Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 294882 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2019, 04:05:43 pm »

Why would I defend a scumbuddy's case on me if I have no reason to? Probably digging my grave with the question...

PPE

Because if he pegs scum early on it's a town pass for him for at minimum D2 so you'd basically be a martyr to further your team's goal.  I just think you didn't read closely enough and missed that he hadn't actually posted his case on you yet.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2019, 04:07:08 pm »

Oh, and there ARE meaningful cases on me: Debatepro's, ari's and even shraeye's if you look closer, so it's not "for no reason".

shraeye hasn't even posted his reason for voting for you,  Did you guys discuss this in your QT and you're jumping the gun??

Quoting the important part of my post: his case has a reason, he just hasn't said what it is...I think faust caught on to it, which is why I think it exists at all.

While I'm here...Debatepro, can you answer this?

Oh "the most scummiest thing I have ever read in all of the mafia games I've ever played" is just this one...funny. Was that intentional?

And I apologize, Uncle; I just like to say the truth, I'll be more careful next time...however, where has ari defended me? Actually curious.

When I initially voted for you and accused you about the buddying thing he defended you by suggesting that the situation hardly counted as proof, then he kind of did a 180 and agreed with me and voted for you, which is just confusing. But yeah, he did defend you early on.

PPE a lot: well since everyone is changing their vote: airship
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2019, 04:14:31 pm »

There's a lot of discussion but I'm not sure anyone is scummy. No good cases so far.

I am, however, pretty sure that Debatepro is town, and arishipshape probably too. That's something.

But whhhhhyyyyy are they town?  How can you be sure?  Feel free to point me to post if I missed it but, frankly, I don't understand how you can be "pretty sure" of anything at this point.

The most towny thing are these two posts

arishpshape posts EXACTLY how I would post my first post in my first game, therefore he is town; regardless, I do believe giving newbies a D1 pass has become customary: by those I clearly mean myself, arishpshape and Debatepro.

Love silverspawn's response, disagree with the votes as I've said.

I've read some recent games, in those, I don't think I've seen shraeye nor raerae, so I consider them my biggest threats.

In that case, vote: shraeye , you look like a better person to get reactions from, for no reason whatsoever.

Please, though your logic comes to the correct conclusion that I am in fact town, it is completely flawed. First, the fact that I posted as you would post is completely irrelevant to my townhood. Second, if you are to spare me on the grounds that I am a "newbie", how am I to learn either strategy, nor the essence of the forum game known as mafia? If anyone here thinks I am worthy of lynching, spare me not. Regardless, any wagon on anyone besides me is beneficial to the town, from my perspective and knowledge. Therefore, vote: shraeye

You really post like me...I like your style! Besides, even without the newbie pass, I still consider you town, I believe scum would talk to their summates first, diminishing that "first post" feel when they do talk in public, at least for a new person.

I am blatantly buddying you aren't I? I should prepare myself for when you're scum...

My style is completely irrelevant to whether I am town. However, my "first post" feel actually does lend some credence to your reasoning. Keep in mind that I just unvoted you, and so you are likely to irrationally sympathize with me more than I might deserve. Whats buddying?

challenging someone else's townread and then doubling down. Particularly when I don't even think ariship was right about saying the townread was illegitimate. That's solidly more likely to come from new!town than new!scum. But his tone and attitude is quite towny, too.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2019, 04:16:24 pm »

It is towny for faust to go against his meta and raise eyebrows, and scum!faust knows this which is why he is likely to emulate it. At only one level of meta you're not likely to obtain significant information that distinguishes between scum!faust and town!faust

Am I then forced to acknowledge this faust as null? vote: Dylan, while you have time to answer me this:

Not necessarily, going after faust might not be bad, even if you're unlikely to find anything substantial.

ss, why are you voting for rae?

This post is the scummiest thing in this game so far. I now have a scumread!

Oh, and there ARE meaningful cases on me: Debatepro's, ari's and even shraeye's if you look closer, so it's not "for no reason".

shraeye hasn't even posted his reason for voting for you,  Did you guys discuss this in your QT and you're jumping the gun??

Quoting the important part of my post: his case has a reason, he just hasn't said what it is...I think faust caught on to it, which is why I think it exists at all.

While I'm here...Debatepro, can you answer this?

Oh "the most scummiest thing I have ever read in all of the mafia games I've ever played" is just this one...funny. Was that intentional?

And I apologize, Uncle; I just like to say the truth, I'll be more careful next time...however, where has ari defended me? Actually curious.

But you said if we looked closer we'd see it.  Vote: shraeye  I'm not convinced MiX is scum or town but shraeye has some explaining to do.  Also, he's dangerous as scum, exceedingly dangerous.  If shraeye flips scum, MiX is our next lynch.  MiX had no reason to defend shraeye's unstated case and yet he did so they're probably a team.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2019, 04:18:48 pm »

Legit.  Thanks for the quick response.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2019, 04:20:29 pm »

Scummy because I'm questioning somebody for believing a case that literally doesn't exist yet?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2019, 04:28:23 pm »

Thank you for your answers ss, I somehow reinforced my townread on ari, something I never knew was possible, town points for that, but how easy were they to gain? I'll ponder on this...

I like your case; not enough to vote, but enough to see faust's motivation, I'll continue on Dylan, wondering how you two (ss and faust) could be scum together.

Scummy because I'm questioning somebody for believing a case that literally doesn't exist yet?

I believe it's scummy for saying all those things in a row, you're essencially implicating two people from various angles while linking them together.

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2019, 04:46:01 pm »

Just a thought experiment. Mix is new but has played in another form... it wouldn't be "inconceivable" to orchestrate the buddying with a noob (arishpshape) ruse quickly, especially given the the way he played before was a much quicker format. They probably even have a name for this tactic, which I think should be called the Vizinni when town sniffs it out.

I feel like I skipped this.

I have never attempted to so such a thing: conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person, a better scum tactic is to seem like the voice of reason, which is what I usually do. However, this is a completely different medium: things change.

Maybe my weak theory isn't clear and given that clarity is my preeminent gift to the world i will break it down for you [Mocking.Self]. If you are running Vizinni con, you are both scum. If not, then perhaps it is only you.

Why do you call it the Vizinni con? WIFOM is a much better word from the same work of fiction.

I don't understand why you bolded that, care to elaborate?

It's the only part of the text i was replying to in my post, the rest was for context. Also you ask too many questions irrelevant to the discussion and are self-evident. Feels scummy... but what do i know.

FNG

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2019, 05:02:34 pm »

Just a thought experiment. Mix is new but has played in another form... it wouldn't be "inconceivable" to orchestrate the buddying with a noob (arishpshape) ruse quickly, especially given the the way he played before was a much quicker format. They probably even have a name for this tactic, which I think should be called the Vizinni when town sniffs it out.

I have never attempted to so such a thing: conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person, a better scum tactic is to seem like the voice of reason, which is what I usually do. However, this is a completely different medium: things change.

Maybe my weak theory isn't clear and given that clarity is my preeminent gift to the world i will break it down for you [Mocking.Self]. If you are running Vizinni con, you are both scum. If not, then perhaps it is only you.

Why do you call it the Vizinni con? WIFOM is a much better word from the same work of fiction.

It's the only part of the text i was replying to in my post, the rest was for context. Also you ask too many questions irrelevant to the discussion and are self-evident. Feels scummy... but what do i know.

I thought you were defending your "case" on me, the "case" being that I could very easily orchestrate this, given my experience; however, I said that, in the medium where I got said experience, that was not a good strategy (for the reasons I stated above). Now I think you weren't defending it at all...

1. Why are you voting for me? Is it still because of my "calculated" buddying? if so, what makes you think I "calculated" it?

2. What does "conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person" have to do with "If you are running Vizinni con, you are both scum. If not, then perhaps it is only you."

@ss, can you explain where you get your townread from Debatepro? I'm having a hard time seeing anything other than scum, but I'm trying to be impartial here, could just be OMGUS

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2019, 05:16:39 pm »

I thought you were defending your "case" on me, the "case" being that I could very easily orchestrate this, given my experience; however, I said that, in the medium where I got said experience, that was not a good strategy (for the reasons I stated above). Now I think you weren't defending it at all...

1. Why are you voting for me? Is it still because of my "calculated" buddying? if so, what makes you think I "calculated" it?

2. What does "conversations usually go too fast to buddy one specific person" have to do with "If you are running Vizinni con, you are both scum. If not, then perhaps it is only you."

I have given other reasons. First read is the Vizinni con second read is too many irrelevant posts and questions with obvious answers.

Quote from: mix
@ss, can you explain where you get your townread from Debatepro? I'm having a hard time seeing anything other than scum, but I'm trying to be impartial here, could just be OMGUS

So far airship defended MiX and MiX defended SS and it’s weird.
Hmmm.

FNG

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2019, 06:26:43 pm »

well, we have 4 relative newbies, two returned vets, that's quite a playerlist I would say
Am I being counted as a returned vet?
Because I'm so sporadically here
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2019, 06:28:24 pm »

Also we haven't clarified pronouns, it's now a thing to do that at the start of every mafia game. @ all new players: what's your preferred pronoun?
I prefer mine to me "they" as I don't believe in gender. But he is fine too

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2019, 06:30:27 pm »

Wait, what happened? I didn't vote! The day wasn't supposed to start until 5 and somebody is already lynched? I'm guessing they quit or something?

Seriously, what happened at the start of the game? Nobody explained this. Why was the innocent child lynched? Was it for the theme or something?

Flavour, the "IC" is the comod. Yes, it's confusing.

Vote: MiX

I guess you know the reason and it's better than I thought.
It's fine, we could have an actual IC later anyway

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2019, 06:32:35 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

MiX (5): Debatepro, arishipshape, shraeye, faust, Uncleeurope
arishipshape (2): raerae, EFHW
silverspawn (2): Joseph2302, LaLight
Dylan32 (2): DatSwan, MiX
faust (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (1): Dylan32

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 05:00:00 pm

I would indeed accept SS, ss, SILVERSPAWN, That Particular Swan, Dylane, and anything else that isn't ambiguous, it's in my rules.

I guarantee that Joth is not scum, no matter how scummy he may appear.

Would you accept SK as a valid abbreviation of my username? As I'm always the SK

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »

If the context of the vote made it clear that they were voting for you, I think I'd count it.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2019, 07:11:15 pm »

Ah, you're here! Got anything else to say other than those tidbits? There's a lot of stuff going on, feel free to say...something...about them.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2019, 10:52:57 pm »

Why would I defend a scumbuddy's case on me if I have no reason to? Probably digging my grave with the question...

PPE

This has been bugging me.  A better question is why would you defend ANYBODY'S case on you if you're town?  I don't understand why you would say, "Look, this guy total has a legit case, just look at it!" when he hadn't actually said anything.  We keep discussing this like shraeye has said ANYTHING but he hasn't done anything but vote for you and you're giving him some weird sort of cred for that. 

Again, for funzies, vote:shraeye.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2019, 11:05:07 pm »

Vote: MiX

Why? I'll give Joseph, faust, and UncleEurope each 1 guess.

I'm not interested in guessing, why don't you clue us all in?
Good thing I didn't ask you to guess :)

Okay, assuming you IRL survive that sass, why do you care about their opinions more than the rest of ours?

Why did you ask those 3 specific people? One's already voting for me anyway...

It was a great choice of 3 people; all of them have ignored the question so far... (one had less availability, but all three have said something since then)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2019, 11:15:32 pm »

I'm just saying this because I haven't spoken in a while. Anyways, here's my take of the situation. MiX gets my FOS because of the random buddying and the fact that he is quite chill with 5 votes on him. If I were in his position, I would be demanding explanations from each person voting on me. Perhaps that would be sub-optimal play, but I still think the complete lack of "what the heck guys" is a little objectionable.

I've heard everyone's explanations; I have no reason to fight back against their cases if not by pointing out that they're wrong, panicking does not help the town effort: after all, it's still early D1

Can you unvote me/explain why you're voting me? you gave me FoS for buddying, but is that enough for a vote?
Touche. Again, I am used to quick mafia where you could get hammered within seconds. Unvote. You keep my FOS for buddying, but I agree, insufficient for a vote.
It is not the ferocity of the beast of prey that requires a moral disguise but the herd animal with its profound mediocrity, timidity and boredom with itself.
I may agree with you here. If only I could be sure of what you are saying! I'd put it more moderately as well.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2019, 11:22:27 pm »

raerae sounds like classic town!raerae, though I think I remember her being able to do that regardless of alignment.

I got a fleeting scum vibe re: MiX. Sitting on it for now. Not worth jumping on the wagon.

vote: Dylan for pressure.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2019, 01:16:33 am »

Ok scincerly apologize for absence thus far. I am out of the work cluster i was in and will be catching up now and should be able to consistently be around.

Courtesy request of the new players - if you do not have a Shuffle IT username or some context text next to your name, would you please make some :) it makes it much easier on this forum to re read for all players.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2019, 01:28:11 am »

And so everyone can get a quick laugh at me - i just doesn’t the first 20 minutes of catchup time reading the role list attempting to figure out wtf happened to Joth... smh
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 26, 2019, 01:28:56 am »

PPE

This has been bugging me.  A better question is why would you defend ANYBODY'S case on you if you're town?  I don't understand why you would say, "Look, this guy total has a legit case, just look at it!" when he hadn't actually said anything.  We keep discussing this like shraeye has said ANYTHING but he hasn't done anything but vote for you and you're giving him some weird sort of cred for that. 

Again, for funzies, vote:shraeye.

Need a space on that vote
real good. That’s how

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 26, 2019, 01:33:56 am »

I've always thought the space thing was silly.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 26, 2019, 01:35:24 am »

Space after the colon to increase derphammers and fake hammers and vote miscounts I mean, I'm vote counting by hand anyway, so I'm taking a radically free approach to voting.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:37:00 am by UmbrageOfSnow »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.