Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269825 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #600 on: January 23, 2019, 08:32:17 am »

If we have a townie Green Anaander, would she maybe have the ability to rescue Hyper, or any future townies who're taken by the other coloured factions Ash posits? That would be helpful for keeping the possibility of late-game mass-die-offs in check.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 23, 2019, 08:37:00 am »

Bummed that my biggest towmread is dying at the end of the day.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 23, 2019, 08:47:02 am »

Bummed that my biggest towmread is dying at the end of the day.

Was that intentional?..
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #603 on: January 23, 2019, 08:57:06 am »

It's not an amazing case by any means. But I couldn't find a better one either.

Did you consider LaLight? On my reread she really felt like someone voting opportunistically and trying to stay off people's radars.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #604 on: January 23, 2019, 08:59:38 am »

That being said I haven't had time to go through with a fine-toothed comb and really build a case. But has she done anything that screams town to any of you?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 23, 2019, 09:08:44 am »

Did you consider LaLight? On my reread she really felt like someone voting opportunistically and trying to stay off people's radars.

I haven't had enough time to read, it was the end of Czech Mafia, a lot was going on, so I skimmed, saw something that looked like a decent case and voted. Basically that's it. I now will participate more

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 23, 2019, 09:11:39 am »

I'm not really a fan of most people not voting (including me), so I did a quick reread to try and fix that. I came to the conclusion that I should vote: mail-me.

I think her case against joth (521-522) is kind of scummy and OMGUS. A lot of it is just fluff I think rather than actual reasons why joth is scum. I also don't like her vote placement D1, she spends most of her time voting for me and joth, who I think were the two players who would most likely look like mislynches to scum.

Also her reaction to ash's shot was very null, and it seemed like she didn't really consider what it meant regarding ash's alignment until she was challenged on it.

It was less a case and more a reread that turned into a case by the end of it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 23, 2019, 09:13:37 am »

That being said I haven't had time to go through with a fine-toothed comb and really build a case. But has she done anything that screams town to any of you?

One of the things I am having a hard time processing about LL is how completely he missed the replacement, EOD extension, Asher shot, Asher quick lynch. It felt so dramatic to me when it happened, and such a game-changer...but maybe because I was in at the time? I don’t know, but it seems like the kind of oversight scum would make because why does he care how long we have when his vote is on the leading town wagon?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 23, 2019, 09:18:48 am »

actually I missed only the extension, talking about it. There is no point in saying "oh my god the shot" "oh my god the flip", because people were already talking about it and i don't feel like I can add much to the discussion

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 23, 2019, 09:21:15 am »

LL is pretty much just null to me. I'm willing to give her a pass for D1 based on being busy with Czech mafia stuff. I did think the part where she came up with a plan and then immediately realized that it was terrible was somewhat towny.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 23, 2019, 09:36:55 am »

Anyways, I'll post a reads list while things are fresh in my mind

1. SpaceAnemone: Pretty towny D1, hasn't done much D2. Nullish town overall
2. jotheonah: I'm fairly sure she's town at this point
3. LaLight: Null
4. DatSwan: Started an argument with Awa (which I thought felt like it could be staged), asks a lot of questions which don't seem particularily incisive. Nullish scum, probably where I'd be voting if I wasn't voting for mail-mi right now
5. mail-mi: Nullish scum
6. Awaclus: Townish null
7. 2.71828.....: Pretty towny. I don't like that people just agreed with her cop claim uncritically but overall I think signs point to her being town
8. WestCoastDidds: Nullish town
9. Robz888: Hasn't done much other than vote for my wagon (which is bad). Nullish scum
10. hypercube: that's me irl
11. ashersky: Town
12. Haddock: I like what I've seen so far, so I'll give her a town read for now
13. Glooble: A good number of towny posts and a decent number of scummy posts. Was on my wagon, mcmc's wagon, and ash's wagon, which is kind of scummy. Probably a townish null read but not a terrible lynch choice since lots of people have expressed opinions on her.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 23, 2019, 09:37:42 am »

LL is pretty much just null to me. I'm willing to give her a pass for D1 based on being busy with Czech mafia stuff. I did think the part where she came up with a plan and then immediately realized that it was terrible was somewhat towny.

I agree but I give LaLight just enough credit to do that on purpose as scum, especially right out of the gate. Last game we planned a little bit of D1 banter during N0.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 23, 2019, 09:46:10 am »

I'm not really a fan of most people not voting (including me), so I did a quick reread to try and fix that. I came to the conclusion that I should vote: mail-me.

I think her case against joth (521-522) is kind of scummy and OMGUS. A lot of it is just fluff I think rather than actual reasons why joth is scum. I also don't like her vote placement D1, she spends most of her time voting for me and joth, who I think were the two players who would most likely look like mislynches to scum.

Also her reaction to ash's shot was very null, and it seemed like she didn't really consider what it meant regarding ash's alignment until she was challenged on it.

What makes you so certain joth is town?

I do tend to agree that the mail-mi vs joth thing looks bad for one of them, I just come down on the side of joth coming out looking worse.

Swan is looking scummier atm, but i remember finding swan scummy in previous games too.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 23, 2019, 09:53:23 am »

Maybe it's because she keeps buddying me!

Well, mostly it's because she's been under a lot of pressure and I think she's handled it pretty well overall. She's not playing afraid of people scumreading her, which I like. I also think the cases she's built have been reasonable, and seemed to reflect town thinking.

I'm not so certain of this that I think joth is above scrutiny; certainly if mail-mi flipped town that would cause me to reevaluate my read on joth.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #614 on: January 23, 2019, 12:44:59 pm »

The only reason I'm not voting ashersky is I think he's unlikely to be scum with that power. But that leaves me thinking she's town that's playing really badly, and that doesn't sit super well with me with what I know of ashersky.

It has no bearing at this juncture, but we often discuss having vig shots directed.  But there is thecscum element there that can’t be erased. Instead, I used the flow of day and the votes.

Honestly, if I had chosen by myself, I’d have shot Glooble.

This makes zero sense to me. Ash is saying "I didn't want to have town direct my shot, because then scum would manipulate it." (so far so good). So instead, I let myself be guided by the top wagon, because clearly there's no possibility that scum is manipulating that.

(I am of course being sarcastic. There is every possibility that the largest day one wagon is on town and being manipulated by scum, in fact it's much, much more likely than not.)

Someone convince me that ashersky could be scum without the set up being broken because I badly want to vote for her.

I played a normal game on another site where scum team had 1 dayvig shot. Also maybe they should forgo the nk now. Or he’s a third party. Pick one

LaLight sure is quick to give joth a reason to vote for ash.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 23, 2019, 01:23:13 pm »

So we still have nearly a week before deadline, which is kind of nice.

request vote count

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 23, 2019, 01:49:56 pm »

It's a little disappointing that folks have fallen off, but perhaps the lack of urgency + real life will do that.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 23, 2019, 02:00:46 pm »

The only reason I'm not voting ashersky is I think he's unlikely to be scum with that power. But that leaves me thinking she's town that's playing really badly, and that doesn't sit super well with me with what I know of ashersky.

It has no bearing at this juncture, but we often discuss having vig shots directed.  But there is thecscum element there that can’t be erased. Instead, I used the flow of day and the votes.

This makes zero sense to me. Ash is saying "I didn't want to have town direct my shot, because then scum would manipulate it." (so far so good). So instead, I let myself be guided by the top wagon, because clearly there's no possibility that scum is manipulating that.

(I am of course being sarcastic. There is every possibility that the largest day one wagon is on town and being manipulated by scum, in fact it's much, much more likely than not.)

Someone convince me that ashersky could be scum without the set up being broken because I badly want to vote for her.

I played a normal game on another site where scum team had 1 dayvig shot. Also maybe they should forgo the nk now. Or he’s a third party. Pick one

LL, why did you think scum maybe should forgo the nk?
I have sigs off.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 23, 2019, 02:26:02 pm »

LL, why did you think scum maybe should forgo the nk?

What I've meant there was that they could go with a dayvig shot but then they'll be prohibited to use NK. Sorry, sometimes non-nativeness is seen

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 23, 2019, 02:26:53 pm »

yeah, because being a dayvig is not the same as being IC. All things considered it's much more suspicious that joth asked for justifying his reasons to vote for ash

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 23, 2019, 02:32:09 pm »

Maybe it's because she keeps buddying me!

Well, mostly it's because she's been under a lot of pressure and I think she's handled it pretty well overall. She's not playing afraid of people scumreading her, which I like. I also think the cases she's built have been reasonable, and seemed to reflect town thinking.

I'm not so certain of this that I think joth is above scrutiny; certainly if mail-mi flipped town that would cause me to reevaluate my read on joth.
She was definitely playing afraid earlier. All through d1 and into early d2.  Less so now maybe.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #621 on: January 23, 2019, 02:46:31 pm »

yeah, because being a dayvig is not the same as being IC. All things considered it's much more suspicious that joth asked for justifying his reasons to vote for ash

I also didn't think ash was IC (obviously I was on her wagon.) But I was mostly pointing out that you jumped in to answer joth's question minutes after he posted it. It seems, as I mentioned earlier, opportunistic. I'll buy the excuse that you were in a much more tense other game as a reason for not jumping in more. But it seems like you did jump in very quickly when you had a chance to persuade someone to be on ash's wagon.

That being said, Jonah's hedging in that exchange also comes off kinda scummy. Like he's trying to give himself deniability in the event ash turns up town.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 23, 2019, 03:15:35 pm »

i like glooble's thoughts about lalight and joth so far. Need to take some time to put my own thoughts together about non-joth, non-ash, and non-e people.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 23, 2019, 03:28:39 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

jotheonah (2): 2.71828....., mail-mi
mail-mi (2): jotheonah, hypercube
LaLight (1): Glooble
Robz888 (1): Haddock
2.71828..... (1): LaLight

Not Voting (6): SpaceAnemone, DatSwan, Awaclus, WestCoastDidds, Robz888, ashersky

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 ends on January 29, 2019, 01:00:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 23, 2019, 03:36:47 pm »

Dayvig as a scum power seems too powerful to exist in a balanced game. So I did think the shot pointed heavily toward ash being town. I didn't think about it being instead of the nightkill or a third-party.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.