Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377653 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2019, 02:20:53 am »

Down to 15 for my lynch pool. D1 is awesome!
Should be 14. 17 - UoS - shraeye - Eddie
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (PMs sent. Night 0)
« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2019, 04:43:55 am »

I happen to like e's reason to townread shraeye, and your vote seems like a good way to not play RVS, since he's not dying today.

What.  What what?  e has no reason.  How on earth can you like it?

Not THIS again...do I have to explain my thought process, getting lynched in the process? Well, here goes...

E said he had a townread on shraeye. Seeing as I've played with him and read some of his past games, I went to see if I, too, got a townread from reading shraeye closer. I found out that, yes, I did, even if not as much as E's "conf!town". Thus, I assumed his reasons to townread shraeye were the same as mine.

Happy?

Are you scum?

No.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2019, 04:51:42 am »

Why Eddie?  Because they claimed a role that will likely never be NKed?  Not good enough for me.

You know what is good enough for me though?  The fact that I haven't played with them before.  In the same vein lets also add MiX, raerae, and chicken to the non-D1 lynch list.

Down to 11!

Speaking of chicken, where are they?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2019, 04:53:33 am »

I happen to like e's reason to townread shraeye, and your vote seems like a good way to not play RVS, since he's not dying today.

Not THIS again...do I have to explain my thought process, getting lynched in the process? Well, here goes...

E said he had a townread on shraeye. Seeing as I've played with him and read some of his past games, I went to see if I, too, got a townread from reading shraeye closer. I found out that, yes, I did, even if not as much as E's "conf!town". Thus, I assumed his reasons to townread shraeye were the same as mine.

Happy?

Are you scum?

No.

Wait, we played together?  which game?  And why don't I remember it?  Losing my memory....no good at all.

Good news though is that you are back in the D1 lynch pool!
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2019, 04:55:06 am »

@Robz888, I have a strong urge to slap you into doing setup stuff, but I fear I might fail...anyway my vote's already in a better place.

@mcmc, those are good questions, I'm glad you asked. It's not rude, but I'm not saying more.

@Chickenwarlord, get a signature or something that we can search for to see all of your posts, it helps and I'm sure DatSwan will say the same when he actually gets to the game.

@E, I'm pretty sure scum!UoS can say that they're happy someone claimed and simultaneously say that claims hurts town, especially when the claim that happened is the only good claim to do immediately.

PPE 2: If we kill Uncle now, UB will get Hated Godfather, which is pretty bad. Chicken already posted...that reminds me, @Chickenwarlord, get a picture, makes skimming much easier.

And I meant I played with shraeye...I knew that was going to get ambiguous, but I was sure you had memory  :P

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2019, 04:55:43 am »

Happy?

Are you scum?

No.

Also, only getting lynched if the thought process is scummy.  Which here I would say is fairly close to that.  Enough to build a fool-proof D1 lynch case (as all D1 lynch cases are)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2019, 05:29:44 am »

Y’all are generation gapping me. I know nothing about the neopets.

But I used the Internet when Internet Relay Chat was a thing. I like being old...more money means better drinks.

IRC is a thing.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2019, 08:53:53 am »

Sigh...okay, okay...

18+, Europe, College, studying math.

Did that answer your question? I won't get into more specifics.

For hobbies, well, where are we, right? Except I started playing it in Tabletop Simulator, not IRL.

Relevant things would be:

1) Are you a native English speaker? Your use of "College" and "math" marks you out as very unlikely to be from the UK. I think you're probably a fluent non-native rather than an American studying abroad, but the distinction could be relevant if trying to read a lot into your posts later.

2) What timezone are you in? It's useful to know when deadlines fall in timezones where a player can or can't be present. In general, US-evening deadlines suck for Europe-based players. I'm a night own based in the UK, so I'm at forum time plus five, but offset a couple of hours west because I don't really like mornings and try to minimise my exposure :-P

Bonus point: I can barely play Dominion... I'm here solely for the Mafia :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2019, 08:56:11 am »

Also, hi everyone! There are several names I don't recognise here, possibly because I haven't really read many of the games I haven't played in myself.

Just to get it out of the way early: my preferred pronoun is they/them. I get really frustrated at people going with "default he", though thankfully that is more rare here than it used to be, I think :-)
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2019, 08:59:15 am »

Is MiX a veteran from somewhere else?  Plays with a lot of confidence, which I auto-read as scummy when I'm not familiar with them.

Robz is a great D1 lynch, but also a useful player later in the game, so it's a toss up there.

Every mcmc post has felt like a good post, which means he's scum.

SA is being nice and hasn't yet analyzed anything, which means they're scum.

Basically everyone is scummy, no town reads for anyone.  That can't be right, right?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2019, 09:01:17 am »

As for the question of posting recommendations for how roles should be played, I absolutely think it's a useful pro-town thing to do. As someone who likes playing in a collaborative setting (which isn't generally possible for town, except as masons or something), it's good to hear others' ideas about how a role should be used. Not only that, but I think it's also useful to see what certain people are or aren't pushing for in terms of role optimization, because that can often help reads too.

If scums feel they have to contribute to discussion optimal play and will get called out for things that aren't good for town, then they have fewer opportunities to hide scummy play behind "personal right to decide", and are obliged to contribute town-positive ideas or to expose themselves as not working solely in town's interest.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2019, 09:07:09 am »

My meta is I’m useless at setup stuff and just kind of hate day 1 in general.

Does anyone like Day 1?

Do you? Answer honestly please.

1) Are you a native English speaker? Your use of "College" and "math" marks you out as very unlikely to be from the UK. I think you're probably a fluent non-native rather than an American studying abroad, but the distinction could be relevant if trying to read a lot into your posts later.

2) What timezone are you in? It's useful to know when deadlines fall in timezones where a player can or can't be present. In general, US-evening deadlines suck for Europe-based players. I'm a night own based in the UK, so I'm at forum time plus five, but offset a couple of hours west because I don't really like mornings and try to minimise my exposure :-P

No. +0, so forum+5. I hope you can determine where I am with this information...

Is MiX a veteran from somewhere else?  Plays with a lot of confidence, which I auto-read as scummy when I'm not familiar with them.

Sucks that I gave this information in <ongoing game>...I've played in Tabletop Simulator, which is essencially quick mafia: days are minutes and the game ends in an hour because maximum players are 10.

Basically everyone is scummy, no town reads for anyone.  That can't be right, right?

Worst case scenario there's 6 scum, which is a lot. We know there's at least 4, you mentioned 4 people, so that seems to work out, yes. But replace me with yourself, of course...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2019, 09:07:22 am »

I had a posted VLA up till two hours ago. I'm literally only just coming into the game now.. politeness dictates I should say hi to the new players and do introductory stuff before jumping in with analyses. I haven't even configured the vote counter for this game yet.

Also, when do I manage to scrape together enough solid info to do any real analysis D1? I'm a D3+ player :-)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2019, 09:22:20 am »

Just dropping in to say hi. Will hopefully catch up tomorrow.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2019, 09:30:11 am »

But I used the Internet when Internet Relay Chat was a thing. I like being old...more money means better drinks.

IRC is a thing.

Really? Still? It literally feels like that was a million years ago.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2019, 09:46:24 am »

By way of introduction. This is my 6th game...2 newbie games, two RMM, and one guillotine game, but before that I’d never even heard of mafia.. I’m a she or they, I’m an hour behind forum time, I get up early and go to bed early, I’m generally WCD or Didds, and I’m prone to fluffy chatting and newb mistakes...I’m working on correcting one of those.

I’ve never played with MiX, Raerae, shraeye, chicken, or Jimmm. Eddie’s first game was my first game so I was there with faust, UoS, and LL when he went from Uncle to Eddie.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2019, 09:54:44 am »

My meta is I’m useless at setup stuff and just kind of hate day 1 in general.

Does anyone like Day 1?

Do you? Answer honestly please.

I usually hate it. There’s nothing worthwhile to analyze but you still need to find someone to lynch. The game gets much more interesting to me when there’s something real to analyze- by which I mean flips and eventually maybe claims, investigative results, that sort of thing.

I think it’s important everyone contribute to day one because you need time to develop reads on people and things people say while awkwardly trying to find something to talk about can be useful later on when given context by concrete information.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2019, 10:18:16 am »

PPE 1: Because I have an uncanny ability to see the future; with this, I can predict that e won't flip his townread, and I expect to strenghten mine as well. I might be reading too much into this, being early D1 and all, but I use all information we have available.
Wait, what does this mean?
Easy, he's got precognition.  You can google that for more info if you want.

And we can add Joth to that pool too!

Speaking of chicken, where are they?
Maybe they're......chicken  8)

politeness dictates...
politeness schmoliteness

I’m prone to fluffy chatting and newb mistakes...I’m working on correcting one of those.
Ooh, which one?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2019, 10:20:01 am »

Happy?
Yeah, actually very happy.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2019, 10:20:51 am »

Anyway, care to guess why I voted for faust?
Nope, not at all

Robz is a great D1 lynch, but also a useful player later in the game, so it's a toss up there.

Every mcmc post has felt like a good post, which means he's scum.

You know what's a bad idea?  Basing reads on oversimplifications of metas.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2019, 11:27:52 am »

IRC is a thing.

Really? Still? It literally feels like that was a million years ago.

I used it this year, and I also frequent a Discord server which uses Discord bots and IRC bots to sync with IRC because a lot of people prefer to use IRC instead of Discord.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2019, 01:31:17 pm »

I love Day 1. It's the best day.

And I know faust agrees with me, which is a big part of why I'm voting him. No, I did not miss the unvote.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2019, 01:32:06 pm »

The biggest reason for Day 1s to be useless is when a majority of the town is convinced Day 1s are useless and self-fulfilling-prophecy themselves into not getting any good reads out of it.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2019, 01:32:51 pm »

I'm on IRC right now.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2019, 02:41:28 pm »

Let's quicklynch someone so we can get to Day 2. Who's up?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.