Dominion > Rules Questions

Caravan Guard - Reaction and +1 Action Timing

(1/5) > >>

DooWopDJ:
I would like to confirm to rules question about Caravan Guard
1.  If Caravan Guard is 'In Play' (as a Duration) and another player plays an Attack card, the Caravan Guard cannot 'React' because it cannot you cannot 'play it from your hand'.
My guess is you do not get the Reaction portion of the card

2. If I play the Caravan Guard as a Reaction I am get the "+1 Action' portion of the card when my next turn happens?
My guess I would have "+2 Actions" (my original "+1 Action" (from the ABC) and the "+1 Action from the Caravan Guard being put into play from my playing it as a Reaction.

Donald X.:

1) You cannot play Caravan Guard from your hand if it isn't in your hand.

2) If you play it via the Reaction ability, you get the +1 Action right then, when you play it in response to someone's attack, and not any later. Later you get nothing. He repeated. That +1 Action is thus normally useless.

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: Donald X. on January 16, 2019, 10:46:07 pm ---That +1 Action is thus normally useless.

--- End quote ---

>normally
Is there an edge case where it matters?

chipperMDW:
The card actually says +1 Action has no effect if it's not your turn. If that's true, you don't even get the normally useless action.

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: Awaclus on January 16, 2019, 10:56:27 pm --->normally
Is there an edge case where it matters?

--- End quote ---
I don't think anything lets you get value from +1 Action when it's not your turn. If you put Training on Caravan Guard, the +$1 when it's not your turn can cancel out a -$1 token from Bridge Troll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version