Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 272485 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #2125 on: February 17, 2019, 01:37:56 am »

Also, I don't think I am going to use my hated tonight.

1) we have a tracker still alive, they should get a result that really narrows the lynch pool for the 3v1 lylo (like, they can either catch scum or IC a player with their result)

2) if scum kill the tracker, then I am still alive and a mislynch tomorrow would allow me to apply hated to scum the final day allowing town to win in a 1v1 scenario
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 17, 2019, 01:54:19 am »

Ok! I have already fullclaimed to WCD in the QT yesterday, FYI.

I am Lt. Tisarwat.

Every night I can an ivnestigate a player to see if they are an AI.

Every night I can also choose between a Redirector role and a role that protects people from manipulative and blocking actions. Both only work on AIs.

N1 i investigated ash. Ash was not an AI. I redirected mail-mi’s actions to LaLight.
N2 I investigated mail-mi and got “No Result”. I redirected Awaclus to mail-mi.
N3 I investigated Glooble. Again, no result. I redirected WCD to e.
N4 I investigated Space. No result. I used the protective ability on WCD, who I then knew to be an AI.

So yeah. At this point I think I maybe the enabler was enabling my investigative ability which is why it hasn’t worked since n1.

Rationale of actions: N1 and 2 I was redirecting scumreads to other scumreads in the hopes of getting them to shoot their partners. Night 3 I wanted to direct WCD’s QT to someone universally read as townie (at the time anyway). Last night I figured I might as well try to protect her a little.

Wait, time out. I didn't have a qt with WCD on D4, which is what should have happened if joth actually redirected WCD's actions to me on N3
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: February 17, 2019, 02:05:19 am »

And joth, you had a qt with WCD on D4. How do you explain your redirection?

WCD, joth says he full claimed in the qt with you. What did he claim to do on N3 there?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: February 17, 2019, 02:24:55 am »

Still think we should lynch UoS, but I am much more suspicious of joth now.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: February 17, 2019, 02:36:55 am »

Vote Count 5.1

UmbrageOfSnow (1): 2.71828.....

Not Voting (5): SpaceAnemone, jotheonah, UmbrageOfSnow, Awaclus, WestCoastDidds

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Day 5 ends on February 22, 2019, 04:00:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: February 17, 2019, 08:25:09 am »

i am assuming I was roleblocked that night, as I reported at the time. That would also mesh with my lack of an investigative result.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: February 17, 2019, 08:25:57 am »

I guess Space is the most likely partner either way.

I’ve come to the same conclusion. I think we should lynch Space.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: February 17, 2019, 08:26:33 am »

Everything Joth has said about his role jibes with what he told me on D4 in the QT and in the thread.

Joth thinks that he was blocked on N3 because I was not redirected on D4 (my QT was with Joth, not e). I confirmed with faust that if I had been redirected my qt would have been with the player to whom I had been redirected.

This was the first thing we talked about when my QT with him opened. He told me that he thought he had eaten a Roleblock that night and perhaps the N2 as well. I told him that my result on him was “no result” which suggests that he had indeed been blocked. Then he explained his powers and the actions he had taken, and we figured out that since I am an AI,  if he had been successful I’d have been talking to e.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: February 17, 2019, 08:29:54 am »

I have been pretty sold on Space since I went back and reread my QT with her assuming she was scum and thinking through how that could have been true.

Here is my glitch, though.....it was e extensive set of posts about the scumminess of space that got me to do that. Which is awesome if e is town. But it’s devastating if scum is e and UoS.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2134 on: February 17, 2019, 08:33:39 am »

I was roleblocked last night for sure, and the night before possibly.

Scum has decided to mess with me a lot this game and I don't know why but I guess I should feel flattered.

Me reporting it at the time.

The other possibility is that I was one of the roles Haddock was (or wasn’t enabling). He flipped “Acgvie Enabler”.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: February 17, 2019, 08:34:46 am »

*Active

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: February 17, 2019, 08:39:44 am »

I’m actually feeling pretty darn sure the team is Space and UoS.

WCD, you said Snow came right out of the gate in the QT with his double target claim, right?

Think about it. Scum already knew you were a tracker. Snow knew what result you were going to get, and probably had a plan for if you targeted him.

Again that points to both scum being people we’re suspicious of, otherwise why not have the other one do the kill, knowing there’s a tracker?

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: February 17, 2019, 08:45:12 am »

I was temporarily confused about the claim to have redirected WCD too, especially since I've known she was an AI since D2.

The other confusing thing is that Awaclus claims to have RBd me that night, so we potentially have two RBs left active in the game if he is also to be believed.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: February 17, 2019, 08:47:07 am »

@Awaclus: what colour do you flip? I'm kind of disappointed that the mass-claim didn't actually make you claim anything verifiable at all.

Green.

So your wincon has nothing to do with having to ensure Mail-mi was dead, you can win with town even in the presence of another Anaander, and we only have three factions?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: February 17, 2019, 08:49:27 am »

One shot power that gives the target "an additional power," I don't know what it is.

Basically I'm a JOAT: Doc/Doc/Inventor

Has anyone ever seen a JOAT with two shots of one thing and one of another? I feel like in a game where many players are claiming multi-part roles, this would really have been described as two-shot doctor, one-shot inventor, and there's no need at all for the "JOAT" descriptor.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2140 on: February 17, 2019, 08:49:59 am »

@Awaclus: what colour do you flip? I'm kind of disappointed that the mass-claim didn't actually make you claim anything verifiable at all.

Green.

So your wincon has nothing to do with having to ensure Mail-mi was dead, you can win with town even in the presence of another Anaander, and we only have three factions?

Yes, yes, and I would assume so.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: February 17, 2019, 09:16:34 am »

WCD, you said Snow came right out of the gate in the QT with his double target claim, right?

Think about it. Scum already knew you were a tracker. Snow knew what result you were going to get, and probably had a plan for if you targeted him.

Again that points to both scum being people we’re suspicious of, otherwise why not have the other one do the kill, knowing there’s a tracker?

Yep, this is the point I have been mulling about UoS. It definitely makes for a good cover story, and he was all “you saw both my targets, right?”. I don’t know that I had said in the thread that I would only be able to see one, but maybe that is how tracker roles usually work (y’all know better than I on that) and regardless, my result on him was Glooble and Glooble died.

We still have no idea what “drugs” are and why they had been given to Glooble. Nothing else in the game has been that vague so I am suuuuuuper skeptical.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: February 17, 2019, 09:19:19 am »

I think you're implying that a space-UoS scumteam would already have known that WCD was a tracker. This is incorrect because WCD presented herself to me as a motion detector, as came out extensively in the thread when I realised she wasn't claiming motion detection results and got very suspicious of her. The only evidence I had for WCD being a tracker was the same as everyone else had in the thread, with WCD's claim about her role description being updated. So that doesn't actually imply any connection between me and scum!UoS, does it?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: February 17, 2019, 09:20:34 am »

Nothing else in the game has been that vague so I am suuuuuuper skeptical.

Did you read Awaclus's claim?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: February 17, 2019, 09:22:10 am »

More on UoS......I also have zero idea why he would have doctored Awaclus.

He said he was sure that I would be the NK, but doctored Awa? Does that make sense?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2145 on: February 17, 2019, 09:28:08 am »

More on UoS......I also have zero idea why he would have doctored Awaclus.

Because he said he would do that and hoped that Space could confirm it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: February 17, 2019, 09:29:07 am »

Nothing else in the game has been that vague so I am suuuuuuper skeptical.

Did you read Awaclus's claim?

Oh, I mean vague about what the power was, not the person being vague. Awaclus was vague about what he disclosed, but UoS very clearly stated that he gave Glooble drugs, but none of us seems to know what that was or what it could do, and the fact that UoS doesn’t know and didn’t ask seems weird to me. everyone else seems to have some sense of what they could do (even if in my case it took a long time to get there).

TL;DR what the f are “drugs” and why don’t we care that there isn’t an answer to that?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 17, 2019, 11:34:41 am »

Well, UoS claims that they don't know what drugs are, so no one knows

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 17, 2019, 11:36:13 am »

Also, I think lynching UoS first makes the most sense right now.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 17, 2019, 11:38:10 am »

One shot power that gives the target "an additional power," I don't know what it is.

Basically I'm a JOAT: Doc/Doc/Inventor

Has anyone ever seen a JOAT with two shots of one thing and one of another? I feel like in a game where many players are claiming multi-part roles, this would really have been described as two-shot doctor, one-shot inventor, and there's no need at all for the "JOAT" descriptor.

I think using "JOAT" as a descriptor there is fine. Especially because the role would really be doc/doc/inventor/drugger
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.