Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 272157 times)

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2019, 06:50:28 am »

My vote for cube is actually based on what looked to me at the time like a very suspicious vote for me. It seemed like she was trying to deflect the case on her that was obviously building, what with e promising a great case on cube.

That case turned out to be underwhelming though.

At the time I voted for you, E had presented her case; I didn't think it would generate a lot of discussion since it wasn't very strong and it didn't really present anything new. I thought voting for you was a good idea since you'd been posting a good amount but not in a way that was committal or was conducive to reading you. And it worked, you were compelled to produce more content that led to people forming reads on you.

E is feeling very pro-town to me partially because she’s been defending me and my wagon looks to me like it would be the easiest one for scum to push, since I’ve admittedly said some scummy things. But I admit that logic is only useful if you know I’m town, and at this point only I know that.

Well, scum also would know that you're town, so you shouldn't necessarily trust people for that reason. I'm not sure if it's a scumslip or a townslip for you to have forgotten that.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2019, 06:57:30 am »

One thing I've noticed about the game thus far is that people are very willing to defend joth. mail-mi and mcmc use my vote for joth as justification for their votes on me; E moves directly from joth to me after I vote for joth and then her case against me derails the joth wagon for good. I think this points towards joth being town? Certainly I'd think that scum would try to avoid defending their buddies so blatantly, especially since it never seemed super likely that joth would get lynched.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2019, 07:32:09 am »

I’m going to go ahead and say it: I strongly dislike the cube wagon. Everything about it feels scummy and bad. I’m going to move my vote to vote: mcmc. Not because of lurking, because of the posting she’s done since she stopped lurking.

I think describing the hypercube wagon as stalled while hypercube was the leading wagon, after saying she just caught up, is a scumslip. Someone who just caught up wouldn’t make that mistake. Someone who was reading along and not posting and decided to make an appearance when the heat started getting on them might.

I know that when I’m scum it’s hard to get myself to actually reread since I’m not actually looking for information.

Even if the mistake isn’t a scum slip, “sorry I’ve been lurking, I’m going to reread and conclude that the best lynch happens to also be the person with the most votes on her already” doesn’t look great on its own.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2019, 07:36:11 am »

That makes sense, and it’s enough for me to switch my vote.

vote: mcmcsalot

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2019, 07:39:03 am »

That’s L-3 I think.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 18, 2019, 08:24:20 am »

That sheep vote by Glooble is scummy.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #331 on: January 18, 2019, 08:27:12 am »

That sheep vote by Glooble is scummy.

I've sort of resigned myself at this point to literally everything I do being seen as scummy, regardless of my alignment. TBH its kind of freeing.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2019, 08:32:51 am »

That being said, I'll explain my vote a little more. 1. Joth's logic resonated with me. 2. Hypercube's defense of her vote on me made me less sure of my scumread on her. 3. As I already said in my previous post, I've been growing a little suspicious of the cube wagon anyway. I just thought it was the best one we had. Now I don't, so I changed my vote.

Satisfied?

He/ Him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2019, 09:04:06 am »

Vote: jotheonah
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:25 am »

He/him

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2019, 10:44:33 am »

I’m going to go ahead and say it: I strongly dislike the cube wagon. Everything about it feels scummy and bad. I’m going to move my vote to vote: mcmc. Not because of lurking, because of the posting she’s done since she stopped lurking.

I think describing the hypercube wagon as stalled while hypercube was the leading wagon, after saying she just caught up, is a scumslip. Someone who just caught up wouldn’t make that mistake. Someone who was reading along and not posting and decided to make an appearance when the heat started getting on them might.

I know that when I’m scum it’s hard to get myself to actually reread since I’m not actually looking for information.

Even if the mistake isn’t a scum slip, “sorry I’ve been lurking, I’m going to reread and conclude that the best lynch happens to also be the person with the most votes on her already” doesn’t look great on its own.

I think this is slightly an incorrect representation of what happened the hypercube wagon has stalled out. the last votes for hyper was from globle, robz and mail-mi returning early on the 16th. Discussion surrounding the wagon and votes has been very minimal despite being a leading wagon most of the day. I think my analiysis of it being a good wagon based on the fact that it has mainly been counterwagoning to try to prevent the hyper lynch instead of defenses of/from hyper (that is until recently).
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:32 am »

I think this is slightly an incorrect representation of what happened the hypercube wagon has stalled out. the last votes for hyper was from glooble, robz and mail-mi returning early on the 16th. Discussion surrounding the wagon and votes has been very minimal despite being a leading wagon most of the day. I think my analiysis of it being a good wagon based on the fact that it has mainly been counterwagoning to try to prevent the hyper lynch instead of defenses of/from hyper (that is until recently).

the exact words you used were "went away". If you had said "stalled out" I might have agreed.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 18, 2019, 11:08:03 am »

I'm at a conference until Sunday, what is our deadline? I will be around very little.

I'm still happy with my hypercube vote.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2019, 11:18:37 am »

I just reread hypercube, and I am no longer satisfied with my vote on her unvote. She hasn't really responded to the wagon on her, which is would be odd scum behavior to me. I feel like scum!hypercube would react more.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2019, 11:22:18 am »

Galzria has 8 total posts, 3 of which are pregame. His vote is still on an RVS wagon on Robz.

vote: galzria
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2019, 11:34:29 am »

I just reread hypercube, and I am no longer satisfied with my vote on her unvote. She hasn't really responded to the wagon on her, which is would be odd scum behavior to me. I feel like scum!hypercube would react more.

I actually disagree with this, town defends wagons on themselves very strongly, they don’t mind getting embroiled in controversy. Scum really wants their wagon to just die down and go away.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2019, 11:37:58 am »

the exact words you used were "went away". If you had said "stalled out" I might have agreed.

That’s reasonable, but also I think your characterization that I didn’t reread carefully is scummy is wrong. Because I was right the wagon had “slid to the background” as of recent. And no I wasn’t keeping track of where the votes were moving from where to where as I reread so I missed that despite hyper not having been voted for for a long time those votes were still lingering in the background.

Also scum mcmc doesn’t come in from a reread and casually join a wagon, he finds a scummy thing a town player did and pushes it hard.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2019, 11:45:49 am »

I actually disagree with this, town defends wagons on themselves very strongly, they don’t mind getting embroiled in controversy. Scum really wants their wagon to just die down and go away.

that's a good point, however, I still feel like she's less scummy than I at first thought. If she ends up being the lynch for the day, I'll join, but she's no longer my preferred lynch.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2019, 11:46:25 am »

that's a good point, however, I still feel like she's less scummy than I at first thought. If she ends up being the lynch for the day, I'll join, but she's no longer my preferred lynch.

Who is?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2019, 11:47:37 am »

Galzria has 8 total posts, 3 of which are pregame. His vote is still on an RVS wagon on Robz.

oh duh, this also appears to be a lurker lynch. As I said I dislike that instead of people strongly going "i don't like the hyper wagon" we are just going maybe we should lynch player x or y who has posted no content.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2019, 11:50:30 am »

oh duh, this also appears to be a lurker lynch. As I said I dislike that instead of people strongly going "i don't like the hyper wagon" we are just going maybe we should lynch player x or y who has posted no content.

he's basically a placeholder for my vote until I can do a proper reread and find someone better

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 18, 2019, 11:51:14 am »

he's basically a placeholder for my vote until I can do a proper reread and find someone better

or until someone else presents a good case. the only case I remember off the top of my head right now is the one on hypercube

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 18, 2019, 11:56:05 am »

or until someone else presents a good case. the only case I remember off the top of my head right now is the one on hypercube

How about the case on mcmcsalot I made just moments ago?

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 18, 2019, 12:01:42 pm »

Going back to what Space said earlier, I don't think in a game like this that voting for someone who isn't even trying to play is a bad idea. We learn something about how this game is going to work by seeing the flip (and we really have zero idea about how this game is going to work but having read the books I am quite certain that there is going to be some interesting twists).

When Hyper was last scum in a game I played with him (Towny mafia), he got very jumpy and defensive when we voted for him. He isn't acting like that now.  Could be he learned from that exchange (he's a smart one, that cube) or it could be that he's not scum.

I haven't got to play with town Mcmc yet....maybe this time? (also, why are you "momsalon"?) I am still town reading mail-mi, Space, and Swan.

So, in the interest of letting players play a while longer vote: Galzria
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 18, 2019, 12:27:34 pm »

How about the case on mcmcsalot I made just moments ago?

i only skimmed over it, now I'm gonna go look at it.

I'm not sure what I think about this. On the one hand, I like it, because I think it's scummy that mcmc came back right after we started putting pressure on her. I also like the last paragraph of this case.

On the other, the hyper wagon was stalling--it wasn't growing in votes or declining in votes. It was just kinda stagnant. I also still scumread you a little bit, so I don't trust this case quite as much.

conclusion: mcmc is a little scummier to me now

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.