Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 294156 times)

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1200 on: February 07, 2019, 04:57:53 pm »

Real quick reads list before shraeye does his thing. I've put people in buckets but in no particular order. I've got some very disorganized buckets.

Townie:
shraeye
faust
silver
ari

Middlings:
EFHW
mail-mi
Eddie
Debate

Scummy:
DS
Joseph
Your buckets seem to not include MiX, may he rest in peace. I would personally put him in the "townie" bucket.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 07, 2019, 04:58:57 pm »

Real quick reads list before shraeye does his thing. I've put people in buckets but in no particular order. I've got some very disorganized buckets.

Townie:
shraeye
faust
silver
ari

Middlings:
EFHW
mail-mi
Eddie
Debate

Scummy:
DS
Joseph
Your buckets seem to not include MiX, may he rest in peace. I would personally put him in the "townie" bucket.

It doesn't include me or LL either. #whoops #lol #scumslip

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 07, 2019, 05:12:38 pm »

So I haven't really been following, but didn't ari make some big post near the end of day 1 why his (her) read was changing on MiX? I can see that as pushing a mislynch and is a good place for my (albeit unhelpful) vote here: vote: ari
Couldn't you look it up first? He did the opposite.

Ah oops I misremembered unvote.

Ok so I should have some actual time tonight, finally. I'm gonna make sure I get to this.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 07, 2019, 05:40:05 pm »

Townie:
shraeye
faust
silver
ari

Middlings:
EFHW
mail-mi
Eddie
Debate

Scummy:
DS
Joseph
Interesting.
So you think both me and DS are scummy?
That's interesting. Because I think both you and DS are scummy
Based on the way this day has gone, DS more
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 07, 2019, 05:40:52 pm »

Vote: Datswan
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: February 07, 2019, 06:18:13 pm »

So faust is voting me because I didn't answer something quick enough, EFHW is voting me because I made a "weak case" (no case on me just that I made a weak case), Ari is voting me because MiX skum read me and LL at the end of Day 1 so that means I obviously must be skum (sarcasm), and Joseph because... they find me skummy.

I am confused as to how my wagon has formed so quickly, and without real reason that has merit to it. I guess I will have to go back and try to approach things from a different angle as clearly no one is interested in EFHW right now.

Vote: Ari

Primarily because I don't really have much of an option here, but also because they are the wagon that was running prior to the weak ass one that currently sits on me.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 07, 2019, 06:28:16 pm »

Townie:
shraeye
faust
silver
ari

Middlings:
EFHW
mail-mi
Eddie
Debate

Scummy:
DS
Joseph
Interesting.
So you think both me and DS are scummy?
That's interesting. Because I think both you and DS are scummy
Based on the way this day has gone, DS more

That's a lie. You found me scummy yesterday too. Don't say "based on how the day has gone" like you had a different opinion yesterday.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 07, 2019, 06:29:09 pm »

No, you made a terrible case. As in scummily misinterpreting events and trying to set up raerae as the next lynch.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: February 07, 2019, 07:00:36 pm »

No, you made a terrible case. As in scummily misinterpreting events and trying to set up raerae as the next lynch.

1) The legitimacy of a case is arguably the least important factor regarding reasons to lynch anyone in any game (but you knew that already).

2) There is nothing skummy about "misinterpreting events". I don't know what the answers are to the puzzle. I am trying to put the pieces together to the best of my ability with the information I have at this point in time. The opinions I come to at the end of this - create my case. Everyone on this site (and I assume in the world) is more often wrong than they are correct - that is how the game works (but you knew that already).

3) It does NOT make sense that you are arguing I am trying to set Rae up for the next lynch. I am trying to set them up for the next lynch...after what? The only two other people I mentioned were you and Ari. If either of you flip as Town... as my case is predicated on 2 of the 3 of you being skum... my case kind of goes out the window.

---- To spell it out - If I think it is skummy that EFHW/Ari voting patterns suggest that one of you could be partners with Rae... Then one of EFHW/Ari needs to be skum in order for me to pursue my case tomorrow - Not the other way around.

At the bare, bare minimum you could attempt to argue that if one of you were to be lynched and then flip town I could try to argue that "the other one and Rae must be skum together, since the third player was town". But again, you are aware that I (or pretty much anyone) would never push that idea as skum because.... well it is skummy af.

The other option is of course that one of the three of you are lynched and flip over as skum. In which case... well idk, I guess I stick with my gut, but at that point I probably don't wake up the next day anyways - so it doesn't really matter.

You have no case on me because there is no case on me. You are just either being lazy or you are being skummy. Obviously, my opinion is the latter - but on the off chance I am wrong, and that you are one of the more experienced players in this game - I invite you to try harder.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 07, 2019, 07:25:15 pm »

Let's pump those breaks and wait for shraeye, team, we don't need a lunch before he gets back.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: February 07, 2019, 07:35:43 pm »

hello, I am here for the next few minutes, at least. I will go reread a few pages and see if I can figure out what exactly is going on here.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: February 07, 2019, 08:00:41 pm »

1) The legitimacy of a case is arguably the least important factor regarding reasons to lynch anyone in any game (but you knew that already).
I don't know that already. I vote people for making scummy cases all the time. Not all bad cases, just the ones that ignore obvious things and play up meaningless things as scummy.

It's true you weren't setting up raerae's lynch as connected to mine. I guess it would be better described as the "alternative" lynch.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 07, 2019, 08:36:38 pm »

You have no case on me because there is no case on me. You are just either being lazy or you are being skummy. Obviously, my opinion is the latter - but on the off chance I am wrong, and that you are one of the more experienced players in this game - I invite you to try harder.
I'm not making a case on you. I'm reacting to your willingness to post a misleading case on me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 07, 2019, 08:57:48 pm »

This is not a case.  But I reread DatSwan. Here is what I noticed.

1. Day 1 he votes Dylan/mail-mi early and stays on almost all day. He questions raerae for her mail-mi vote and then leaves mail-mi to vote her, after she unvoted mail-mi for increased effort and after having spent the the first half of the day swearing by raerae's towniness. Never answers questions about what about the previous page and 1/2 led to the 180 on raerae. Doesn't come back. Day 2 acts like it is obvious to everyone that raerae is scummy.

2. Keeping things to himself. About Debatepro in particular at 341, and Eddie, silver and LL in that same post as well. Then doesn't answer the question about his raerae vote D1 and D2 again refuses to answer that question at 1162.

3. Is null on me until partway through Day 2, then suddenly thinks I'm scummy.

Make up your own minds. I don't know how many of these things are scummy. I can see a scum narrative for being mysterious with "reasons," like Galzria has done recently, but there isn't really a scum narrative for changing his opinions like he has. Or it's non-ideal scum play, at least.

One could argue that his case on me is non-ideal scum play as well, since it is so easily refuted on so many details. It's still anti-town at best.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: February 07, 2019, 08:59:29 pm »

Vote: Mail-me because (s)he thinks I am a "great person", which (s)he can't possibly know.

PPE: 1
FNG

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1215 on: February 07, 2019, 09:01:22 pm »

...and right after I posted that my mom called me in for dinner.

MiX (7): Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, mail-mi, LaLight, EFHW, Faust
EFHW (2): Uncleeurope, MiX
raerae (2): Joseph2302, DatSwan
mail-mi (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (1): Arishipshape

So here's the wagons with all the people I know are town. I don't think it's raerae, so I'm looking for at least 1 scum in {Debatepro, EFHW, faust}. I had a slight scumread on faust during my inital catch up, and I think I'm willing to go back to that. I have a paper to write tonight so I can't go do a detailed reread, but I am going to go read through day 2 again. I would be comfortable lynching/voting for all 3 of them, at this point.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: February 07, 2019, 09:04:25 pm »

Vote: Mail-me because (s)he thinks I am a "great person", which (s)he can't possibly know.

PPE: 1

...I hope this is a joke. Also I'm a he

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 07, 2019, 09:06:51 pm »

I don't think on/off wagon is a useful distinction for scumhunting today.

Agree; my loud-mouthness probably has ruined that distinction fairly well.  It was equally easy to agree or disagree with me for legitimate reasons; looking at people's individual reasoning would still be useful, but just saying "MiX was town, scum was on it" or "it looked like a dangerous position, scum was off it" doesn't really apply.
Both of these.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 07, 2019, 09:42:13 pm »

Vote: Mail-me because he thinks I am a "great person", which he can't possibly know.
...I hope this is a joke. Also I'm a he
I am not joking. 
FNG

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 07, 2019, 09:57:20 pm »

So faust is voting me because I didn't answer something quick enough, EFHW is voting me because I made a "weak case" (no case on me just that I made a weak case), Ari is voting me because MiX skum read me and LL at the end of Day 1 so that means I obviously must be skum (sarcasm), and Joseph because... they find me skummy.

I am confused as to how my wagon has formed so quickly, and without real reason that has merit to it. I guess I will have to go back and try to approach things from a different angle as clearly no one is interested in EFHW right now.

Vote: Ari

Primarily because I don't really have much of an option here, but also because they are the wagon that was running prior to the weak ass one that currently sits on me.

booooo.

I think that's L-1, so triple booooo!  Seriously, first person to unvote gets a popsicle.  No need to force any claims right now.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 07, 2019, 09:59:17 pm »

Right; mail-mi unvoted; missed that.  So popsicle for mail-mi.  But it was a double-pack...so....second one is up for grabs.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1221 on: February 07, 2019, 09:59:50 pm »

I am not ignoring this - I am also not answering it now. A lot has happened between now and then and I think it is best to wait before my reasons are known.

I'm pretty sure we're over this whole "I'm keeping my reads secret for reasons I'm definitely never going discuss later."

Can you just answer this now?  Being coy just isn't becoming of anybody this late in the day.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 07, 2019, 10:00:02 pm »

Right, and DebatePro moved his vote.......I'm running out of popsicles.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:59 pm »

Basically what we need right now is a vote count.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 07, 2019, 10:16:18 pm »

Basically what we need right now is a vote count.

You wanna unvote just for funzies?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100  All

Page created in 2.015 seconds with 20 queries.