Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269918 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #625 on: January 23, 2019, 03:38:45 pm »

vote: 2.71828.....

1-shot cop is also something I would expect useful for the guys who can't recruit scum.

oh, and we don't have any reason to believe it's 1-shot. Survivor-cult-cop is so beautifully elegant

We should talk about the fact that LaLight voted for the claimed cop and her justification is that e's claimed power makes her likely to be part of the recruiter faction (which is explicitly not scum). LaLight, why are you voting for someone you don't think is scum?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 23, 2019, 03:44:03 pm »

Anyways, I'll post a reads list while things are fresh in my mind

1. SpaceAnemone: Pretty towny D1, hasn't done much D2. Nullish town overall
2. jotheonah: I'm fairly sure she's town at this point
3. LaLight: Null
4. DatSwan: Started an argument with Awa (which I thought felt like it could be staged), asks a lot of questions which don't seem particularily incisive. Nullish scum, probably where I'd be voting if I wasn't voting for mail-mi right now
5. mail-mi: Nullish scum
6. Awaclus: Townish null
7. 2.71828.....: Pretty towny. I don't like that people just agreed with her cop claim uncritically but overall I think signs point to her being town
8. WestCoastDidds: Nullish town
9. Robz888: Hasn't done much other than vote for my wagon (which is bad). Nullish scum
10. hypercube: that's me irl
11. ashersky: Town
12. Haddock: I like what I've seen so far, so I'll give her a town read for now
13. Glooble: A good number of towny posts and a decent number of scummy posts. Was on my wagon, mcmc's wagon, and ash's wagon, which is kind of scummy. Probably a townish null read but not a terrible lynch choice since lots of people have expressed opinions on her.

I'm digging this list, although i'd put LL in the scumish list, too. I had originally found Swan towny, but increasingly not so much. Same with mail-mi. None of this are super well defined....mostly just a sense of things.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #627 on: January 23, 2019, 03:50:16 pm »

I would be happy to start an LL wagon. I also think we should be looking at Robz.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 23, 2019, 04:03:23 pm »

Robz said she was swamped at work so maybe we give him a minute.... But at some point, dude.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 23, 2019, 04:22:16 pm »

What makes you so certain joth is town?

Maybe it's because she keeps buddying me!

Well, mostly it's because she's been under a lot of pressure and I think she's handled it pretty well overall. She's not playing afraid of people scumreading her, which I like. I also think the cases she's built have been reasonable, and seemed to reflect town thinking.

I'm not so certain of this that I think joth is above scrutiny; certainly if mail-mi flipped town that would cause me to reevaluate my read on joth.
She was definitely playing afraid earlier. All through d1 and into early d2.  Less so now maybe.

She was defensive I thought but not afraid. If you're afraid you probably don't keep doing things like blatant SK hunting.
I have sigs off.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: January 23, 2019, 06:46:31 pm »

I would be happy to start an LL wagon. I also think we should be looking at Robz.

I think LL's thing about criticizing Joth for SK-hunting (which was mostly directed at Ash), then scumreading e because e's role was just the sort of thing that the apparent recruiter faction would have is almost too lazy to be scummy. It also misses that e and Ash are kind of linked by e's claimed PR result on Ash, which I don't think he'd feel the need to claim as scum. That is, unless e and Ash are on the same scum/recruiter faction.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 23, 2019, 06:47:46 pm »

I think it's most productive to reserve judgement on e and Ash till later, given that they're now linked kind of, so if one flips anything other than town, we should reevaluate the other. There are lots of players we have less information or constraints than that on.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 23, 2019, 06:48:40 pm »

Robz said she was swamped at work so maybe we give him a minute.... But at some point, dude.

I do think it's worth us keeping him in game-consciousness, because nothing about being busy makes him any less likely to be scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 23, 2019, 07:06:28 pm »

I do tend to agree that the mail-mi vs joth thing looks bad for one of them, I just come down on the side of joth coming out looking worse.

I've been re-reading you. This was from post #612, and it feels like quite a retrograde step in your reasoning... what was going on with that?

Back at post #512 you'd said joth was talking you around, after your compliment on his mail-mi case at #507. You had voted for joth at #453, but then unvoted (and switched to Robz) at #568, which was all before this post saying that joth is the more suspicious one of a pair where things look really bad for one of them. Do things look even worse than that for Robz, being a nullish lurker?

Also, you used a smiley at #570, so you pretty much scum ;-)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 23, 2019, 07:19:29 pm »

While I remember, Haddock will be at my place tomorrow evening for Games Night, so I won't even be booting my laptop while he's around, just to keep f.ds and RL properly separate. That means my content tomorrow will probably be minimal. Sorry!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 23, 2019, 08:15:26 pm »

While I remember, Haddock will be at my place tomorrow evening for Games Night, so I won't even be booting my laptop while he's around, just to keep f.ds and RL properly separate. That means my content tomorrow will probably be minimal. Sorry!

Another twinclaim!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 23, 2019, 08:16:04 pm »

I do think it's worth us keeping him in game-consciousness, because nothing about being busy makes him any less likely to be scum.

I agree with this, but I also feel like scum!robz would put a little more effort into the game. So he's a decidedly null lurker to me rn
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 23, 2019, 08:29:16 pm »

Ohhh! Fun!! I love the IRL stuff.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #638 on: January 24, 2019, 03:51:39 am »

yeah, because being a dayvig is not the same as being IC. All things considered it's much more suspicious that joth asked for justifying his reasons to vote for ash

I also didn't think ash was IC (obviously I was on her wagon.) But I was mostly pointing out that you jumped in to answer joth's question minutes after he posted it. It seems, as I mentioned earlier, opportunistic. I'll buy the excuse that you were in a much more tense other game as a reason for not jumping in more. But it seems like you did jump in very quickly when you had a chance to persuade someone to be on ash's wagon.

That being said, Jonah's hedging in that exchange also comes off kinda scummy. Like he's trying to give himself deniability in the event ash turns up town.

So you're saying every other wagon was on my scum partner, so ash was my only way to derail everything? No. I just thought ash is scum. And mostly think so now. Maybe third-party, but i don't think ash is town.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 24, 2019, 03:52:54 am »

I think LL's thing about criticizing Joth for SK-hunting (which was mostly directed at Ash), then scumreading e because e's role was just the sort of thing that the apparent recruiter faction would have is almost too lazy to be scummy. It also misses that e and Ash are kind of linked by e's claimed PR result on Ash, which I don't think he'd feel the need to claim as scum. That is, unless e and Ash are on the same scum/recruiter faction.

yeah well, e could theoretically claim that if he really had the cop shot and copped ash, because if/when ash flips town, we will believe e, not so much if e will say "i copped him N1' afterwards. That is basically why I vote for e and not ash.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 24, 2019, 03:55:06 am »

also i would definitely vote Robz here. I mean, IRL stuff, i get it, but somehow i have an impression that in the last like 10? games Robz heavily lurked when he was scum. I think it started after M100.

yeah, let's try this: vote: Robz

Anyway if he comes here and sees the kind of wagon on him, his reaction will be more sincere

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 24, 2019, 03:56:42 am »

vote: 2.71828.....

1-shot cop is also something I would expect useful for the guys who can't recruit scum.

oh, and we don't have any reason to believe it's 1-shot. Survivor-cult-cop is so beautifully elegant

We should talk about the fact that LaLight voted for the claimed cop and her justification is that e's claimed power makes her likely to be part of the recruiter faction (which is explicitly not scum). LaLight, why are you voting for someone you don't think is scum?

let's talk about this.

The third party who is explicitly not scum? This doesn't work. they have their own win condition. And YOU (unless you're with them) do not know it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 24, 2019, 04:00:16 am »

I see what hyper have said. But it still rubs me the wrong way. Third-parties do not work with town. maybe faust overrode this somehow, but then why wouldn't one of those third-party guys told us so? Why wouldn't hyper then convert and claim basically the same thing, but staying alive? if they are not the enemy, that is. hyper would be alive, scum would need to kill one more person. But no, hyper declined and we lose a person, who in any case would help town, being either town or so-called helping third party

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 24, 2019, 04:01:37 am »

sorry, I'm all over the place. tl;dr Hypercube could stay alive, changing alignment and still be quasitown, if and only if we believe that this third-party is non harmful for town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 24, 2019, 04:03:13 am »

oh also i remembered a thing I was thinking yesterday: WCD said that I am not acive therefore scummy, but how does this make sense if she remembers Adventure Time Mafia, where I was one of the most active members?

my level of activity has nothing to do with my alignment

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: January 24, 2019, 04:05:32 am »

I am yet to see scum!notsurvivor!WCD, but this looks like she's trying to make the case on me, without actually voting me and seeing if someone picks up on that.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 24, 2019, 04:08:05 am »

anyway, I want to stay on Robz and i encourage you to build a wagon on him when he gets back

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #647 on: January 24, 2019, 04:14:02 am »

Sure. Vote: Robz
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 24, 2019, 04:52:03 am »

I do tend to agree that the mail-mi vs joth thing looks bad for one of them, I just come down on the side of joth coming out looking worse.

I've been re-reading you. This was from post #612, and it feels like quite a retrograde step in your reasoning... what was going on with that?

Back at post #512 you'd said joth was talking you around, after your compliment on his mail-mi case at #507. You had voted for joth at #453, but then unvoted (and switched to Robz) at #568, which was all before this post saying that joth is the more suspicious one of a pair where things look really bad for one of them. Do things look even worse than that for Robz, being a nullish lurker?

Also, you used a smiley at #570, so you pretty much scum ;-)

I'm undecided, basically. I think their fight makes one of them look bad and joth comes out looking worse. But joth has down town things lately so I'm reserving judgement. But yeah if you made me pick one of them to vote for it would absolutely be joth.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:16 am »

"done town things"*.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.