Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

What does it mean?

(1/4) > >>

AdamH:
CLICK HERE TO GIVE YOUR ANSWERS

I've heard a lot of terms used when people talk about Dominion (or even other games similar to Dominion). I'm not necessarily trying to pin down an "accepted" or "popular" definition for any of these, but I would like to at least gauge what people mean when they're saying certain things.
So in your own words, what do these things mean to you? Respond however you like.

I will probably publish the results of this at some point, even if it's just the raw data. If there are any interesting trends or ideas I may highlight those as well.

Thanks for answering!

(If you would like to discuss it here I'll try to take the coherent thoughts from here and include them in the data)

The three questions from the form are:

What does "swingy" mean in Dominion?

What does "cycling" mean in Dominion?

What makes a card/event/project/etc. "good" or "strong" in Dominion?

Commodore Chuckles:
It least you're not asking what a "Village" is...

Seprix:
If someone has a different idea as to what cycling is for some reason, is the inevitable article going to conclude that nobody knows what anything is, and thusly defining anything is meaningless? Because that is what happened last time with "engine" and I expect the definition for cycling to be so much more unified.

AdamH:
Regardless of whether or not there's anything in the data that I feel like I want to post about, I'll be making the raw data available after it's collected. If you want to come to your own conclusions about it you are free to do so.

Regardless, some discussions I had with people regarding the results of the "what is an engine?" poll were pretty enlightening which is the kind of thing I'd really want to take away from looking at this data. I'd be surprised if something came from every single question but hey that's why I'm asking a few. You are free to respond however you want or not respond at all.

DG:
One cycle is pretty much equivalent to one play through a deck, shuffle to shuffle. Cycling faster is using less turns to do that cycle. If there's a key card in your deck then a cycle could be between plays of that key card, but for me a scavenger discarding a deck is cycling, a scavenger putting a key card onto the draw deck is some other sort of control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version