Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 273399 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1300 on: February 04, 2019, 12:06:09 pm »

A carefully executed plan went awry when Breq discovered the spy on her ship. With the fall of Omaugh Palace, the consolidation of Anaander Mianaai progressed.

mail-mi has been lynched! She was Anaander Mianaai, the Lord-of-the-Radch-aligned 2-shot Active Bulletproof/1-shot Semi-Loyal Vigilante Modified Odd-Night Cult Leader Even-Night Modified Redirector.

Night 3 begins now and lasts until February 06, 2019, 12:00:00 pm. Night actions due 1 hours before that.

Thread locked!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1301 on: February 06, 2019, 12:20:36 pm »

Uran had heard the boardcasts. They were offering former crew member of the "mad Ancillary" amnesty for their "improper actions" if they offered themselves and their information up. Would that be enough to tempt them? She trusted most, but even one person giving in would threaten the whole rebellion.

As she walked the streets of the Undergarden, she passed a group of people shouting, arguing about something. She made her way through the crowd, and then she saw the body, leaning against the wall, the words "Traitor" written next to her. "Well, that is one less worry", she thought - and was shocked by her own cynicism.

Haddock has been killed! She was Lieutenant Ekalu, the Radch-aligned Targeted Active Enabler.

jotheonah takes one less vote to lynch today.

Day 4 begins now!

Vote Count 4.0

Not Voting (8): SpaceAnemone, jotheonah, Awaclus, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, UmbrageOfSnow, ashersky, Glooble

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 13, 2019, 12:00:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1302 on: February 06, 2019, 12:29:33 pm »

Damn. I liked Haddock. She had a good head on her shoulders.

I'm pretty sure she (or Robz) targeted me night 1 with her "Enabler" power, though it didn't end up mattering.

I am glad mail-mi died without recruiting anyone. Scum would have been better, obviously, but that faction was a liability.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 06, 2019, 12:30:36 pm »

Ugh, Joth....hated again.  Any idea why?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 06, 2019, 12:35:42 pm »

I'm starting to think the power was a 1-shot that lasts for the rest of the game. That makes me a pretty big liability in LyLo so, as much as I hate to say it, there might be a case for policy-lynching me.

Glooble, I don't think Enabler means what you think it means. I mean, what do you think it means?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1305 on: February 06, 2019, 12:37:24 pm »

I'm starting to think the power was a 1-shot that lasts for the rest of the game. That makes me a pretty big liability in LyLo so, as much as I hate to say it, there might be a case for policy-lynching me.

Glooble, I don't think Enabler means what you think it means. I mean, what do you think it means?

I got a message at the beginning of night 2 that one of my powers had been enhanced, for one night only.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 06, 2019, 12:44:51 pm »

Enabler usually means the power doesn't work at all unless it's enabled. But I guess it could mean "enhancer". Anything goes in faust's RM.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 06, 2019, 12:53:58 pm »

On another thread. mail-mi was Anaander Mianaai (the one who tried to recruit hyper). (also w/ the bulletproof, we now have a possible explanation of N! lack of nightkill). Awaclus's hammer suggests pretty strongly that he's the other Anaander Mianaai. mail-mi thinks that makes him not-scum. Mail-mi was orange and Lord-of-the-Radch aligned. From a game design and flavor perspective, I'm inclined to agree with mail-mi, but open to other perspectives.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1308 on: February 06, 2019, 12:57:32 pm »

Enabler usually means the power doesn't work at all unless it's enabled. But I guess it could mean "enhancer". Anything goes in faust's RM.

That tracks with the exact wording of the message.

On another thread. mail-mi was Anaander Mianaai (the one who tried to recruit hyper). (also w/ the bulletproof, we now have a possible explanation of N! lack of nightkill). Awaclus's hammer suggests pretty strongly that he's the other Anaander Mianaai. mail-mi thinks that makes him not-scum. Mail-mi was orange and Lord-of-the-Radch aligned. From a game design and flavor perspective, I'm inclined to agree with mail-mi, but open to other perspectives.

Awaclus has been pretty keen on lynching whoever the recruiter was since hypercube revealed that role's existence. I'm not suprised she hammered.

On a related note, I was nearly certain that Ashersky was the cult leader and had some knowledge that Space was the town-aligned Anander. Obviously that theory is a bust.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1309 on: February 06, 2019, 01:00:35 pm »

(also w/ the bulletproof, we now have a possible explanation of N! lack of nightkill).

You mean another possible explanation? Since we already know Space was jail-kept, which would have prevented the NK whether Space was the target or the aggressor.

And by "know" I mean assuming we trust Didds, which I do, currently.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 06, 2019, 01:02:25 pm »

(also w/ the bulletproof, we now have a possible explanation of N! lack of nightkill).

You mean another possible explanation? Since we already know Space was jail-kept, which would have prevented the NK whether Space was the target or the aggressor.

And by "know" I mean assuming we trust Didds, which I do, currently.

True. I had forgotten about that.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1311 on: February 06, 2019, 01:03:47 pm »

So who still thinks Space is scum? Personally I could go either way.

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 06, 2019, 01:24:53 pm »

I am still firmly in the Space=town camp. In our discussions she was onto LL from early in D2, and the only reason she (and I) didn't vote is that it would have ended the day early. I don't know why she would have risked that if she was scum and we know that LL was (likely) the biggest baddest scum role. She could easily have just kept talking about someone else if she was hoping to lynch town.

I am a bit perplexed on the Haddock kill....because why is 2.718... still alive?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 06, 2019, 01:31:28 pm »

I am still firmly in the Space=town camp. In our discussions she was onto LL from early in D2, and the only reason she (and I) didn't vote is that it would have ended the day early. I don't know why she would have risked that if she was scum and we know that LL was (likely) the biggest baddest scum role. She could easily have just kept talking about someone else if she was hoping to lynch town.

I am a bit perplexed on the Haddock kill....because why is 2.718... still alive?

In Czech mafia, we left the obvious kill alive because we were trying to frame them. (A) That was a terrible idea that went very badly and (B) LaLight, my fellow scum, was against it from the start. Also, in that case we at least tried to nudge the suspicion along. Here, there's no evidence of a frame attempt.

There are two very good reasons scum would target e -- one, they assume the 1-shot part of the cop claim was a lie and two, e has achieved near-IC status in the intervening time. There's one good reason to not target e -- knowing that the game has protective roles (and that their N1 kill failed) they might be trying to choose targets they believe are the least likely to be protected. On the other hand, our jailkeeper is dead. How many protective roles does scum think we have?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 06, 2019, 01:33:41 pm »

To be clear: Either e is not being framed or the people framing e are much better at it than I was. Or maybe they believe the 1-shot part of the claim. After all, why does a full cop out themselves after one investigation that didn't even turn up scum? But then, why does a scum fakeclaim cop early on day 1?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 06, 2019, 01:52:59 pm »

Also yeah, we have 1 dead scum, ladies. If we count the cult as town that's 2 scum out of 10 players, so 2 mislynches and a no-lynch before 5 player LYLO, and that's worst case. We shouldn't claim today.

If Ash dayvigs town that's just the no-lynch and we still shouldn't claim.

Ok, this is a weird post. This was after the LaLight flip. Why is UoS treating it like a given that there are 3 scum? I don't believe it was ever stated. I know we throw the word around waaaaay too much, but ... scumslip?

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1316 on: February 06, 2019, 02:02:31 pm »

There are two very good reasons scum would target e -- one, they assume the 1-shot part of the cop claim was a lie and two, e has achieved near-IC status in the intervening time. There's one good reason to not target e -- knowing that the game has protective roles (and that their N1 kill failed) they might be trying to choose targets they believe are the least likely to be protected. On the other hand, our jailkeeper is dead. How many protective roles does scum think we have?

I'm still open to the ash/e scum team possibility, and e's continued survival is a point in favor of that theory. But I also think Haddock was a pretty good choice for scum to make, given that she was very unlikely to be a mislynch (almost no suspicion on her all game) and targeting either e or ash would be a kind of a shell game at this point.

It's slightly suspicious, but not super suspicious.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1317 on: February 06, 2019, 02:04:09 pm »

Also yeah, we have 1 dead scum, ladies. If we count the cult as town that's 2 scum out of 10 players, so 2 mislynches and a no-lynch before 5 player LYLO, and that's worst case. We shouldn't claim today.

If Ash dayvigs town that's just the no-lynch and we still shouldn't claim.

Ok, this is a weird post. This was after the LaLight flip. Why is UoS treating it like a given that there are 3 scum? I don't believe it was ever stated. I know we throw the word around waaaaay too much, but ... scumslip?

Yeah, that's fishy.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 06, 2019, 02:05:23 pm »

Ok, I just did a full Robz/UoS reread and it took no time at all! I don't want to get into the lurking aspect because UoS has been very apologetic about it and cited real-world excuses, but the fact is we have a shockingly small amount of content from UoS, none of it represents solid contributions, I'm not sure he's cast a single vote since replacing in, and he might have scumslipped. I'm feeling ok about a

vote: UmbrageOfSnow

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 06, 2019, 02:18:03 pm »

Well, mail-mi's flip makes sense and also why I wasn't picking them as scum based on LaLight's flip - they weren't the same faction.

I agree that the Haddock kill is an interesting one.

I don't think it is a scum slip to assume a certain amount of scum at any point of the game. With 14 players it is a fairly safe assumption to say 3 scum+(other non-town aligned) in the game.  In this game that other-non-town was mail-mi, but I think it is safe to say there are still 2 scum left
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: February 06, 2019, 02:18:43 pm »

But I also think Haddock was a pretty good choice for scum to make, given that she was very unlikely to be a mislynch (almost no suspicion on her all game)

This I disagree on. Haddock was not cleared in any way. If I were scum, I think Haddock would be a prime candidate for a mislynch. I'm actually a little glad she was the nightkill because it's one less null read I have to look at today.

Hmmm... Another reason not to kill e is that it makes ash into a real IC. And I think people who have been around a while would be scared to death of IC ash.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 06, 2019, 02:20:04 pm »

I don't think it is a scum slip to assume a certain amount of scum at any point of the game. With 14 players it is a fairly safe assumption to say 3 scum+(other non-town aligned) in the game.  In this game that other-non-town was mail-mi, but I think it is safe to say there are still 2 scum left

It's not the assumption itself but the treatment of it as fact, rather than assumption.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 06, 2019, 02:20:29 pm »

I'm still open to the ash/e scum team possibility, and e's continued survival is a point in favor of that theory. But I also think Haddock was a pretty good choice for scum to make, given that she was very unlikely to be a mislynch (almost no suspicion on her all game) and targeting either e or ash would be a kind of a shell game at this point.

Yeah, they could be a team....but it could also be an e/UoS team. They aren't really tied together, except that e claimed Asher was town, right? And if e is scum, she can do that pretty easily without being afraid of getting it wrong.

I am not opposed to the UoS vote. I can't say that I have much a sense of her at all, but that in and of itself is kind of suspicious.  At the end of D3, UoS said we needed to do a full LL re-read.  I did that. I'll post it if we think we need it, but I don't want to clutter the thread with a huge post if its not necessary.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 06, 2019, 02:21:50 pm »

Also, seeing mail-mi's full role description (talk about a long role-name/description) is that it seems like we are safe from any cult/3rd alignment at this point. I think we are likely at 8 players, 2 scum 6 town. No more funky alignment changes or third parties. I hope
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 06, 2019, 02:23:23 pm »

It's not the assumption itself but the treatment of it as fact, rather than assumption.

That could be a personality thing. I state opinions as facts all the time.

That being said, I agree that UoS is a clear lynch candidate today.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.