Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Shitty Rules Questions  (Read 10170 times)

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
Re: Shitty Rules Questions
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 07:37:22 pm »
+7

If I donate my Dominion sets to someone else, do I owe RGG $8?

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 08:11:40 pm »
+5

Bughouse Dominion: two games side by side, the Supply for each is the Trash for the other.

MatthewCA

• Thief
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 10:54:12 pm »
+3

If I play Possession, but I'm already possessed by a real spirit, do I regain control of my body for the duration of the Possession turn?

If you're actually possessed by a real spirit, then you didn't play Posession, the spirit did. So the player to the spirits' (and your) left takes a turn where the spirit makes all the decisions.
But that suggests that possession is different to Possession, where the latter has it that the possessed player is the one playing their turn. Does this need an official ruling?

Needs an official ruling for sure. It's not like a 3 card combo that will never come up in a game. We are talking about something as simple as a card and a paranormal phenomenon that completely breaks the game.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2019, 03:00:13 am »

There's one province, I do a megaturn and I buy Mandarin and now the top of my deck is Counterfeit-Copper-Copper-Copper-Silver, followed by a subsequent hand of Gold x4 and a Silver.  I dump acid on my face before ending my buy phase, then draw my next hand, using memory to know perfectly well which of my cards is which.  When my opponent plays Possession, he does not get to look at any of my cards, right, he has to guess which order to play them in.

Don't tell me it's "game information" or some such, next you'll tell me he can ask whether the top of the deck is 4 golds and a silver and you'll say I have to tell him that, that's also game information I might have, but not physically see!

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 10:01:15 am »

Actually, even what happens if the Possessed player closes their eyes is a discrepancy between the card text and the clarification in the rulebook!

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »

There's one province, I do a megaturn and I buy Mandarin and now the top of my deck is Counterfeit-Copper-Copper-Copper-Silver, followed by a subsequent hand of Gold x4 and a Silver.  I dump acid on my face before ending my buy phase, then draw my next hand, using memory to know perfectly well which of my cards is which.  When my opponent plays Possession, he does not get to look at any of my cards, right, he has to guess which order to play them in.

Don't tell me it's "game information" or some such, next you'll tell me he can ask whether the top of the deck is 4 golds and a silver and you'll say I have to tell him that, that's also game information I might have, but not physically see!

Dude, you don't have to dump acid on your face. It's OK for the power to go out and cut off the lights.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 01:59:22 pm »
+2

Where do I hold my cards if I don't have any hands?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Marcory

• Minion
  • Respect: +1203
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2019, 02:09:39 pm »
+2

In a 2p game, if the players are married to each other and live in a jurisdiction with community property, how can a hand/deck/discard pile belong to only one of the players?  (I guess this would also be true under a fully Marxist state).

MatthewCA

• Thief
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2019, 10:39:51 pm »
+4

If I'm playing with the Empires expansion against the 45th president of the United States, and he wants the Wall landmark, but I don't, is he allowed to shut down Dominion for 5 weeks?

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2019, 11:51:15 pm »

Sadly Dominion's rules are superseded by both local laws and laws of nature. Otherwise I would long ago have made "For the rest of this turn, there is no entropy" and then wandered off into the world of dreams.
You should pitch to Blizzard an idea for a "World Of Dominion" game.  Couldn't hurt :p :)  8) No more silly IRL rules if that were to be greenlit!
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 01:58:10 am »
+5

The suggested age range for Empires is only 14+. Do players under the age of 18 need parental consent to buy Wedding?

GreyEK

• Steward
  • Shuffle iT Username: GreyEK
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2019, 01:57:50 pm »
+8

Is there anything special I should do when shuffling my City Quarters so that I can't tell the difference between them and full-size Cities?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 12:24:29 am »
+5

Is there anything special I should do when shuffling my City Quarters so that I can't tell the difference between them and full-size Cities?

Yes. Turn them over so that their backs are face up.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.