Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377432 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2019, 06:12:25 am »

i.e. if we lynch faust and he flips town, I'm really going to suspect e, but if he flips scum his partner is probably UE.

Is that just a random example or do you actually believe that?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2019, 06:13:27 am »

what's going on

Robz is playing up his meta in thread, so likely town
UoS is trying real hard to be helpful, so likely town
There are a bunch of people I haven't played with before, at least one is likely scum, probably MiX, but let's lynch them another time
I created a scum read on faust for fun

Oh and someone claimed something that means absolutely nothing.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Chickenwarlord

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2019, 06:35:09 am »

The odds we have on a first day lynch are anywhere from 22-33% depending on the loadout we got. These SEEM like decent stab in the dark odds, but right now it seems unlikely that we'll reach any sort of agreement on who to target. I'm all for experimenting with no lynch and hoping scum bump toes in the night.
*insert chicken with a sword and shield here*

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2019, 06:52:32 am »

Easier to get dead scum if we lynch, therefore lynching is good. Yes, I do stand by that.

Can anyone tell me what scum!raerae does? I'm finishing up my metaread on e and I wanted to go to faust next...

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2019, 06:54:24 am »

I'm finishing up my metaread on e and I wanted to go to faust next...

That sounds scary. Are you reading recent games or old ones?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2019, 06:58:18 am »

The odds we have on a first day lynch are anywhere from 22-33% depending on the loadout we got. These SEEM like decent stab in the dark odds, but right now it seems unlikely that we'll reach any sort of agreement on who to target. I'm all for experimenting with no lynch and hoping scum bump toes in the night.
Hi! Obligatory round of newbie stuff:

Make sure you make a post in the forums somewhere outside the forum games section, this will prevent having to do a captcha each time you post.
Would be nice for finding your posts if you added you ShuffleIT Username or a distinguishable signature to your profile.
Can you tell us about your prior experience and what your preferred pronouns are?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2019, 06:58:41 am »

what's going on

There are a bunch of people I haven't played with before, at least one is likely scum, probably MiX, but let's lynch them another time
I created a scum read on faust for fun

yeah, I don't want to lynch MiX, not yet. Robz lately is paying his meta in the thread trying to seem town but usually ends up as scum. hmmm

let me reread the whole thread in a couple of days. sorry, I am swamped in things now. I will try to react to recent posts, but old ones will have to wait. Also, can anyone wrap up what happened in the original game if they haven't already? I slightly remember reading it, it was amusing, but I don't remember anything at all
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2019, 08:38:37 am »

How does the SK Strongman interact with Bus Driving?

It would be nice if all role clarifications would be added to the setup post for easy reference.
    [/list]

That’s a good idea. I’ll add those later on this morning.

The SK’s kill can be bus-driven or redirected, and it is trumped by Kasidy’s commute. It gets through Bashir’s doctor shot and scum!Kira’s bulletproof.
    "I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

raerae

• Thief
    • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
      • View Profile
    « Reply #258 on: February 25, 2019, 09:16:55 am »

Easier to get dead scum if we lynch, therefore lynching is good. Yes, I do stand by that.

Can anyone tell me what scum!raerae does? I'm finishing up my metaread on e and I wanted to go to faust next...

My friend, I last played three years ago or more, even I don't remember my own meta, if you insist on relying on that you're best off using Philosopher's as your meta-test for me.

MiX

• Navigator
    • It's me.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #259 on: February 25, 2019, 09:22:31 am »

Can't use ongoing game (wo)man...especially for your scum meta.

I'll need to get home to consolidate my thoughts on e, but I just see towny things, even if minor.

Vote: faust, temp vote while I read him / finish my read on e

That reminds me, @e, I'm using recent games but had to go deeper for scum!e, just need to read 1 older town!e game to see if the changes are alignment-indicative or not.

jotheonah

• Jester
      • View Profile
    « Reply #260 on: February 25, 2019, 09:51:50 am »

The opening setup post has been updated with a bunch of role clarifications. Never run an open setup, friends. It's entirely too much work. Vote count this afternoon.
    "I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
      • View Profile
      • Solutions to Problems
    « Reply #261 on: February 25, 2019, 10:02:26 am »

The opening setup post has been updated with a bunch of role clarifications. Never run an open setup, friends. It's entirely too much work. Vote count this afternoon.

One more question- what happens if Bareil is scum and inherits the copping ability for his own faction?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
      • View Profile
    « Reply #262 on: February 25, 2019, 10:17:02 am »

vote: 2.7 he doesn’t feel as genuine as he normally does to me. Hasn’t come across as towny and he normally does pretty early.
    Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
    Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
    Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
    • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
    • Didds, ya'll
      • View Profile
    « Reply #263 on: February 25, 2019, 10:56:52 am »

hey guys, was moving to another apartment and now I finally am here

That’s a hassle, but potentially awesome. Moving is hard, so I hope you like the new space. And that the cats like it. Because priorities.
    classic Diddsian meddling
    I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
    • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
    • Didds, ya'll
      • View Profile
    « Reply #264 on: February 25, 2019, 11:01:56 am »

It seems unlikely that we’ll reach a consensus, yet it usually happens. Kind of wild! We still have lots of time to interact and pay attention so even if it seems impossible that half of us would agree to lynch one person now, we will likely get there by the deadline. Partly because most of us (based on my limited knowledge of a handful of games) will want a lynch, so as it gets closer to the deadline there will be some converging. And how we converge (or not) helps us have more to analyze in D2.
    classic Diddsian meddling
    I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #265 on: February 25, 2019, 11:03:57 am »

Vote: Robz

jotheonah

• Jester
      • View Profile
    « Reply #266 on: February 25, 2019, 11:06:23 am »

Vote Count 1.2

With the threat of infiltration looming, Odo visits his go-to number one suspect at his bar. He finds Morn sitting in his usual spot, talking Quark's ear off as usual.

"Sorry to interrupt that fascinating story, Morn, but I need to have a word with Quark."

"I always have time for my favorite non-customer," Quark says, brightly but sarcastically. "Need a drink to stare at?"

"What I need is to know whether you've heard any rumbles about Maquis activity on the station."

"Everything's been pretty quiet to be honest," Quark replies. "In fact, if you ask me, it's bad for business. Everyone's suspicious, which means no one wants to let down their guard, which means no one wants to drink."

"Present company excluded," he adds, gesturing to Morn as the Lurian takes another gulp of his Saurian Brandy.

"I hope you catch the interlopers soon, Odo, I really do. My profit margins can't take another day of this."

"Hmmmph," Odo replies.

faust (3): 2.71828....., UmbrageOfSnow, MiX
    2.71828..... (1): mcmcsalot
    shraeye (2): raerae, Glooble
    UmbrageOfSnow (2): UncleEurope, ashersky
    Robz888 (1): faust

Not voting (9): Jimmmmm, LaLight, DatSwan, WestCoastDidds, SpaceAnemone, Shraeye, Robz888, Awaclus, chickenwarlord

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch most players. Day 1 ends at 8 a.m. forum time on Saturday, March 2.

One more question- what happens if Bareil is scum and inherits the copping ability for his own faction?

You get a cop you can't trust and he gets a power he can't use. (Well he can use it but it won't tell him anything he doesn't already know...)
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 11:10:50 am by jotheonah »

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #267 on: February 25, 2019, 11:25:25 am »

(Well he can use it but it won't tell him anything he doesn't already know...)
    A Changeling UB could use it to find Odo!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
      • View Profile
    « Reply #268 on: February 25, 2019, 11:39:12 am »

I’ll sheep mcmc’s vote on E, am also getting a funny vibe from him though I can’t really describe it.

Faust is making a lot of sense, which isn’t surprising. We should not lynch Faust, obviously.

Someone asked what happened the last time this game was run. A big difference was that it was a closed setup and we spent a ton of time trying to guess who could be scum based on their role claim, because we thought the two scum sides had to be roughly equal in power and one seemed stronger than the other. We ended up in a fairly enthralling stand off, it’s well worth re reading for entertainment’s sake.

vote: E
    I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
    • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
    • (´。• ω •。`)
      • View Profile
      • Birds of Necama
    « Reply #269 on: February 25, 2019, 12:10:12 pm »

I'm a bit VLA for the following few days.
    Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
      • View Profile
      • Solutions to Problems
    Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (PMs sent. Night 0)
    « Reply #270 on: February 25, 2019, 12:56:10 pm »

Rereading e:

There are 24 posts. 2 are before the game starts. Then we get RVS vote on LaLight, townread on shraeye based on nothing (joke?), and a bit of skepticism of faust for wanting Gul Dukat to claim. Votes faust after faust votes him but we're basically still RVS I think. Understandably confused about Eddie. This "basically an IC" thing feels like a dig at me last game, is that right e?

Lots of bickering with faust. Continues to insist shraeye is town for no reason, but I still think its a joke. Makes a list of folks not to lynch. Doesn't remember if he's played with shraeye.

MiX sheeping e's townread seems scummier than e's very insistent townread to me.

Then he says to lynch faust again, says no lynch is very bad (I agree) then he summarizes the day and makes conclusions I don't agree with.

what's going on

No he's not, he played exactly like this day one in Ancillary Mafia and he was scum.

Never played a day one with UoS, so I don't know what he's usually like. His big advice post seemed mostly towny to me, some of it is kind of Mafia 101 but some of it is setup specific and things a town PR might not have thought of that scum probably would prefer they didn't. All in all it doesn't give me a super strong read on him either way.

It means we should treat UncleEurope at L-2 as if he's at L-1. It means we should be midful of the possibility that he could screw us over in the endgame (If he's town.) It certainly doesn't mean absolutely nothing.

Okay, so that was e, so far, this game. Doesn't jump out to me as scummy, but it kinda feels like he was in the jokey RVS mindset until like really recently. I'm still happy with my shraeye vote for now. Certainly open to other options as the day progresses.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
    • It's me.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #271 on: February 25, 2019, 01:56:30 pm »

I don't think you needed all that detail to see that e's towny, it's so early that a "reread" is pretty simple. He's been engaging various points in a generally towny way, the only thing that's off is his activity, which is higher than usual, but I believe that would come more from town!e anyway. Wish I had more concrete things, but e doesn't seem to do much D1, ever...

Now, to UoS' #224 post:

I just realized that we have a completely new player, so every single one of these points is necessary to guide him.

It's better to say who we would target as Garak than say what our town/scum reads, that's much less information for scum and it lets Garak be much more flexible.

Why is faust scum? Why is everyone assuming this? I see nothing, but I'll reread his past games to be sure.

MiX sheeping e's townread seems scummier than e's very insistent townread to me.

If you put it in relative terms, yes (since e's townread is towny and mine's null), but I really see no problem in townreading shraeye, they match everything I've seen from previous town!shraeye games and nothing of scum!shraeye. In fact, the more he talks, the townier he gets.

@Chickenwarlord, how would you describe town!you and scum!you? How much have you played? How much do you know? What are your scum buddies? Right now you haven't said much...

Well that's my reread from an actual computer, did I miss anything?

MiX

• Navigator
    • It's me.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #272 on: February 25, 2019, 05:55:02 pm »

Now that <ongoing game> is over, I can just give faust all the townpoints I want, because they're pretty much doing the same here, at least from what I remember. I'll need to reread that game to get a feel of everyone who was there.

On the other hand, I gained a scumread on Uncle, but that's irrelevent, so whatever.

I was rereading scum!faust games (since I already knew some town!faust games), and my conclusion is that I have no idea how to read him. He just seems to do the same thing as town and scum.

On the other hand, I don't like Robz' vote on e where faust is a clearly better wagon (well, it's bigger, and he wants D1 to end right?), so until he doesn't go there:

FoS: Robz888 (treat this as a vote that won't lower faust's wagon)

That vote might be contradictory with my townread on faust, but I actually have no reason to believe that's not what scum!faust does, since I have...no idea what scum!faust's tells are. Does anyone know?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
      • View Profile
    « Reply #273 on: February 25, 2019, 06:27:58 pm »

i.e. if we lynch faust and he flips town, I'm really going to suspect e, but if he flips scum his partner is probably UE.

Is that just a random example or do you actually believe that?

It was a semi-random example, I wanted an example and I tried to think of something that kind of made sense off the top of my head, was sort of hoping someone would jump on me for "lining up mislynches" over it. On reflection I don't feel like e's vote on you is any scummier if you're town, or really particularly scummy at all. But the UE as a possible partner interaction thing is more of a real thing I'd suspect upon your scum flip, but like a point against rather than vote-worthy all by itself.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
      • View Profile
    « Reply #274 on: February 25, 2019, 06:30:14 pm »

yeah, I don't want to lynch MiX, not yet. Robz lately is paying his meta in the thread trying to seem town but usually ends up as scum. hmmm

So why are you scumreading Robz, Lalight?
    Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.