Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377591 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: February 27, 2019, 03:29:35 pm »

That is so adorable. FoS: LaLight, because having 2 votes is double the power!

What did I miss?

What do you mean by this?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2019, 04:09:39 pm »

For you to explain what you mean, because it doesn't align with my worldview.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2019, 04:53:21 pm »

Wow take one day off and I’m 5 pages behind
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2019, 04:56:00 pm »

Wow take one day off and I’m 5 pages behind

So. Many. Players.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 27, 2019, 04:56:35 pm »

For you to explain what you mean, because it doesn't align with my worldview.

In a big game like this, I feel it's useful to use votes and FoSes to approach 2 different angles at the same time. This means I cover twice as much ground with my voting, which in turn means FoS acts like a vote. This might not be the best idea, but I didn't want to drop my vote on Jimmmmm just to apply some pressure to LL, so I thought it made sense here. I've used this reasoning on my FoS, where I liked my vote on faust but wanted to apply pressure on Robz, something that wasn't possible if I dropped the vote on faust.

Is that enough, shraeye? I want you to have a solid read on me so what happened last time doesn't happen this game too...at least have real cases behind my mislynch.

@mcmc, I was almost going to call you scummy for voting for e and then dissapearing; actually, can you explain your e vote? That seems to be a big deal now with people sheeping it.

@Robz, why are you voting for chicken? Did his recent posts change anything?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 27, 2019, 05:01:00 pm »

I moved back to E.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 27, 2019, 05:02:33 pm »

What did I miss?

Are you the double voter MiX?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 27, 2019, 05:06:53 pm »

What did I miss?

Are you the double voter MiX?

Vote: Didds

PR Hunting. Yeah, I highly doubt this is your town meta, look at this post and read it VERY CAREFULLY:

Other things worth saying at this time:

• Cops should aim for their scumreads rather than townreads, innocents are at best half useless and possibly completely useless
  • Cops should only claim results on a guilty or if they are about to be lynched
  • Crumbing roles is terrible here and should be avoided
  • Crumbing innocent results should be kept pretty subtle, it's a much bigger deal to out yourself than for us to miss the crumb
  • Sisko should target a scumread every night, hitting an NK well worth the risk of blocking town
  • Sisko shouldn't claim if there are fewer NKs than expected, too many things can do that, but he should heavily suspect his previous night's target
  • Bashir, Garak, Yates, and Winn should really be saving their shots for as late in the game as they think they can manage
  • Garak really needs to crumb his bus driver targets if he uses that one (I would)

Bolding is mine: Take a good long look at it. Now realize your mistake. Please state everything about your thought process that lead you to post that. Now, please.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 27, 2019, 05:59:27 pm »

Dude, you can take off of the bossy boots right now. You don't get to order me, or anyone else, around. It's scummy AF in the game and in life, and I am not having it.

You said "That is so adorable. FoS: LaLight, because having 2 votes is double the power!"

Sure seems like you are saying you have two votes, I am not the only one confused, and you're FoS is just as good as a vote discussion is nonsensical to me. And no one says anyone has to obey UoS list of rules to be followed about roles, so I'm not sure that you are although you are quoting it here like its part of the setup.

I didn't make a mistake. I read more carefully than you do (see the Space gender discussion that you either didn't read or disregarded). Looks to me like you are saying you have two votes, so I am just making sure. Doubling down on me for pointing it out because the question doesn't follow the rules you believe have been established while trying to discipline me in the process...not cool.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 27, 2019, 06:11:54 pm »

I was too agressive, I know: this is how I act when someone scumslips.

Go over everything we know this game:

- One of the PRs is double-voter
- All PRs want to be hidden to protects the cops/other important PRs
- UoS said crumbing roles is bad: I stand by this, do you question it?
- I said "having 2 votes is double the power!" after FoSing.
- shraeye asked what I meant by that.
- I asked him what exactly he wanted.
- He said he was generally confused.
- I explained that I think FoS could be like a second vote.
- You questioned me if I had 2 votes.

You made a very big mistake: by asking if I have 2 votes, you're asking what my PR is: no matter what I answer, you'll gain information (in fact we'll all gain information, which here means scum). I believe we have agreed that outing PRs is bad in this setup, as I stated above. Thus, your question was a way to make me slip something about my role. This only helps scum. Ergo, you are scum.

What do you mean by "doubling down"? I was never on you...and yes, I do believe the rules have been established, no one disagreed with anything UoS posted in that list (IIRC faust only had a problem with the Garak part).

I get to order around my scumreads. Especially when they slip this hard...it's not at all scummy to do so, because "scummy in life" does not exist.

This is super convenient, I had something to ask you:

What do you think about shraeye/UoS/Glooble? Do you think they're towny, scummy or null for their setup talk?

It's buried in one of my many big posts, but still.

Now, how will you respond to agresssiveness? I believe this is your weak spot, if I press it you might slip even more! Please, answer this with everything you have.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 27, 2019, 06:58:43 pm »

Now, how will you respond to agresssiveness_

MiX, I'm not okay with the way you're treating WCD. Please remember that you've signed the Civility Pledge, saying that you will treat other players in a civil manner. You've admitted that you were excessively aggressive, and yet you seem completely unapologetic about it. You're even continuing to push and criticise her. How about considering a less aggressive approach, and perhaps an apology to WCD?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 27, 2019, 07:10:15 pm »

Now, how will you respond to agresssiveness_

MiX, I'm not okay with the way you're treating WCD. Please remember that you've signed the Civility Pledge, saying that you will treat other players in a civil manner. You've admitted that you were excessively aggressive, and yet you seem completely unapologetic about it. You're even continuing to push and criticise her. How about considering a less aggressive approach, and perhaps an apology to WCD?

I am a firm believer that I should be aggressive here and that Didds can take it. If I am wrong, I apologize. When I pushed my boundaries with you, the resulting arguments would be NAI. Here I believe they are not.

Sigh...okay, calm down, calm down, you can do this...

@WCD, please explain why you wanted me to answer that question. In as great detail as possible. I'm trying to calm down...I still think that was a scumslip. And I still want an answer...please don't take this personally...
Ah, and also answer the points I made in the other post, of course.

I get to order around my scumreads. Especially when they slip this hard...it's not at all scummy to do so, because "scummy in life" does not exist.

I withdraw this statement, I believe this was over the line.

I hope everyone can see where I'm coming from with this...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 27, 2019, 07:11:15 pm »

vote: 2.7 he doesn’t feel as genuine as he normally does to me. Hasn’t come across as towny and he normally does pretty early.

This is my thought as well as I am rereading

vote: 2.71828.....

Why? I don't think I've seen cases against e and he seems pretty town to me. Also, sheeping a meh, if not bad, vote is just...lazy, as (I think) Didds put it. Scumpoints!

I also have to say that I've been reading the QTs of M121, and I saw this in the mason one...

LaLight: "...By the way MiX when you read this, sorry!"

@faust, what makes you think Swan didn't get a scumread from chicken?

This is the post from MiX that shraeye and WCD commented on. TBH, my response to it was also bafflement, because MiX appears to be calling LL "adorable" and then pseudo-voting for him all on one line, which kind of implies that the two events are somehow linked. Then he also implies on the same line that FoS is like doubling his vote (which is in itself a highly questionnable statement because bussing is only interesting if you risk actually contributing to your teammate's lynch).

Anyway, spending more time re-reading the post, I assume the quote at the top is the justification for the FoS-vote, the content in the middle is a completely irrelevant aside on the theme of LL, and then the FoS-vote on LL happens, and then there's another separate point to faust tacked on the end.

tl;dr I found the a structure of the post pretty hard to follow, even though I'm familiar with the FoS acronym.

PPE 1
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 27, 2019, 07:33:04 pm »

It's probably the exact thing I noticed, and it needed to be asked/sorted, because you've either had A) a terrible choice of words, or B) knowledge about LaLights role, or C) are crumbing (who are we to know how closely youve read stuff)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 27, 2019, 07:36:48 pm »

West coast didn't scumslip, but both her and I just did a double-take because it looked like YOU did to me.  Now I see your explanation and Im pretty sure it was just bad word choice.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2019, 07:38:59 pm »

Still, if LaLight ever flips as scum double voter, nothing in the world will stop me from immediately voting you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2019, 09:32:07 pm »

I am super-twisted up about this MiX thing. He rubbed me wrong in his initial aggro response and then the non-apology and assumption that I can “take” even more aggression feels really disrespectful to me.

For a few minutes, I was just gonna quit the game because seriously, my life has too much of that kind of treatment and I don’t need more “for fun”. But space and shraeye seem to think he’s out of line, too, so maybe my feelings aren’t coming out of nowhere.

So, I’m gonna hang with my guy and my cats and drink a bunch of wine and see what I think about it all in the morning or whenever it is that I’m not feeling so angry and belittled.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2019, 09:39:24 pm »

When I saw the 2 votes thing I assumed there was a claim I hadn't seen.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2019, 09:46:56 pm »

Everyone, please be cool. A quick re-read of the Civility Pledge might be a good move for some folks. We're all here to have fun. Vote count coming soon.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2019, 10:07:15 pm »

Vote Count 1.4

Even higher than that, on the upper level of the promenade, Jake and Nog sit dangling their legs over the edge of the walkway, looking out the station window at the wormhole.

"It's been a long time since we've done this, hasn't it?" Jake asks.

"These were simpler times," Nog says. "Watching the freighters. Making fun of ambassadors. Pulling pranks on Odo."

"So hey, what do you know about all this spy stuff?" Jake asks, pulling out a PADD. "My Dad won't tell me anything, but I think it could make for a great article."

"Oh no," Nog says. "I'm not going to be your Starfleet leak source. You could get me into a lot of trouble."

Jake looks dejected, but not surprised.

"C'mon, buddy," Nog says. "Let's go get a Jumja stick, for old time's sake."

faust (2): 2.71828....., UmbrageOfSnow
2.71828..... (3): mcmcsalot, LaLight, Robz888
shraeye (2): raerae, Jimmmmm
Robz888 (1): faust
MiX (1): SpaceAnemone
chickenwarlord (2): ashersky, DatSwan
Jimmmmm (1): Glooble
LaLight (1): WestCoastDidds
Awaclus (1): Uncleeurope
WestCoastDidds (1): MiX
No Lynch (1): chickenwarlord

Not voting (2): Shraeye, Awaclus

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch most players. Day 1 ends at 8 a.m. forum time on Saturday, March 2.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:11:52 am by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2019, 10:28:17 pm »

When I saw the 2 votes thing I assumed there was a claim I hadn't seen.
Yeah, that was my immediate assumption; and when I looked for it it wasn't there.  Hence my need for an explanation.  And if WestCoast hadn't popped in with the question "are you double voter?" I sure as heck would have.

I think MiX got super excited about finding somebody doing something anti-town.  But, firstly, it wasn't anti-town to get that clarification from MiX; he brought that upon himself and made it necessary (at least from my perspective).  And secondly, even if you think you caught scum, there have got to be levels to handling it.  MiX brought it to a much too high level; I hope that he can realize this, apologize, and scale it back.

WestCoast, you drink you some good wine (hope it's a savignon blanc from New Zealand).

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2019, 01:10:45 am »

WestCoast, you drink you some good wine (hope it's a savignon blanc from New Zealand).

I don't know, a Riesling from Germany (dry, not sweet) is quickly moving up my list of favorite wines after moving here.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 28, 2019, 01:20:04 am »

That being said, shows of emotion (show not meaning faked, just displayed in thread) mean different things for different people, and can often be town v town situations as both parties 1) have limited information and 2) are fully convinced in their own mind they are absolutely correct.

And then hopefully all that is required is a cool down period, an emphatic look at the other person's point of view, and we develop a read on situation from there.

For me, I think it is relatively likely MiX and WCD are town
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2019, 01:22:04 am »

Also,

Vote: DatSwan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2019, 01:26:46 am »

They feel like they have been flying under the radar and I didn't really like their chicken vote
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.