Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377496 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Keep in mind, Sk also has a dedicated miller which mitigates the effectiveness of the dedicated cop a bit. But actually thinking about it, maybe full bulletproof is the solution. It’s also somewhat flavorful, since changeligs are quite hard to kill.
It doesn't mitigate it quite as much when you consider that the SK cannot actually claim that role without being counterclaimed. I'd really want to give them something to avoid being exposed, because that is really really unfun. Maybe X-shot Commuter or something along those lines. Though in that case "No result" may still out them. Having an SK Cop just seems like a pretty bad idea, I'm not sure it can work.

Hmmm. The heart of the setup really is the idea of three cops that each investigate a different faction, but only two of those factions are in the game. I think if I remove the SK cop it kind of kills the whole thing.

I'm not sure I agree with you. I mean, yes, if I'm the SK and I get SK-copped it really sucks. But it's not like that's a random event I have no control over. The SK needs to play in such a way that the cop doesn't target them, or they need to figure out who the cop is and kill them before they catch them. It's hard, but it's not impossible. And the first night, if they're bulletproof, they have a 1/17 chance of being investigated-- pretty good odds.

The other thing I could do is add more roles to the pool and have some roles not in the game. That makes fakeclaiming a little more possible. I would probably auto-include the main cops, but I could definitely put Odo on the rotating in and out list.

Also, other folks feel free to weigh in. I'm very open to feedback before the game starts, that's the beauty of an open setup.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

What if you give the SK 1 or 2 shots of active investigation immunity? They have to choose which night to use it,but if they choose right they get cleared?

Also yeah you're gonna need some more fake claims.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Part of the whole point of the setup is to make fakeclaims not a thing. Since anyone can have any role, you can always just claim. I like the X-shot immunity idea, though that kind of makes Bashir pretty weak, since he can't even for sure rule people out.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Ooh there's actually another big problem with the Miller thing in an open setup. If someone gets investigated as SK and claims Odo, the next question is who have you investigated (and what did you find) and then they're basically sunk. So that's actually sort of a big problem.

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

So...if I don't read the setup at all....would you say that's a disadvantage? advantage?  vantage?

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile

/out
I'm actually gonna be kinda busy during the time this game should take place. If my schedule clears up I'll be in again. If i'm gonna play mafia, i'm gonna give it my all and be super active.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile

I just played my first game of f.ds mafia. I cannot stop.

/in

I've never felt more alive.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Ironic.

After much consideration, I’ve made the following changes: the changeling (SK) will gain full bulletproof and full strongman, neither of which will show up on odo’s Investigation.

Dr. Bashir becomes an even-night SK cop but gains 1-shot doc.

I believe these changes should help give the serial killer a fighting chance, though it is still, as always, a challenging role to draw.

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile

I just played my first game of f.ds mafia. I cannot stop.

/in

One..of..us..one..of..us..
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

Should I play?  I survived for a fairly long time in the first iteration — don’t recall my role but I was town.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile

Should I play?  I survived for a fairly long time in the first iteration — don’t recall my role but I was town.

Do eeeetttttt

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

According to my notes, you were Worf! I'm sure you played with honor.

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

ooh, dibs on Worf!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile

It's about time to /in.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

Agreed. /in
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

/in
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

/in
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

We just need 4 more! (and for faust's game to end but I don't think we're too far off). Maybe we could get a Galzria? Or a raerae? Or someone's roommate/spouse/drinking buddy?

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama

/in
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile

Every time I see this thread, the DS9 soundtrack gets stuck in my head all over again.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems

Trying to talk roommate into this. He's American but works the graveyard shift so he'd be online at the same time as the Europeans.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile

I have typed a reply here somewhere around six times, I have no idea how feasible it is to be in two games at once for me...

F/ine.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

I have typed a reply here somewhere around six times, I have no idea how feasible it is to be in two games at once for me...

F/ine.

You never know until you try?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

So it seems like everyone does individual QTs these days. Has private messaging for roles just fallen out of favor?

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

So it seems like everyone does individual QTs these days. Has private messaging for roles just fallen out of favor?

Yeah, it has. I think it is a lot easier to manage as a mod than getting a million PMs. And some people like to write their thoughts down somewhere other than in the thread (so scummy, I know).
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.