Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 273383 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)
« Reply #2250 on: February 20, 2019, 02:35:36 am »

So frustrating.

I should have stuck to my conf!scum!UoS vote
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: February 20, 2019, 02:36:30 am »

And yeah, game could have ended at the mislynch
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 20, 2019, 02:38:43 am »

Like, just ugh.

But very good game. I really liked the double survivor that only wins with town thing. Well designed and I thought very balanced and good setup

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 20, 2019, 02:42:11 am »

joth had a window to redirect Awaclus's NK to UoS.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 20, 2019, 02:44:44 am »

Ah, interesting. Then yeah, had to go through the night.

I probably helped talking joth into believing we only had 1 scum left during twilight.

I should never have broken my unwritten rule of "never post anything in twilight as town or scum"

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: February 20, 2019, 02:54:12 am »

Like, I really don't get why space did not feel comfortable claiming they were the other anaander after mail-mi died.

Mail-mi confirmed that the other anaander was town. Therefore when Awaclus claims other anaander they are confirmed town. Except they were lying scum. I feel like a full claim from space right there wins the game

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 20, 2019, 02:55:02 am »

But I never should have lynched space.

Although it probably wouldn't have mattered since UoS could have lynched them for a likely win

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 20, 2019, 02:55:24 am »

Unless joth or WCD decided to unvote.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: February 20, 2019, 02:57:30 am »

Also, I think Awaclus is MVP here. If I get a vote

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 20, 2019, 02:58:21 am »

Also, I think Awaclus is MVP here. If I get a vote
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 20, 2019, 03:02:07 am »

Also, people should sign up for deep space http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=19459.0

I need another game to be scummy town with overconfident reads that make no one believe me.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2261 on: February 20, 2019, 03:19:54 am »

Thanks for the game, it was a fun one. The cultists were a pretty interesting mechanic, and I think the fact that there were two of them made the game pretty favored to scum. It could have been really bad for us if we had gotten copped by the Anaanders, but in this case it just helped us a little bit since xyrix got killed, and it could have helped a lot more if they had killed or recruited more town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: February 20, 2019, 03:33:35 am »

another game where I continue telling myself to think about fakeclaim beforehand and then don't and then get screwed up over it
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2263 on: February 20, 2019, 03:41:16 am »

Also UoS did a lot of stuff in the scum QT, especially when he first joined the game, which made me all fired up to try a little harder myself so even though he wasn't super present in the main thread later on, his contributions shouldn't be undervalued.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: February 20, 2019, 04:02:14 am »

Thanks for the game, it was a fun one. The cultists were a pretty interesting mechanic, and I think the fact that there were two of them made the game pretty favored to scum. It could have been really bad for us if we had gotten copped by the Anaanders, but in this case it just helped us a little bit since xyrix got killed, and it could have helped a lot more if they had killed or recruited more town.

So, I agree slightly, but also the cultists could only win with town. So that *should* have made space an IC after mail-mi was lynched. Which would have helped a lot. Like, I would have never switched off UoS on D4 and they might have been lynched instead of ashersky.

Who knows.

I do think having only two scum would have been favored for town though

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: February 20, 2019, 04:15:17 am »

Just read the speccy- nice call hypercube in /m11

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2266 on: February 20, 2019, 04:20:56 am »

FWIW on D2, my intention was not to save LaLight, it was to make myself look as towny as possible by doing the only thing I could think of that scum probably wouldn't do in the situation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2267 on: February 20, 2019, 04:36:38 am »

You mean the other way round? I wasn't an AI.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: February 20, 2019, 04:37:15 am »

You mean the other way round? I wasn't an AI.
Yes, sorry.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: February 20, 2019, 05:28:08 am »

Like, I really don't get why space did not feel comfortable claiming they were the other anaander after mail-mi died.

Mail-mi confirmed that the other anaander was town. Therefore when Awaclus claims other anaander they are confirmed town. Except they were lying scum. I feel like a full claim from space right there wins the game

I was really convinced that Joth was another Anaander, and I thought it was perfectly possible to have more than two, so it never seemed safe to claim.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: February 20, 2019, 05:30:29 am »

But I never should have lynched space.

Although it probably wouldn't have mattered since UoS could have lynched them for a likely win

You'd been super-suspicious of me for days, and I was townreading you until not long before your quicklynch show with Awaclus. If Awaclus hadn't RBd me N3 then you'd have had the full story in a recruiting QT.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: February 20, 2019, 05:34:13 am »

So, I agree slightly, but also the cultists could only win with town. So that *should* have made space an IC after mail-mi was lynched.

You keep saying that we could only win with town. That's not true: we could also win instead of town, by converting the last remaining townie before killing off the last red-flip player.

I even tried to make that clear in-thread sometime earlier in the game, because otherwise it would seem scummy if/when it did come out later that it was a possibility. I think Glooble agreed that it sounded possible but everyone else ignored it...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: February 20, 2019, 05:40:19 am »

Oh, hey. I just read the mod QT and discovered I was the intended N1 kill. That's unexpected even for me :-P

I'm looking forward to having time to read the scum QT later, but it looks too long to read from work..

faust, are you happy for players to post their own QTs now too?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: February 20, 2019, 05:48:57 am »

So, I agree slightly, but also the cultists could only win with town. So that *should* have made space an IC after mail-mi was lynched.

You keep saying that we could only win with town. That's not true: we could also win instead of town, by converting the last remaining townie before killing off the last red-flip player.

I even tried to make that clear in-thread sometime earlier in the game, because otherwise it would seem scummy if/when it did come out later that it was a possibility. I think Glooble agreed that it sounded possible but everyone else ignored it...

Ok, yeah. Better stated is that you couldn't win with scum.

I do wish that my recruitment had gone through

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: February 20, 2019, 05:54:21 am »

I was really convinced that Joth was another Anaander, and I thought it was perfectly possible to have more than two, so it never seemed safe to claim.
I was quite hilarious that both Anaanders were hard-tunneling different players to be the other Anaander, neither of which really was the other Anaander. You were betting on joth, mail-mi was sure it was e.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.