Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 377735 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)
« Reply #3025 on: April 10, 2019, 11:15:05 am »

I’m also super stoked that there were so many non-dudes playing. Between this set up, more non-men playing, and the gender pronouns in Ancillary Justice, the community feels both progressive and hospitable. All of the folks who have been working to make that the case, I appreciate you.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: April 10, 2019, 11:15:39 am »

One more thing: I am taking a bit of a break, but my next role madness game is going to be based on "A Series of Unfortunate Events" and it's going to be a closed setup with a lot of fun, interesting, experimental roles. Based more on the Netflix show than the books, sorry purists. Glooble is going to co-develop and co-mod.

/in

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 10, 2019, 11:17:15 am »

One more thing: I am taking a bit of a break, but my next role madness game is going to be based on "A Series of Unfortunate Events" and it's going to be a closed setup with a lot of fun, interesting, experimental roles. Based more on the Netflix show than the books, sorry purists. Glooble is going to co-develop and co-mod.

/IN

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 10, 2019, 11:18:19 am »

I approve of this ending and Ash getting MVP, he fooled me like a pro.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 6)
« Reply #3029 on: April 10, 2019, 11:41:21 am »

I'm not sure if MVP has to be from the winning team. If so, ashersky it is. He did play very well. If not, I would give MVP to MiX. He played incredibly well, and I think he could have won this setup even without the full BP or the SK cop debuff.
Doesn't have to be, but I think MiX brought about his own demise with his NK choice and therefore I would find it a bit strange if he got MVP. I agree that he played well up until that point though.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: April 10, 2019, 11:46:30 am »

I'm not sure if MVP has to be from the winning team. If so, ashersky it is. He did play very well. If not, I would give MVP to MiX. He played incredibly well, and I think he could have won this setup even without the full BP or the SK cop debuff.
Doesn't have to be, but I think MiX brought about his own demise with his NK choice and therefore I would find it a bit strange if he got MVP. I agree that he played well up until that point though.

No way I would win LyLo with Didds and raerae alive. Completely impossible. Also, even if we lynched Space, raerae would commute (she wasn't getting lynched). Overall I increased my chances by shooting raerae.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: April 10, 2019, 12:05:28 pm »

No way I would win LyLo with Didds and raerae alive. Completely impossible. Also, even if we lynched Space, raerae would commute (she wasn't getting lynched). Overall I increased my chances by shooting raerae.

You keep assuming I didn't use my commute.  Why do you think that?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: April 10, 2019, 12:13:44 pm »

Well your decision was to either shoot Maquis and prevent a Maquis win or town and prevent a town win. You chose to prevent a town win, no wonder town decided to give the win to Maquis after that.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: April 10, 2019, 12:30:18 pm »

Oh, interesting...so MiX was the kingmaker?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: April 10, 2019, 01:47:05 pm »

Well your decision was to either shoot Maquis and prevent a Maquis win or town and prevent a town win. You chose to prevent a town win, no wonder town decided to give the win to Maquis after that.
Think about it from my perspective: I would never had won, ever, if I killed ash. Killing town enabled a kingmaking decision which was better than certain death. I completely underestimated town's hatred of me and my play, however: in hindsight, I suppose I had already lost. Regardless, if I was thinking about kingmaking, then I would've done the same, MQ played better than town in my opinion.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: April 10, 2019, 02:06:55 pm »

It probably would never in a million years have worked, but town's best play on Day 6 was for Space to counterclaim WCD convincingly or for WCD to admit to being Kai Winn. If they had managed to convince ash to shoot WCD, because of deathproof and/or double vote, town could win Day 7. So even at the end when ash said town had no path to victory, there was at least a Hail Mary that could have been attempted.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: April 10, 2019, 02:08:26 pm »

Think about it from my perspective: I would never had won, ever, if I killed ash. Killing town enabled a kingmaking decision which was better than certain death. I completely underestimated town's hatred of me and my play, however: in hindsight, I suppose I had already lost. Regardless, if I was thinking about kingmaking, then I would've done the same, MQ played better than town in my opinion.

You aren't wrong but you have to know your audience.  Your appeal to Space and Didds was "I deserve this win."  That argument was NEVER going to win those two over.  Had you come at it more analytically like, "Look how long I survived under so much suspicion, this is why I killed this person and that person, I made this play because..." you might have had a better shot.  But all game people have been telling you tone it down and you came in and said you deserved something, that was never going to swing your way.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 6)
« Reply #3037 on: April 10, 2019, 02:12:18 pm »

Yep, I’m LVP, for sure. Le sigh...

Idk, I think Robz gives you a run for your money. Who gets lynched Day 1 as IC? :P

Well, I'm going to defend my play. If I was certain I was going to be lynched, I would have claimed, but at my last check in, it was far from clear. And to my mind the risk is worth it—I'm a long surviving player, usually, who is eventually viewed as highly suspicious, so having the ability to confirm myself as one of the remaining townies late game can be a huge advantage. I would sooner take a risk that would be awesome for town if it worked out, then do the safe thing that wastes my power and likely gets me nightkilled quick. I also just really didn't think I would get lynched. And I'm very, very, very, very, very, very, very against this trend of waiting until the absolute last minute to lynch or even L-1 anybody on Day 1, better to do it earlier and get a claim or two, so if I can in my small party discourage doing that in the future is was well worth it!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: April 10, 2019, 02:23:06 pm »

It probably would never in a million years have worked, but town's best play on Day 6 was for Space to counterclaim WCD convincingly or for WCD to admit to being Kai Winn. If they had managed to convince ash to shoot WCD, because of deathproof and/or double vote, town could win Day 7. So even at the end when ash said town had no path to victory, there was at least a Hail Mary that could have been attempted.

No one would believe it, Didds is too honest to a fault.

You aren't wrong but you have to know your audience.  Your appeal to Space and Didds was "I deserve this win."  That argument was NEVER going to win those two over.  Had you come at it more analytically like, "Look how long I survived under so much suspicion, this is why I killed this person and that person, I made this play because..." you might have had a better shot.  But all game people have been telling you tone it down and you came in and said you deserved something, that was never going to swing your way.

Hindsight 20/20. I can't counter 5 days of what I did into 1 day of saying "look how good I am", Didds would never, ever buy it and I hurt Space personally twice. So, no, I refuse to believe this was possible.

Yep, I’m LVP, for sure. Le sigh...

Idk, I think Robz gives you a run for your money. Who gets lynched Day 1 as IC? :P

Well, I'm going to defend my play. If I was certain I was going to be lynched, I would have claimed, but at my last check in, it was far from clear. And to my mind the risk is worth it—I'm a long surviving player, usually, who is eventually viewed as highly suspicious, so having the ability to confirm myself as one of the remaining townies late game can be a huge advantage. I would sooner take a risk that would be awesome for town if it worked out, then do the safe thing that wastes my power and likely gets me nightkilled quick. I also just really didn't think I would get lynched. And I'm very, very, very, very, very, very, very against this trend of waiting until the absolute last minute to lynch or even L-1 anybody on Day 1, better to do it earlier and get a claim or two, so if I can in my small party discourage doing that in the future is was well worth it!

Did you read D2? If so, check my big VCA: from the moment Swan/Awaclus voted, you were dead. Were you online after that? You should've claimed then, the odds the lynch would go on someone else was incredibly low. Also, if you did use IC, chances are LL would get lynched, which would be worse. So...it wasn't that bad.

Or I'm wrong. Doesn't matter much now.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: April 10, 2019, 02:29:30 pm »

Hindsight 20/20. I can't counter 5 days of what I did into 1 day of saying "look how good I am", Didds would never, ever buy it and I hurt Space personally twice. So, no, I refuse to believe this was possible.

You'd be surprised how forgiving people can be when you admit you're wrong and show you've changed.  But, you're right, they probably would have seen through that.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: April 10, 2019, 02:31:35 pm »

Well, I personally think MiX deserves the MVP. Being the loser in a king-making scenario is rough, and he played well enough to be a winner as Joth said.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: April 10, 2019, 02:34:04 pm »

You'd be surprised how forgiving people can be when you admit you're wrong and show you've changed.  But, you're right, they probably would have seen through that.

I would be lying if I told town that. So...yeah. I need to show that I've changed, not say it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: April 10, 2019, 02:39:03 pm »

MiX, I think you are so, so smart. I hope that you can see that playing with more kindness, less ordering people around, and less certainty about unknowns will serve your purposes better in the long term. There’s some good reasons to go into games with an accumulation of goodwill.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: April 10, 2019, 02:40:44 pm »

Ultimately, I think the idea that if it’s in the game or it serves the purposes of the game, then it will just be forgiven is false. We all understand the game, but the people are real.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: April 10, 2019, 02:50:55 pm »

Ultimately, I think the idea that if it’s in the game or it serves the purposes of the game, then it will just be forgiven is false. We all understand the game, but the people are real.

On the other hand, I believe that's why this is a game: everyone's playing to win according to what they drew, which means their behaviour shouldn't be held accountable unless for the purposes of a future game. These differences are something I should really change for this format.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: April 10, 2019, 02:53:06 pm »

On the other hand, I believe that's why this is a game: everyone's playing to win according to what they drew, which means their behaviour shouldn't be held accountable unless for the purposes of a future game. These differences are something I should really change for this format.

From my prospective this site is community first, game second. 

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: April 10, 2019, 03:02:22 pm »

Joth and Glooble, the flavor was GREAT. I  haven't watched DS9 for a long time. I felt right back on the Space Station. Thanks for the game!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: April 10, 2019, 03:42:04 pm »

Joth and Glooble, the flavor was GREAT. I  haven't watched DS9 for a long time. I felt right back on the Space Station. Thanks for the game!

I've had the DS9 theme tune, and my favourite track from the first DS9 CD, in my head since the game started :-)

Thank you, Joth & Glooble!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: April 10, 2019, 03:42:23 pm »

From my prospective this site is community first, game second.

Yes, absolutely!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: April 10, 2019, 03:48:44 pm »

Well, I personally think MiX deserves the MVP. Being the loser in a king-making scenario is rough, and he played well enough to be a winner as Joth said.

I would be sad to see the f.ds community legitimising the kind of behaviour that made multiple other players consider /outing by awarding the aggressor an MVP. Especially when the aggressor is still insisting that behaviour shouldn't be held accountable.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 19 queries.