Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 272080 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #525 on: January 22, 2019, 12:04:53 pm »

Ok, let's talk about SK hunting real quick.

I am pro-lynching scum and anti-lynching town. Killing a serial killer (if we have one, which I actually think we don't) is lynching scum. I'd rather lynch someone I have a strong SK-read on than someone I have a weak scum-read on.

Just statistically, SK kills are more likely to hit town. Killing a SK halves the nightkills, which gives town more time to find scum and more control over the game.

TL;DR SK-hunting is pro-town and I'm not sorry about it.

This is all pretty academic since I don't think we have an SK and ash is apparently just really bad at being a vig. But if it's the case against me mail-mi is going with, that is my defense.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 22, 2019, 12:46:11 pm »

I don't want to derail anything, but at the same time I don't see any reason to delay this, so I'm going to claim now. I don't think this should really impact how we play out the rest of the Day anyways.

I have been targeted for an alignment change. I have decided not to accept this change, and consequently I will die at the end of the Day. I have made this decision since I am a VT, and I think that publicizing this information and dying gives me a better chance of winning than does changing my alignment.

The alignment change would transfer me to a faction which is not considered an enemy of the Radch. The win condition of this faction is for all enemies of the Radch to be eliminated, and for a certain player (whose identity I do not know) to survive. This unknown player must be the only surviving Anaander Mianaai for this faction to win. I do not know if joining the faction would make me an Anaander Mianaai, or whether multiple Anaander Mianaai of different factions currently exist.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #527 on: January 22, 2019, 12:51:02 pm »

I think continuing to focus on mail-mi so much--something Joth is doing--is somewhat scummy. I've often seen mail-mi make himself into an easy target in games past, perhaps especially when town.

Trying to do a reread during my lunchbreak and this post stuck out at me. At the time Robz posts this, Awaclus is the one who is pushing mail-mi's wagon a lot harder than joth. In fact, joth has already started to back off mail-mi. Seems a little odd that Robz doesn't attack her.

someone mentioned earlier in the game that "skum just wants to make it look like they are skum hunting for credit".

asking questions like these pretty much meet that criteria imo

Vote: Awaclus

I think I glossed over this exchange back on day one, which lead to me misreading the little DatSwan/ Awaclus fight. ON rereading I kind of agree with DatSwan here, at least regarding Awalus's play in the early pages. I know people who've played with her before are saying she's just like this, but I still have a bit of a scrumread on her.

So, we will all wait for after dinner and for folks to get caught up, or maybe for a Ashersky plan

So.. is it pro-town just to wait for Ash's plan? Are you even aware of the kinds of things these Ashersky-plans of his tend to involve?

Characteristic one: he announces to the thread that he has a plan, but then waits ages to post it, building expectation. In games like this, it has a very real risk of stalling all the genuine worthwhile conversation in the thread because too many people buy into the cult of the Ashersky plan and don't want to put their own effort in when they hope someone else is going to come along and do it for them.

I think it's not very pro-town of him to do the hint-and-run routine in the first place, but it's certainly not pro-town for the rest of us to let multiple comments along the lines of "let's wait for Ashersky's plan" go by and not have at least a little rant about it ;-)

(I was going to go into more characteristics of the plans, but I'm at work, and now my breakfast-coffee is over, I need to get back to analysis of real data!)

I still mostly have a townread on Space, but at the point this post was made it kinda seems like no one was actually suggesting just waiting around for a plan? WCD, DatSwan and I all said we were eager to hear the plan, but none of us said anything I would construe as meaning "let's just sit and do nothing and wait for ash to save us." So kind of a slightly fishy comment to make?

You know who is looking really scummy this reread though? LaLight. A lot of her votes are sheepish or have minimal reasoing behind them. I don't think sheeping a vote here and there is inherently scummy, especially if someone else made a strong point, but doing it repeatedly is suspicious. See her votes for hypercube on page 6, me on page 10, and ashersky on page 17.

vote: LaLight

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 22, 2019, 12:51:18 pm »

Ok in light of this new information, e, can you confirm that ash is Radch-aligned, or did your investigative result say something along the lines of "not an enemy of the radch"? Could ash be the recruiter or some other third faction?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #529 on: January 22, 2019, 12:52:02 pm »

I don't want to derail anything, but at the same time I don't see any reason to delay this, so I'm going to claim now. I don't think this should really impact how we play out the rest of the Day anyways.

I have been targeted for an alignment change. I have decided not to accept this change, and consequently I will die at the end of the Day. I have made this decision since I am a VT, and I think that publicizing this information and dying gives me a better chance of winning than does changing my alignment.

The alignment change would transfer me to a faction which is not considered an enemy of the Radch. The win condition of this faction is for all enemies of the Radch to be eliminated, and for a certain player (whose identity I do not know) to survive. This unknown player must be the only surviving Anaander Mianaai for this faction to win. I do not know if joining the faction would make me an Anaander Mianaai, or whether multiple Anaander Mianaai of different factions currently exist.

Confused. If this is RM how can you be a VT?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 22, 2019, 12:57:02 pm »

Confused. If this is RM how can you be a VT?

Because it says so in my PM  :D

Seriously though, my understanding is that RM means "lots of roles" not necessarily "no VTs."
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Signups open!)
« Reply #531 on: January 22, 2019, 01:01:44 pm »

Setup

This is a closed setup. It contains roles with abilities designed specifically for this game as well as standard abilities. A player may have more or less than one ability. There is at least one possibility in this game for a player to change their alignment. Care has been taken to make this as balanced as possible. Noone's alignment can change without their consent.

Some roles in this game are AIs. Those may interact differently with other abilities than non-AI roles.

Checks out

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #532 on: January 22, 2019, 01:12:00 pm »

Ok cool. I thought RM meant literally everyone had a role. I guess I was wrong.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 22, 2019, 01:12:14 pm »

Interesting info coming from hypercube, I guess faust's comments about choosing alignment changing were real.

Seems a little unfair that the choice is between alignment change and death, but whatever. Is there anything else you can tell us about it hypercube?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 22, 2019, 01:14:59 pm »

Holy cow, Hyper! That’s nuts. Thanks for not joining the dark side. So, we know there is Rachaii, Aanander, and a third party. I’m assuming the Presgar translators.

Glooble, I’m feeling you on the LaLight scummy vibe. SHe’s been far less engaged than I’ve known her to be.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 22, 2019, 01:21:48 pm »

Is there anything else you can tell us about it hypercube?

The third faction could win alongside town, however if the leader dies all its members will be endgamed and die as well.

So, the third faction is a potential ally to town or a serious potential liability down the road. I'm not really sure how to approach the question of whether to hunt them or not.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 22, 2019, 01:24:45 pm »

I was scum with LaLight in the just-concluded Czech mafia game, which I assume I'm now allowed to discuss. Honestly, her play so far has been pretty similar. But I wouldn't put a ton of weight on that because I get the sense she's very good at matching her town meta as scum. Also, for day 1 she was probably putting more attention on Czech mafia, which was in LyLo.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #537 on: January 22, 2019, 01:26:10 pm »

The third faction could win alongside town, however if the leader dies all its members will be endgamed and die as well.

So, the third faction is a potential ally to town or a serious potential liability down the road. I'm not really sure how to approach the question of whether to hunt them or not.

I would say not. Play to our win-con.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 22, 2019, 01:41:26 pm »

Did it say anything about the faction winning alongside scum?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #539 on: January 22, 2019, 01:51:53 pm »

Preferably we should at least identify who the third faction are. Whether or not we should lynch them depends on the situation; survivors are beneficial for the faction that is already winning.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 22, 2019, 01:56:00 pm »

The faction has to eliminate the enemies of the Radch to win, so presumably not.
I have sigs off.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 22, 2019, 02:00:36 pm »

Ashersky is Radch-aligned.

And yeah, sounds like a very interesting survivor role for the 3rd party. Wonder if they can recruit scum too?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 22, 2019, 02:02:20 pm »

The faction has to eliminate the enemies of the Radch to win, so presumably not.

So I guess they're a survivor variant that's aligned with town. Don't think we should worry about killing them, then. If it does happen though I wouldn't be too sad.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 22, 2019, 02:02:54 pm »

So survivor-esque, not straight survivor that wins with town or scum.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 22, 2019, 02:04:15 pm »

Preferably we should at least identify who the third faction are. Whether or not we should lynch them depends on the situation; survivors are beneficial for the faction that is already winning.

If they only win with town then I think that we don't even need to try to identify them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 22, 2019, 02:05:58 pm »

My thought now is to use them to basically establish an IC each day? Accept the change in alignment, you stay alive, but we count things like lylo in light of the fact that a single NK could eliminate 2-3 or more players

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 22, 2019, 02:06:16 pm »

Haven't thought that much about it though

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 22, 2019, 02:07:05 pm »

I do appreciate hypercube's sacrifice. Learning this D2 with a flip at EoD really helps us I think. Especially if we can use it well

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #548 on: January 22, 2019, 04:35:37 pm »

My thought now is to use them to basically establish an IC each day? Accept the change in alignment, you stay alive, but we count things like lylo in light of the fact that a single NK could eliminate 2-3 or more players

Do we have any reason to believe the members of this faction just straight up die when their leader does? My assumption would be they're still in the game, they just can't win.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 22, 2019, 04:42:23 pm »

@Glooble, emphasis mine
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.