Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269898 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1075 on: February 01, 2019, 04:55:06 pm »

Sorry ladies, I won't be able to get to this until later this afternoon.

Can we please stop with the "ladies"? The whole point of the use of homogenised third person pronoun in the books is to get away entirely from gender norms and expectations. The point is not that all people are feminine, so using other gendered language is all kinds of wrong.

If you'd like a good Radch-flavoured collective word to use to refer to everyone, "citizens" would be a far better pick :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 01, 2019, 05:07:23 pm »

The LL wagon. I spent the majority of the second half of D2 saying that I thought LL was scum. But if I had voted for him when I was saying that, he’d have been at L-1, and I didn’t want to do that in the event that she was hated for something like that and then I’d be the one who ended the day early. So, I continued to argue for the LL lynch, and stated my hesitancy in voting until the days end was closer.

Not wanting to vote for someone in case they get lynched is closely related to what Haddock has taken exception to me over, which is not voting early enough for someone I said I thought was scummy.

As I watched people talk about LL, I wondered if it would be productive to see who he might jump to, given the chance. I chose Mail-mi because he hadn’t been around recently. At that point he hadn’t done anything really scummy, so I figured that if a real wagon formed on him, it would be illustrative. Space followed (she discusses this elsewhere) and then LL. For me, that jumps sealed his scumminess. Asher seems to have thought the same thing in in #898. I’d have voted for him when I woke up, but Asher, e, and then LLtook care of that when I was sleeping.

I was considering Glooble for a while before mail-mi, but on my own wagon analysis, he doesn't look too bad. From my PoV, with WCD as a townread, I wanted a wagon with a lot of green on it to make the black and red stand out.

Space, Joth, and Glooble seem the most town to me.
Asher and e are a question. I have them green for now, but it tricky, you know? It would have been a set of bold scum moves, but bold wouldn’t be terribly surprising.
Awa is frustrating folks. That seems NAI, but also easy to lynch.
Haddock is new to me and I like the way he shares his thinking. But I don’t have any of the experience others have playing with her, and I don’t have a good sense of her. Town leaning.
UoS- (hi! I haven’t seen you since my first game ever!) I don’t have a sense of yet
Mail-mi wasn’t super scummy to me when I voted for her, but has become so as a result of the claim and the posts that followed it. She’s at the top of my list, at present. 

This isn't chum-to-scum ordering in the middle, is it? I actually think Haddock is quite townie, and Awa, while he's too easy a mislynch, is also not guaranteed to be town just because he's a stick in the mud.

It's also important not to bind a read of Ash to a read of e. If Ash is scum, then e is not likely to be town because of the cop claim. If Ash is town and we're just considering that cop-result interaction in isolation, it can still go both ways for e.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 01, 2019, 05:11:28 pm »

My own scum-to-chum list is roughly:

mail-mi
Awaclus, e
Joth, Glooble, UoS (null)
Ashersky
Haddock
WCD
Space

I need to read more RobzOfSnow and see whether I can work out anything about them.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 01, 2019, 07:08:04 pm »

In response to Space responding to me without adding more quoting...

I agree with avoiding “ladies”. It doesn’t feel quite right and while I don’t know if it was happening here there are too many men who use that term to denigrate other men. Citizens is far better.

I understand why Haddock was taking you to task for not voting, and that I’m guilty of that as well. What that overlooks, though was how suddenly the Mcmc shit came, then the Asher lynch at L-2 unbeknownst to all of us, and then the day starting with Joth hated. There was a real risk that things were not as they seemed with votes, etc. talking about my vote without placing it was my attempt to avoid another early day.

No, my list was ordered by people as I thought of them. It started with chum and ended with scum but the middle was rando. I’m on an airplane so I’m a bit scattered.

I appreciate the reminder that Asher isn’t tied to e, I had forgotten how all that went down, and that it is rather unidirectional.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1079 on: February 01, 2019, 09:06:50 pm »

Here's a post I attempted to make while I was reading up the other day.  By the time I pressed post the thread was locked - I didn't know cos I was only halfway through the reread:

"OK so I'm wAY not caught up yet. And am also fairly drunk. However.

I....

@faust how come Haddock didn't get punished for this post in which he did EXACTLY what I got punished for but without quotation marks?

everyone else, I'm workin on a big reread, just saw this on the way.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1080 on: February 01, 2019, 09:07:52 pm »

actually scratch that, exactly the same including quotation marks.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 01, 2019, 09:08:30 pm »

Then I had one more thought which I kept note of to be posted once I could post:

"OK so I wasn't able to compile jotheonah quotes while the thread was locked. But please everyone read through jotheonah and then come back and recognise that she's been scummayyyyy.

She has been very twitchy and defensive, hugely OMGUSsy, and not particularly contributive. Also has some reads that I think are really ugly, throwing shade at towny folks for not-good reasons."

vote: jotheonah

And now to today's business.

And also here. Literally no difference. Can I please have my hated removed or one given to Haddock?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 01, 2019, 09:22:21 pm »

I actually appreciated Awaclus's case on me now that she's made it. I can totally see how my revelation about the survivor thing could look like me trying to derail my partner's lynch, especially if Awaclus is town, since that means she knew I was wrong (because the theory also included her). So, begrudging town points there I guess.

But it doesn't hold up in the context of the rest of the day. I was Mr. "LaLet's LaLynch LaLight". If I was bussing, why suddenly hedge and then not even commit to the hedge? Not only did I not move my vote off LaLight, I moved my vote onto LaLight in that very post and then never moved it again.

Still, Awaclus is actually seeming townier and townier to me. The case on Glooble and the case on me are both wrong but understandable, and not the kind of case a scum player desperate to divert the lynch would make. So unvote for now. Not by any means saying Awaclus isn't scum, but I'm willing to look elsewhere today.

I can't say the same for mail-mi. Still pretty sold on mail-mi as scum. Here are some scummy posts mail-mi has made:

well here's something. I've been adding to the conversation and creating some, when scum!me would be content with maintaining the meta of "oh he's just a lurker, we'll figure out if he's scum sooner or later".

Scum is more likely than town to make "scum!me would" or "scum!me wouldn't" arguments especially early on day one.

Ashersky is being ashersky, I'm completely null on her right now

Still liking hypercube, maybe glooble (also very willing to give day 1 pass) and would definitely go for mcmc, if only for lurking. Also willing to go back to joth.

I'm still super busy with homework and stuff, we'll see if I can pull together a reads post sometime soon.

All mail-mi's would-lynches are likely or confirmed town (at least from my perspective)

Here is a mail-mi reads list with colors added of confirmed folks.

1. SpaceAnemone - is doing regular SpaceAnemone things, from what I remember. Slight town read.
2. jotheonah - Still seems a little too flippant. Scum read
3. LaLight - Um... don't remember anything in particular right now, null read
4. DatSwan - same as above, though I suppose if everyone decided to sheep Awaclus I could join
5. mail-mi - is me
6. Awaclus - is Awaclus. As always, slight scum read
7. 2.71828..... - seems to be good. Wouldn't prefer to lynch today
8. WestCoastDidds - seems townie to me, wouldn't prefer to lynch
9. Robz888 - is in robz's d1 laze. Eh, null read
10. hypercube - preferred lynch
11. mcmcsalot - lurking, but I agree with e's and ash's posts though. Less sure about lynching him
12. ashersky - null read
13. Galzria - Lurking, but is a vet. Would also lynch him, probably over mcmc
14. Glooble - want to give him a d1 pass, but if everyone wants to lynch him I will

Ok, that wasn't as helpful as hoped, but I'll leave it here in case it sparks something in someone.

Galzria has 8 total posts, 3 of which are pregame. His vote is still on an RVS wagon on Robz.

vote: galzria

There was so much actual stuff going on and we had already had a lurker lynch debate and mail-mi still comes in with this.

Oh no

This one I'm just confused about. mail-mi, why did you say oh no when ash was lynched? just curious.

Here are some scummy things WCD has done:

-early day 1 she pushed pretty hard for the mcmc lurker lynch. she also seems to be going out of her way in her long posts and not offend people. so, make everyone like you, push a lynch on the lurker who can't defend themselves or get into a fight with you=awesome day 1 scum strategy. #291 for ref also #306. I feel a little bad for this case because it's totally possible WCD is just a really nice person and I feel bad giving scum points for that but then, that's what makes it such a good plan.

-handing out town points like it's christmas. a good way to participate without making waves or committing to scum reads

-this post where she tries to play the 'it's my first day' card despite having played 4 games here.
Good morning, folks!

Hi Haddock....in your giant post you quoted me and said that in regard to plan discussions that I had completely missed the point. So, uhm, yeah....that is accurate. I’m newish to the game (this is my 5th game) and something’s that are obvious to others take me awhile to work out. I think I miss the point of posts quite a bit at first, but improve with time....or at least that is my hope.

I am still confused about how Asher got lynched with only 5 votes so far from the deadline. Is there a power that can end the day, and then it’s the plurality vote? Is that more likely than two people having an extra vote? And did Asher’s shot give her immunity?

Ok, I got to stop for now.

TL;DR I'm off Awaclus for now, I still think mail-mi is scummy, WCD has done a lot of things that fit with a very particular scum narrative but they also fit pretty well with her just being a nice person who's not super confident in her mafia skills. Would probably vote though.

I also looked at Haddock and Space but nothing really jumped out at me.

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:42 pm »

I can't say the same for mail-mi. Still pretty sold on mail-mi as scum. Here are some scummy posts mail-mi has made:

well here's something. I've been adding to the conversation and creating some, when scum!me would be content with maintaining the meta of "oh he's just a lurker, we'll figure out if he's scum sooner or later".

Scum is more likely than town to make "scum!me would" or "scum!me wouldn't" arguments especially early on day one.

I would invite you to read the context of that conversation. I can summarize here: Awaclus asked me for reasons I wasn't scum. I responded to the cases on me, but he didn't consider that good enough. So I came up with something else. What else should I have done here, if I was town, other than compare to what my scumself would be doing at that time?

Ashersky is being ashersky, I'm completely null on her right now

Still liking hypercube, maybe glooble (also very willing to give day 1 pass) and would definitely go for mcmc, if only for lurking. Also willing to go back to joth.

I'm still super busy with homework and stuff, we'll see if I can pull together a reads post sometime soon.

All mail-mi's would-lynches are likely or confirmed town (at least from my perspective)
that doesn't make me scum, that makes me bad at reading people. Which has been true for my entire f.ds career.

Here is a mail-mi reads list with colors added of confirmed folks.

1. SpaceAnemone - is doing regular SpaceAnemone things, from what I remember. Slight town read.
2. jotheonah - Still seems a little too flippant. Scum read
3. LaLight - Um... don't remember anything in particular right now, null read
4. DatSwan - same as above, though I suppose if everyone decided to sheep Awaclus I could join
5. mail-mi - is me
6. Awaclus - is Awaclus. As always, slight scum read
7. 2.71828..... - seems to be good. Wouldn't prefer to lynch today
8. WestCoastDidds - seems townie to me, wouldn't prefer to lynch
9. Robz888 - is in robz's d1 laze. Eh, null read
10. hypercube - preferred lynch
11. mcmcsalot - lurking, but I agree with e's and ash's posts though. Less sure about lynching him
12. ashersky - null read
13. Galzria - Lurking, but is a vet. Would also lynch him, probably over mcmc
14. Glooble - want to give him a d1 pass, but if everyone wants to lynch him I will

Ok, that wasn't as helpful as hoped, but I'll leave it here in case it sparks something in someone.

and obviously in light of things that have happened since then, my reads on people have now changed.

Galzria has 8 total posts, 3 of which are pregame. His vote is still on an RVS wagon on Robz.

vote: galzria

There was so much actual stuff going on and we had already had a lurker lynch debate and mail-mi still comes in with this.
that, my friend, is called a "pressure vote" to get someone who is lurking to come to the forefront. I didn't have much intention of lynching galz (though I wouldn't have been sad about it at the time) but i wanted him to get into the game more.

Oh no

This one I'm just confused about. mail-mi, why did you say oh no when ash was lynched? just curious.

I thought she was town and so when faust posted the final vote count for the day when ash was at L-2, i was both surprised and disheartened. that post could have also said "what?!" or "what the heck?" and meant the same thing

I also thought it would be humorous to post, so that's also a factor.

Here are some scummy things WCD has done:

-early day 1 she pushed pretty hard for the mcmc lurker lynch. she also seems to be going out of her way in her long posts and not offend people. so, make everyone like you, push a lynch on the lurker who can't defend themselves or get into a fight with you=awesome day 1 scum strategy. #291 for ref also #306. I feel a little bad for this case because it's totally possible WCD is just a really nice person and I feel bad giving scum points for that but then, that's what makes it such a good plan.

-handing out town points like it's christmas. a good way to participate without making waves or committing to scum reads

-this post where she tries to play the 'it's my first day' card despite having played 4 games here.
Good morning, folks!

Hi Haddock....in your giant post you quoted me and said that in regard to plan discussions that I had completely missed the point. So, uhm, yeah....that is accurate. I’m newish to the game (this is my 5th game) and something’s that are obvious to others take me awhile to work out. I think I miss the point of posts quite a bit at first, but improve with time....or at least that is my hope.

I am still confused about how Asher got lynched with only 5 votes so far from the deadline. Is there a power that can end the day, and then it’s the plurality vote? Is that more likely than two people having an extra vote? And did Asher’s shot give her immunity?

Ok, I got to stop for now.

TL;DR I'm off Awaclus for now, I still think mail-mi is scummy, WCD has done a lot of things that fit with a very particular scum narrative but they also fit pretty well with her just being a nice person who's not super confident in her mafia skills. Would probably vote though.

i like your points about WCD.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 02, 2019, 01:11:43 am »

It's also important not to bind a read of Ash to a read of e. If Ash is scum, then e is not likely to be town because of the cop claim. If Ash is town and we're just considering that cop-result interaction in isolation, it can still go both ways for e.

"I know ashersky is town (since he isn't my scum partner) but I still want to throw shade on e because too many ICs make the game really hard to win, especially after my partner LaLight was lynched D2"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 02, 2019, 01:23:13 am »

and Awa, while he's too easy a mislynch, is also not guaranteed to be town just because he's a stick in the mud.

Awaclus isn't townie because he is a stick in the mud (as you put it), he is townie because his content has been townie. Just like Glooble pointed out, his discussion this game has been characteristically "Awaclusian" but he has generated positive content for town. His reply #736 through the end of D2 was very townie I thought. He did end off wagon at the end of the day, but his rationale was much townier than say why Space or WCD were off wagon
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 02, 2019, 01:23:53 am »

Also, could someone go into detail as to why mail-mi's claim was scummy?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 02, 2019, 01:26:48 am »

Not just the claim content, but tell me why you think scum would have
1) claimed what mail-mi claimed
2) claimed it when mail-mi claimed (especially as it relates to mail-mi and LaLight being scum together)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 02, 2019, 03:01:02 am »

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends on January 31, 2019, 01:00:00 am.

Faust, when does the day end? January 31 doesn't seem correct?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 02, 2019, 03:05:52 am »

Vote Count 3.2

Glooble (1): ashersky
Awaclus (2): Glooble, jotheonah
jotheonah (1): Awaclus
mail-mi (1): Haddock
SpaceAnemone (2): mail-mi, 2.71828.....

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, UmbrageOfSnow

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 07, 2019, 01:00:00 am.

@faust how come Haddock didn't get punished for this post in which he did EXACTLY what I got punished for but without quotation marks?
I cut him some slack as he just replaced in. These things will have consequences in the future.

Faust, when does the day end? January 31 doesn't seem correct?
Fixed now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 02, 2019, 05:58:18 am »

The LL wagon. I spent the majority of the second half of D2 saying that I thought LL was scum. But if I had voted for him when I was saying that, he’d have been at L-1, and I didn’t want to do that in the event that she was hated for something like that and then I’d be the one who ended the day early. So, I continued to argue for the LL lynch, and stated my hesitancy in voting until the days end was closer.

Not wanting to vote for someone in case they get lynched is closely related to what Haddock has taken exception to me over, which is not voting early enough for someone I said I thought was scummy.
Yes, the two are related: if you read back you'll see that the start of that was my responding to e, who brought this up about WCD, and saying "yup Space's behaviour re the LL wagon is just as bad as WCD's".

Then I had one more thought which I kept note of to be posted once I could post:

"OK so I wasn't able to compile jotheonah quotes while the thread was locked. But please everyone read through jotheonah and then come back and recognise that she's been scummayyyyy.

She has been very twitchy and defensive, hugely OMGUSsy, and not particularly contributive. Also has some reads that I think are really ugly, throwing shade at towny folks for not-good reasons."

vote: jotheonah

And now to today's business.

And also here. Literally no difference. Can I please have my hated removed or one given to Haddock?
I nearly brought this up myself but figured faust was cutting me slack for having just subbed in.  (And yup that's the case apparently).

2) claimed it when mail-mi claimed (especially as it relates to mail-mi and LaLight being scum together)
From my perspective this really doesn't matter all that much.  Like, it's clear why the content of the claim is scummy, right?  Besides all the obvious reasons about how this is an incredibly convenient claim for them to make, on top of that:
 mail-mi has claimed to have targetted hyper D1, the day after which hyper ended up dead. 

Huh actually that makes mail-mi likelier as the cult leader or something?  With that in mind I might actually prefer my vote elsewhere.  I still haven't reread, will do so today and then consider moving my vote.

But also the "why would scum do this?" narrative is pure WIFOM, the obvious response is: "so that town will think 'surely no scum would be that dumb'"

That’s ridiculous. I’m going to take this to pm so I don’t clog the thread or get uncivil, and I suggest anyone else who disagrees with this action do the same.
The whole forum have already had this argument I'm afraid.  I was very much on your side, but the voices who cared the most were on the other side, so this is a fairly standard rule now.

Could you link me to that discussion? I tried to find it on my own and failed.
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=14692.0;all
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1091 on: February 02, 2019, 08:29:33 am »

Anander literally fights herself in the books. And one faction of her is the primary villain. I don’t think WCD’s assumption is scummy in the least.

Ah, OK. Sorry Didds, I probably shouldn't try to scumhunt based on flavour I'm not familiar with.

No worries.

There are are lots of Aananders in the book, some that are Breq is working for an some she is working against. If you are confused, its because it is confusing, not because I am scummy. The whole point of me talking about the book is to try to help flesh out what we might be dealing with.

I know that the Radchaii that Breq represents are what we know is town. These Radchaii started as part of Aanander and believe that the empire has expanded enough and that humans employees should be used to staff the ships instead of ancillaries of the AIs (conquered humans whose brains have been replaced with AI connections- corpse warriors). Everything else I am uncertain about.

There are three possibilities that I can think of for either third party or scum.
1. The other side of Aanander Minaii who want to keep expanding and conquering. In the book there are characters who follow this part if Aanander like Hetnys, the religious leader whose name I forget, and Tisserwat until she gets changed
2. The Presgar- aliens who built this super powerful gun and who have the capability to wipe out humans, but are bound by a treaty not to. There are two Presgar translaters who interact/work with Breq in the books
3. The Notai, who are in a ship beyond the ghost gate. They have been buying human bodies to use for ancillaries that were stolen and sold illegally by  Hetnys (I think).

Glooble, space, anyone else who has read the books....please feel free to correct or amend.

If Aanander tried to recruit Hyper and is about to kill him, it must be the expansionist Aanander. Interestingly, I think Hetnys (Asher) would be in that faction.  So, e and Ash together in the faction is an interesting possibility, for sure, and is kind of genius, right?

Bolding mine.

I think WCD is town.

If she were scum, she would have known Breq was a scum flavor name. I don't think she would have realized how difficult it would be for individual town players (with only their own flavor name, mcmcs, and ash's to go on) to figure that out.

I can certainly see scum!WCD being savvy enough to realize that those town members familiar with the flavor would assume Breq was town aligned, but I think its more likely she reached the same conclusion I did because she had the same information I did.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 02, 2019, 08:36:00 am »

For the record, I was also against the quote rule, but was in the minority. Was I also the player who exploited it and forced the discussion in the first place?

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 02, 2019, 08:47:30 am »

Sure.

1) Because it’s a great claim. You’re theoretically valuable but you never have to provide value. There’s always a reason to keep you alive just one more night.

2) Possibly mail-mi thought she was under more preasure than she was. Possibly she really did have to go and wouldn’t be back until deadline and didn’t want to end up being the last minute backup lynch if we got off of LaLight somehow. Possibly she was worried about being the nightkill by a vigilante. Possibly it’s WIFOM.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1094 on: February 02, 2019, 08:56:38 am »

I would be happy to start an LL wagon. I also think we should be looking at Robz.

I think LL's thing about criticizing Joth for SK-hunting (which was mostly directed at Ash), then scumreading e because e's role was just the sort of thing that the apparent recruiter faction would have is almost too lazy to be scummy. It also misses that e and Ash are kind of linked by e's claimed PR result on Ash, which I don't think he'd feel the need to claim as scum. That is, unless e and Ash are on the same scum/recruiter faction.

Here's Space defending LL, albeit in a very hedgy way. At this point LL only has one vote on her (mine) but others have expressed suspicion. So clearly not inevitable at this point.

Other news: I'm happy to continue the robz wagon as a proderator, but am conflicted now. The timing of the recent robz votes has a whiff of scum-pushing easy wagon.

TBH, I was tempted to throw a vote on the pile, since I have to get a vote down somewhere, and I'm still torn about where else to put it. Also, I think accepting unapologetic extended lurker play is bad for mafia on this site overall. Robz has made his public identity known on this site before, so I've read some of his real-life work. The fact I saw him mentioned by name in an article shared by a UK-based friend of a completely different political flavour in the past day or two makes me suspect that Robz may well be busy right now!

Anyway, I think we have sufficiently more information now than D1 that policy-lynching isn't really the best option. Can we go back to your hunch about Joth and Mail-mi? If you're suspicious that their behaviour means that one or other could be scum, would you put ~40% or so on each of them being some kind of scum? Is there anyone in the game you think is more than 40% likely to be scum? If not, why not scumhunt along those lines instead of pushing a lurker lynch?

PPE 9 (work keeps getting in the way...!)

And again trying to shift the conversation to an alternative wagon.

Then the wagon starts and she says nothing at all about LaLight, aside from vague speculations about the mechanics of her fakeclaim which I'm not sure I totally see the point of, until this post like seven pages later: (note that she's not gone that whole time, she's mostly just speculating about the setup and the recruiter faction while totally ignoring the LaLight wagon.)

LL retconning an option into his claim is scummy.

Yes, I agree with this. I'll vote there to get a lynch through, but I'm not also trying to work out whether LL's claim still has more to tell us about the game setup.

Then we get to her mathematical takedown of my arguments against Awaclus. I won't quote those here because 1. they are long and 2. I don't think they are in and of themselves scummy except in as much as they give Space an opportunity to participate and appear helpful and analytical and towny without requiring her to talk at all about the LaLight case.

The narrative I'm seeing emerge here is that Space is afraid if she focuses on LaLight she will scumslip and say something she's not supposed to know, so instead she focuses on the setup, then zeroes in on my argument with Awaclus. This is smart scum play. It doesn't really do much to help town but it still gives a kind of subconscious town cred in the eyes of people like me who see her posting a lot and think "she's really trying" "she's really helpful" "better not to lynch her."

Interesting that she hasn't applied any of her logic and math skills to actual scum hunting. only to taking down my argument.

Sure, mail-mi is a would-lynch. I wondered where most of the scrutiny on him from D1 went, though I was voting him for much of that time anyway.

Vote: mail-mi

My main would-lynch is still LL.

I wouldn't lynch Awaclus at this point without a scummy flip from LL of a type that indicates LL was on a team with other scums.

ANd finally lands on the next most viable wagon. But says she wants to vote LL. As has been pointed out before. But in the larger context of the day, seems a heck of a lot scummier to me than it did without that context.

I don't think the Awaclus lynch is going to happen today (joth and Haddock seem like the only people even potentially willing to join me.) So in the interest of advancing the day and in light of the above evidence:

vote: Space

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: February 02, 2019, 09:08:09 am »

That was a good case, and a good point about WCD.

vote: Space

He/him

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 02, 2019, 09:45:24 am »

I'm following along but not able to post properly rn. Will have more to contribute tonight.
I am considering voting space but am a little torn for reasons I will talk about when I have more time. Aside from the obvious one that we know each other irl so the postgame consequences of potentially mislynching them are tricky :P
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 02, 2019, 10:14:42 am »

Hi...the conclusion that I am actually a nice person who is not super confident in my mafia skills is incredibly accurate. And I appreciate that when you look through that lens you can make sense of how/why I am playing the way I am.

The length of my posts, for example, is tied diectly to my attempt to build community and try to provide clarity about my thought process so that y’all can help me see where I went wrong when my conclusions are wanting. I don’t particularly like it that I am not yet confident in my skills...I am a grown-ass woman who can do hard things irl...but I am generally tentative when I am learning new things, so it is what it is. Hyper, mcmc, and Swan have played with with me the most for the longest, but they aren’t here to attest to this pattern. Space has some insight since she was in my last game. Mcmc and iguana say that I play like Eevee, who I’ve never met.

Glooble seems to be reading me well right now. And the quote he points to where I am certain that Breq was town is illustrative. I’m still processing that unexpected turn of events and think faust is a mad genius. Role madness, indeed!

I don’t think that I am playing particularly well right now because I don’t have a good sense of where the scum are. I was sure that LL was scummy, but it’s not reflected in my votes. I don’t have a good case on mail-mi but my gut says he’s scummy, but I haven’t had time to read carefully and build a case.

There isn’t much bottom in this game (except maybe Hyper and me). Lots of seasoned players and everyone is playing well, so I’m not sure how to go about things. I don’t like that uncertain feeling....feels floundery to me. So I am reading with interest. Because there isn’t much bottom and the only other inexperienced player is gone, I feel like I make an easy target, and I think that if scum decides to focus on me, that I’ll likely be lynched. I don’t want to lean on my newishness, but I think it’s an important piece to keep in mind as we examine where votes are accumulating and why.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 02, 2019, 10:33:08 am »

Hi...the conclusion that I am actually a nice person who is not super confident in my mafia skills is incredibly accurate. And I appreciate that when you look through that lens you can make sense of how/why I am playing the way I am.

The length of my posts, for example, is tied diectly to my attempt to build community and try to provide clarity about my thought process so that y’all can help me see where I went wrong when my conclusions are wanting. I don’t particularly like it that I am not yet confident in my skills...I am a grown-ass woman who can do hard things irl...but I am generally tentative when I am learning new things, so it is what it is. Hyper, mcmc, and Swan have played with with me the most for the longest, but they aren’t here to attest to this pattern. Space has some insight since she was in my last game. Mcmc and iguana say that I play like Eevee, who I’ve never met.

Glooble seems to be reading me well right now. And the quote he points to where I am certain that Breq was town is illustrative. I’m still processing that unexpected turn of events and think faust is a mad genius. Role madness, indeed!

I don’t think that I am playing particularly well right now because I don’t have a good sense of where the scum are. I was sure that LL was scummy, but it’s not reflected in my votes. I don’t have a good case on mail-mi but my gut says he’s scummy, but I haven’t had time to read carefully and build a case.

There isn’t much bottom in this game (except maybe Hyper and me). Lots of seasoned players and everyone is playing well, so I’m not sure how to go about things. I don’t like that uncertain feeling....feels floundery to me. So I am reading with interest. Because there isn’t much bottom and the only other inexperienced player is gone, I feel like I make an easy target, and I think that if scum decides to focus on me, that I’ll likely be lynched. I don’t want to lean on my newishness, but I think it’s an important piece to keep in mind as we examine where votes are accumulating and why.
What do you mean by "not much bottom"? If you mean people are not scummy, disagree.
I have a town read on almost noone at this point. Almost.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 02, 2019, 10:34:13 am »

By not much bottom, I meant in terms of skill and experience. Seems like lots of experienced pros to me.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.