Miscellaneous > Forum Games

How much can you screw with the rules of Mafia before it’s no longer Mafia?

(1/5) > >>

jotheonah:
I’ve been brewing around some new RM games in my head, and one of them got to the point where I wasn’t sure it was mafia anymore, so I thought I’d throw it out to the group.

1. If Mafia doesn’t have a traditional NK, is it mafia?
2. If town’s wincon isn’t “kill all mafia” is it mafia?

I’m pretty sure that it’s definitely not mafia of you take away the town’s vote. Are there any other changes that would make a game definitely not mafia?

More info on Q1: Night actions are a MiniGames where scum makes meaningful choices that most likely result in a town member dying.

More info on Q2: There’s a group of VIP townies of which at least one has to live for town to win.

faust:
We definitely have run setups as RMM that violated 1 (RMM42, RMM37, possibly some of the Dune games IIRC) and 2 (RMM21) each. I would say all of them were still mafia.

faust:
Games without nights are something that I would say are on the verge of not-mafia.

jotheonah:

--- Quote from: faust on January 16, 2019, 08:25:55 am ---We definitely have run setups as RMM that violated 1 (RMM42, RMM37, possibly some of the Dune games IIRC) and 2 (RMM21) each. I would say all of them were still mafia.

--- End quote ---

In one of my first role madness games, one scum team didn't have a nightkill at all. But I seem to recall they were not happy about it when the game was through (even though they almost won)

jotheonah:
How about this: Scum has a nightkill, but no QT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version