Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269818 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1775 on: February 11, 2019, 06:48:07 am »

Couple flaws with the theory:

1) ashersky's double hated wasn't known D1
2) I had to select ashersky in my qt during the day to receive protection/investigation

Your theory assumes that I (as scum) had special knowledge of ashersky's role (as town). That I knew ashersky was double hated on D1 assumes that we are of the same scum faction. And then if that is the case it is most profitable for town to lynch ashersky (as ashersky himself addressed).

So either we are both scum together and you should be voting Ash, or we are both town. (According to your theory, we could obviously be different factions, but you are pushing the theory assuming I had non-public information about someone else's role)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: February 11, 2019, 06:52:04 am »

Also, if I am scum it makes absolutely no sense to save town with a governor power, so when Ash flips town (if you all are silly enough to lynch him) then I am basically confirmed town.

Forget the copping power, just consider the governor. Scum does not use governor on D1 on town
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: February 11, 2019, 06:54:01 am »

Theory break.

Plurality lynch means we can’t NL with 4 people left like we normally would.

Ash, if you have a shot I think you really need to take it to maximize our chances. I also think we should be seriously considering the ash policy lynch to avoid the lylo quickhammwr which seems like a super possible outcome no matter who the scum is.

I’m back to vote: ash
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1778 on: February 11, 2019, 06:56:15 am »

I have a plan that could potentially forestall that scenario, but it involves today’s lynch being me, so I’m not sure it actually helps.

vote: ashersky for now though.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: February 11, 2019, 06:56:18 am »

Theory break.

Plurality lynch means we can’t NL with 4 people left like we normally would.

Ash, if you have a shot I think you really need to take it to maximize our chances. I also think we should be seriously considering the ash policy lynch to avoid the lylo quickhammwr which seems like a super possible outcome no matter who the scum is.

I’m back to vote: ash

Despite your scumminess here, I still think you are town.

Policy lynches are bad bad bad

We need to lynch scum. That is how town wins. Not by figuring out the least bad town lynch until we are at lylo

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: February 11, 2019, 06:56:54 am »

I have a plan that could potentially forestall that scenario, but it involves today’s lynch being me, so I’m not sure it actually helps.

vote: ashersky for now though.

I really wasn't trying to get ashersky lynched.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: February 11, 2019, 06:58:45 am »

Please, stop voting for ashersky. It gets is nothing at all (except confirming that I am town)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:07 am »

Like, seriously guys. Lynching ashersky is a losing plan

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: February 11, 2019, 07:01:03 am »

It seems like not lynching ashersky is the losing plan.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: February 11, 2019, 07:02:02 am »

unvote

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: February 11, 2019, 07:03:29 am »

It seems like not lynching ashersky is the losing plan.

False. Lynching town is a losing plan. I know you think WCD is one. Who is the other?

Godfather Ashersky?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 11, 2019, 07:04:57 am »

Right now I think the remaining scum are SA and UoS

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1787 on: February 11, 2019, 07:06:05 am »

Couple flaws with the theory:

1) ashersky's double hated wasn't known D1
2) I had to select ashersky in my qt during the day to receive protection/investigation

Your theory assumes that I (as scum) had special knowledge of ashersky's role (as town). That I knew ashersky was double hated on D1 assumes that we are of the same scum faction. And then if that is the case it is most profitable for town to lynch ashersky (as ashersky himself addressed).

So either we are both scum together and you should be voting Ash, or we are both town. (According to your theory, we could obviously be different factions, but you are pushing the theory assuming I had non-public information about someone else's role)

My theory doesn't assume that you knew ash was double hated. It's just convenient for you that he turned out to be.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1788 on: February 11, 2019, 07:06:28 am »

Lynching ashersky prevents early LyLo and tells us a lot. As Awaclus pointed out, if ashersky flips town, one of me, e, UoS or WCD is definitely scum. Plus what we said before.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:03 am »

One of four isn’t that useful.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:19 am »

Deadline is coming.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1791 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:55 am »

Also, if I am scum it makes absolutely no sense to save town with a governor power, so when Ash flips town (if you all are silly enough to lynch him) then I am basically confirmed town.

Forget the copping power, just consider the governor. Scum does not use governor on D1 on town

I think it makes absolutely a ton of sense to do something that will make people think you're confirmed town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 11, 2019, 07:08:04 am »

vote: UoS

Seems more likely than WCd.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 11, 2019, 07:08:43 am »

Right now I think the remaining scum are SA and UoS

Convince me.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1794 on: February 11, 2019, 07:10:30 am »

Please, stop voting for ashersky. It gets is nothing at all (except confirming that I am town)

Vote: ashersky

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 11, 2019, 07:12:55 am »

I think if the e/ash scum team is a thing, they are trying to get WCD lynched today and UoS tomorrow, or the other way around. They'll probably NK me or Awaclus or something.

To me, looking at how the day has been playing out, that scenario seems a bit more likely then a Space/UoS/WCD team.

Despite the pains that e and ash themselves have been taking to convince me that neither of their flips confirm the other one, the e/ash team is the scum narrative that makes the most sense to me. If I can disprove that, then I'll be happy to take the remaining one on faith as town. And then we can look at Space/UoS/WCD.

I really think this is how we win, and it doesn't help that so far the only voices coming out against it are e and ash themselves. I'd really like to hear from Space and Snow on this.

I unvoted for now because ashersky is so quickhammerable.

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1796 on: February 11, 2019, 07:25:27 am »

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 13, 2019, 12:00:00 pm. This is in just under 11 hours.

February 13, 2019, 12:00:00 pm is on Wednesday, not in under 5 hours? Also I think it should be Day 4, not Day 3.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1797 on: February 11, 2019, 07:26:55 am »

If the deadline is today, I'm not sure if I can make it. I woke up around 14 hours ago, I might not be able to stay up that long.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 11, 2019, 07:29:15 am »

If the deadline is today, I'm not sure if I can make it. I woke up around 14 hours ago, I might not be able to stay up that long.

I think the Feb 13 is correct, not the 5 hours

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1799 on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:59 am »

I really think if there’s any possibility in your mind that ash and e are the scum team ash is the right lynch today. Awaclus is right- we need to lynch either ash or scum or we just lose. So if you’d rather try and hit scum, that means you’re 100% confident that person is scum. Because otherwise your trading potential future advantage for the possibility of losing immediately.

Put another way- let’s say we were certain either UoS or WCD was scum. Lynching either of them would be 50% chance of hitting scum. Lynching ashersky would still be a 100% chance of lynching ashersky.

Sorry but I’m going with the option that definitely lets us live another day. The fact that I think ash might be scum is just a bonus.

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.