Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269872 times)

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: January 26, 2019, 01:06:18 pm »

If we think LL is the person most likely to be scum, we should lynch her today regardless of how informative the wagon is

Well, that's already a lot better than lynching him just because he's low/potentially negative utility even if he's telling the truth.

As you said, it's important to consider both of the possible scenarios.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 26, 2019, 01:09:04 pm »

I had a thought that maybe the lack of kill is because this weird hypercube recruitment thing is like a kill-substitute?
After all it results always in the loss of a town player...

Doesn't make sense, since the cult also needs to exterminate scum to win. If anything is a kill substitute it's ash's dayvig.

I think once again you're reading wrong?
I understood that LLs alignment changes unless she was blocked.

Yes, I got that backwards again.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #802 on: January 26, 2019, 01:51:30 pm »

I don't think I said and I'm not even sure if I agree with the statement. I feel like I should, but the problem is when people like Haddock (and me) conclude that lynching town!LL is still pretty decent for town, which it kind of is in a vacuum but that fact makes it completely useless for me and Haddock to be on that wagon.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 26, 2019, 02:50:27 pm »

My question is just, what motivation does scum!LL have to claim that? Yes, there is wifom, but saying "I may eventually betray town so go ahead and lynch me" just does NOT sound like a good scum tactic.

Ash (I think it was ash?) pointing out how adding the "Oh yeah I get to choose if I switch alignments" after the initial claim is a good point. However, I still don't see the benefit (as scum) to making a claim like that.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #804 on: January 26, 2019, 03:07:49 pm »

My question is just, what motivation does scum!LL have to claim that? Yes, there is wifom, but saying "I may eventually betray town so go ahead and lynch me" just does NOT sound like a good scum tactic.

Ash (I think it was ash?) pointing out how adding the "Oh yeah I get to choose if I switch alignments" after the initial claim is a good point. However, I still don't see the benefit (as scum) to making a claim like that.

Except it worked. It stalled the wagon. Precisely because it doesn't make sense.

I leave it to people who know LaLight better than I do- is this the kind of moved she would pull? Claim something that seems like it would make the town more likely to lynch her than act all contrite?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 26, 2019, 03:19:23 pm »

We don't know how extensive the fakeclaims provided by faust were.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 26, 2019, 03:54:26 pm »

I don't think I said and I'm not even sure if I agree with the statement. I feel like I should, but the problem is when people like Haddock (and me) conclude that lynching town!LL is still pretty decent for town, which it kind of is in a vacuum but that fact makes it completely useless for me and Haddock to be on that wagon.

So you're saying you do think she's scum... but you don't want to lynch her?

No, I don't know if he's scum or not, that's why I'm considering both of the possible scenarios. In both of the possible scenarios, both town and scum want to be on the wagon so it doesn't tell us anything about anyone's alignment, which is why we should have a more informative lynch today and focus on this later, preferably when we also have more info.

This is why I don't like your arguments, you've gone back and forth between the argument that LL is scum and the people on the wagon are bussing and the argument that LL is town and people are only on the wagon because her claimed role is anti-town.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #807 on: January 26, 2019, 04:01:10 pm »

This is why I don't like your arguments, you've gone back and forth between the argument that LL is scum and the people on the wagon are bussing and the argument that LL is town and people are only on the wagon because her claimed role is anti-town.

Both of those have been a part of my argument all the time, I have just focused on whichever aspect someone else has been commenting on. Regardless of LL's alignment, we don't learn anything, that's the point.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 26, 2019, 04:08:59 pm »

Both of those have been a part of my argument all the time, I have just focused on whichever aspect someone else has been commenting on. Regardless of LL's alignment, we don't learn anything, that's the point.

You're just contradicting yourself now.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 26, 2019, 04:16:08 pm »

I still don't understand what you mean by this. We learn exactly as much as we do from any other non-policy lynch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: January 26, 2019, 04:16:51 pm »

For instance, I'll learn that if LaLight flips scum, we should probably lynch Awaclus tomorrow.

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 26, 2019, 04:18:51 pm »

For instance, I'll learn that if LaLight flips scum, we should probably lynch Awaclus tomorrow.

We could also do it the other way around!

vote: Awaclus
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #812 on: January 26, 2019, 04:39:15 pm »

You're just contradicting yourself now.

I'm not. I am considering both of the possible scenarios, but the fact that I am makes it useless for me to vote for LL, which is why I'm not sure it's good for me or anyone else to do so.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #813 on: January 26, 2019, 04:41:41 pm »

The principle of inflation exists regardless of LaLight's alignment and regardless of my alignment. The fact that I'm bringing it up is pro-town.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #814 on: January 26, 2019, 04:46:02 pm »

I still don't understand what you mean by this. We learn exactly as much as we do from any other non-policy lynch.

If LaLight is scum:
 - If I am scum: I have an incentive to vote for LaLight
 - If I am town: I have an incentive to vote for LaLight

If LaLight is town:

Everything that you'll learn from LaLight's flip, regardless of what it is, is that I had an incentive to vote for him. Which you already know. So you don't really learn anything, which is why there is no point for me to vote for him.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #815 on: January 26, 2019, 06:25:18 pm »

If LaLight is scum:

If LaLight is town:

Everything that you'll learn from LaLight's flip, regardless of what it is, is that I had an incentive to vote for him. Which you already know. So you don't really learn anything, which is why there is no point for me to vote for him.

That only applies to people who vote after the claim. Which is two people! Even if we accept your logic we’re getting two people less information. In exchange for a lynch that helps town in nearly every scenario.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 26, 2019, 06:34:48 pm »

there is no point for me to vote for him.

except, you know, our wincon

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 26, 2019, 06:35:42 pm »

We could also do it the other way around!

I'm down.

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 26, 2019, 06:42:08 pm »

If LaLight is scum:

If LaLight is town:

That only applies to people who vote after the claim. Which is two people! Even if we accept your logic we’re getting two people less information. In exchange for a lynch that helps town in nearly every scenario.

Agreed, I actually don't see any reason why scum would have an incentive to vote for scum!LL after the claim. It would be a kind of obviously bussy vote. Instead scum might, I don't know, engage in an extended campaign to try to get people to vote for someone else while denying that they're defending LL.
I have sigs off.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 26, 2019, 06:59:03 pm »

I am starting to read day 2 now, is there anything I need to know more urgently then that?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 26, 2019, 07:00:39 pm »

I am always down for an Awaclus lynch.

however.  Can we just have some constructive conversation about like, anything else first.  It's clear Awa and me/others won't agree, so rather than continue this (it's just one vote after all), we could talk about other stuff.

Like whether we think Swan is scummy.  I think a bit, but Swan is a tricky one for me to read.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #821 on: January 26, 2019, 07:01:37 pm »

I am starting to read day 2 now, is there anything I need to know more urgently then that?

The only real wagon is collapsing now so I think it’s unlikely we lynch anyone before you catch up.

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 26, 2019, 07:34:57 pm »

I am always down for an Awaclus lynch.

however.  Can we just have some constructive conversation about like, anything else first.  It's clear Awa and me/others won't agree, so rather than continue this (it's just one vote after all), we could talk about other stuff.

Like whether we think Swan is scummy.  I think a bit, but Swan is a tricky one for me to read.

I keep going back and forth between "Swan is a bit scummy" and "Swan is a bit towny." So pretty null overall for me.
I have sigs off.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 26, 2019, 07:41:01 pm »

I had a thought that maybe the lack of kill is because this weird hypercube recruitment thing is like a kill-substitute?
After all it results always in the loss of a town player...

Doesn't make sense, since the cult also needs to exterminate scum to win. If anything is a kill substitute it's ash's dayvig.

Or there is no cult and the scum kill is “join or die.”
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 26, 2019, 07:41:12 pm »

Lol I am just now realizing mcmc is dead.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.