Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Innovation wording  (Read 775 times)

Dwhit

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Innovation wording
« on: January 16, 2019, 03:06:29 pm »
+1

The first time you gain an action card in each of your turns, you may set it aside. If you do, play it.

My question is why do you set it aside first, and what does this change? Or how does setting it aside first make it play differently?

Is it just so you can't play tricks like gain an action play it (innovation) reveal trader to gain silver instead or watchtower to trash it?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Innovation wording
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:14:07 pm »
+3

The first time you gain an action card in each of your turns, you may set it aside. If you do, play it.

My question is why do you set it aside first, and what does this change? Or how does setting it aside first make it play differently?

Is it just so you can't play tricks like gain an action play it (innovation) reveal trader to gain silver instead or watchtower to trash it?

It affects things like Watchtower, Royal Seal, and Travelling Fair.

Without that wording, you could gain a card, put it onto your deck, and play it. It would stay on your deck because of lose-track, but still get played. This would cause tracking issues, as well as some confusion about lose track, and make it stronger.

Note that it wouldn't affect Trader at all; with Trader you never end up gaining the card, so Innovation would never happen.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.