Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Dominion Coaching Series

(1/2) > >>

Seprix:
Hey, I'm going to be working on a Dominion Coaching Series on the Dominion League YouTube channel. I would like both some volunteers, and suggestions as to what you would like to see in such a show. I might record a pilot episode soon with someone, and then edit it, and then from there see what is working and what isn't.

markus:
Have you found a coach yet?

Screwyioux:
Hey here's a game I lost a couple of months ago that I'd be happy to get some feedback on! Feel free to do a coaching vid on it!

I thought at the time that Minion luck decided it, but that's a scrub excuse and I damn well know it:

arishipshape:
I not only suck at dominion, but already make dominion videos! I volunteer for anything I might do to be of service! Play games, lose games, give publicity, whatever.

-Stef-:

--- Quote from: Screwyioux on January 16, 2019, 11:18:03 am ---Hey here's a game I lost a couple of months ago that I'd be happy to get some feedback on! Feel free to do a coaching vid on it!

--- End quote ---

I don't really make videos but I do enjoy watching them and here are some comments.

Turn 1&2: I like your opening buys more then his, by a lot.
Turn 3: I like your reasoning about the Defiled Shrine points by your opponent.
Turn 4: you claim your peasant is helped by his Enchantress, but it really isn't. Without the Enchantress you'd have the Soldier in your draw pile right away, and now you're wasting a turn. It's not something you can really fix though; not playing the magpie on turn 3 to prevent this feels bad and could also backfire horribly.
Turn 5: getting magpie over minion -> Minions is what its all about here. It's the only card that can really shine before the +actions of Disciple and/or Teacher start working. Also taking a magpie "because you want to win the split" is not a good reason.
Turn 6: You say you want a Develop because trashing estates and gaining $3 cards is good. True, but here these $3 cards are kind of bad, given the lack of +actions. It's relatively rare, but here I'd certainly take Trade Route over Develop. Given how important Minions are here Silver is a serious consideration too though. At this point your deck can't really sustain another terminal.
Turn 7: another terminal - not good. Either get Silver or nothing.
opponents turn 8 - you discard copper over estate. I wouldn't, but it's close - fine with me.
Turn 8: You buy yet another terminal. Starting to get really bad.
Turn 9: And another terminal, horrible.
Turn 10, start of turn: given that you have way too many terminals, you should certainly use the opponents Enchantress to play the terminal in your hand.
Turn 10, later that turn: Your last magpie play means you'll have to go through a shuffle without any of your disciples. That play sets you back ~1.5 turns.
Turn 10: I do like you're buying nothing
Turn 11: close call between double develop and double enchantress, both fine with me
opponents turn 12: you discard magpie over estate. It looks like a conscious decision but I don't get it.
opponent on turn 13: He should put +actions on minion, not +coins.

Your post game analysis: this wasn't so much about the attacks, as it was about the balance between +actions and terminals. You end with a relatively small deck with 1 card that can make +actions and 8 that need it. Getting so many terminals caused you to almost never hit the big coins needed for Minion / double Minion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version