, but it just magnifies my suspicions so much when people get cold feet and don't vote for someone they suspect.  So, Glooble's staying in my would-lynch list.

Ashersky:
Ash gets suspicion for "I don't think anybody is townreading him, I recall people saying he's scummy, but why is nobody voting for him???"
That Ferengi plan was suspect man;  ashersky prides himself on thinking through setups deeply, finding great strategies that will break things down and help town.  So he put forth something which even dumb ol' shraeye could see didn't make sense.  Usually he's thinking two levels ahead of me, so it is suspicious at all heck when he's thinking even one step behind me.  Definitely felt like he was trying to "match" his town-plan meta and put out something he really hadn't thought through at all.

So
vote: ashersky
for now.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 01, 2019, 09:50:00 am »

PS: I'm mad at everybody, because literally the only vote on the bottom half of my list is ashersky voting for Awaclus....seriously?!?  Are you all one massive scumteam??

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 01, 2019, 09:50:23 am »

mcmc, Thank you!

what does the number-dash-number mean?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 01, 2019, 09:50:55 am »

Okay, I've got a grand total of one townread (Uncle, because he laughed at a joke I made, he never laughed at any of the amazing jokes I made last game even though he was given ample opportunity, this is good enough for me) and no strong scumreads.  I am suspicious of e, MiX, Glooble for being on #teamnotshraeye, still seems like a weird stance to take for virtually no reason.  Basically I'm saying my vote's for sale, if there's a reasonable case out there I'll bite on it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 01, 2019, 09:54:41 am »

Okay, I've got a grand total of one townread (Uncle, because he laughed at a joke I made, he never laughed at any of the amazing jokes I made last game even though he was given ample opportunity, this is good enough for me) and no strong scumreads.  I am suspicious of e, MiX, Glooble for being on #teamnotshraeye, still seems like a weird stance to take for virtually no reason.  Basically I'm saying my vote's for sale, if there's a reasonable case out there I'll bite on it.
If you vote Jimmmmm then I promise I won't hammer you tomorrow!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 20 queries.