Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269985 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: January 17, 2019, 10:01:14 am »

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends on January 20, 2019, 04:00:00 am.

Also, weekend deadline that is swiftly approaching.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2019, 10:01:55 am »

Although there is plurality lynch I suppose
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 17, 2019, 10:40:25 am »

Why is Glooble scummy? Reactions all read town to me.

I think cube and I have made the case as clearly as we know how.

Deadline plurality lynch is bad for us I think because it's (A) easy for scum to manipulate and (B) doesn't allow time for claiming (or rather, for reacting to a claim).

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:09 am »

I'm not really interested in an Ash lynch. I don't think delaying the release of a plan until late in the Day is scummy, both since it could give scum less time to react and because it means we can at least attempt to have some interactions that aren't dominated by discussion of the plan beforehand.
I have sigs off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:24 am »

I hate the wagon on Glooble, shame on all of you. For one thing, I just don't like to lynch new and returning players Day 1 unless there's a good reason (sends the wrong message!). But anyway it makes perfect sense for Glooble, who doesn't know ash plans are a typical thing, to really focus on this, as any alignment.

Alright, that’s fair.

vote: mcmc because one post in 3+ days seems out of character

Were all the votes on Glooble just because of his attitude to Ash's plan, though? Yours wasn't very well-explained, and just singled him out as the most productive place your vote could be, which isn't very enlightening for the rest of us. hyper's vote is the one that appeared to be explicitly because Glooble was promoting stalling while waiting for Ash. LL's was totally unexplained. So I'm not sure quite what your "that's fair" comment is agreeing with in Robz's statement.

I also don't feel the hyper wagon, because I approve of setup-reading, and think it's something an analytical player is quite likely to do. Am I right in remembering that hyper leans that sort of way?

I think a pressure vote on mcmc isn't a terrible thing right now. Vote: mcmc

Sorry, Space, I was in a hurry and not terribly inspired, but didn't want to keep not having a vote anywhere.  You are correct that it was not very helpful.

I voted for Glooble because in the Mail-mi, Hyper, Joth, Glooble conversations he was coming off to me as the most defensive. The plan or not thing wasn't terribly interesting, although I agree with DatSwan that announcing a plan but not presenting one is a rather distracting move and in light of how much time we spent talking about it for naught, that seems right. So, Asher isn't looking so good in my book even if she always does this. (As you correctly point out, I don't have a lot of experience with her)

As for why I changed my vote from Robz's comment, I had sympathy for the we shouldn't recruit players to return and then lynch them for their trouble right out of the gate. Although in fairness, the vote was more for seeing how he responds to pressure than it was about a lynch. (The answer to that is that I find him defensive, but not flailing.)

I am still of the opinion that Mcmc is skeevy for just not playing at all. And if she's not scum, I am quite certain that at the very least, she will not be missed.

Oh yeah....the 4 am (3 am for me) Saturday deadline. I am most definitely not around at that time. So, perhaps we think of Friday as the deadline for practical purposes. Or, I will at least.

DatSwan, how has Australia been? When will you get on the monster flight home and be out of commission for many hours?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #280 on: January 17, 2019, 11:02:22 am »

My problem with the mcmc lynch is that lynching a lurker tells us nothing. If she's scum that's fine, but if she's town, we have no wagons to analyze or anything like that. We are essentially back at day one (aside from night actions of course.)

But if she doesn't show up and start participating, I suppose I'll support that wagon.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 17, 2019, 11:03:16 am »

Ashersky is being ashersky, I'm completely null on her right now

Still liking hypercube, maybe glooble (also very willing to give day 1 pass) and would definitely go for mcmc, if only for lurking. Also willing to go back to joth.

I'm still super busy with homework and stuff, we'll see if I can pull together a reads post sometime soon.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #282 on: January 17, 2019, 11:07:53 am »

Also I echo the need for a soft deadline of some sort. I will certainly be asleep when the real deadline hits.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 17, 2019, 11:10:10 am »

I should be around until at least an hour or two before deadline, would be willing to hammer almost anyone if necessary.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 17, 2019, 11:15:19 am »

request prods on mcmc, Galz
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #285 on: January 17, 2019, 11:16:49 am »

I should be around until at least an hour or two before deadline, would be willing to hammer almost anyone if necessary.

I guess if we get to that point and it looks like I'm the lynch I'll say my piece before I go to bed. Only thing is if my piece convinces ya'll not to lynch me we might end up in a bind.

Ditto for just about anyone we might choose.

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2019, 11:19:18 am »

I'll be around for at least 30 mins or so before the deadline.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2019, 11:21:51 am »

In any case we still have tomorrow before the people who only post during work hours disappear. I'm not going to start moving my vote to somewhere I'm not happy with it right now.
I have sigs off.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2019, 01:35:08 pm »

I think a pressure vote on mcmc isn't a terrible thing right now. Vote: mcmc

Sorry, Space, I was in a hurry and not terribly inspired, but didn't want to keep not having a vote anywhere.  You are correct that it was not very helpful.

Did you misread me there? I think the pressure vote is not a terrible thing, meaning I think it's reasonable.That's why I joined you on the wagon :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2019, 01:39:42 pm »

Oh yeah....the 4 am (3 am for me) Saturday deadline. I am most definitely not around at that time. So, perhaps we think of Friday as the deadline for practical purposes. Or, I will at least.

The deadline is 4am Forum Time on the 20th, which is Sunday morning. I can see that with participation dropping at weekends, it might be handy to have an imaginary deadline on Friday night, but your text appears to be presenting the actual deadline as being overnight Friday-to-Saturday, but it's essentially late Saturday night for most people.

This is not to say that we shouldn't pick up the pace... just that nobody should use the shortness of time till deadline as an excuse for bad rushed play if there's actually 24 hours more than you think...
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2019, 01:46:18 pm »

My problem with the mcmc lynch is that lynching a lurker tells us nothing. If she's scum that's fine, but if she's town, we have no wagons to analyze or anything like that.

I strongly disagree with this.

Firstly, it probably tells us something about what other roles are out there. This is more useful for town than for scum, because right now we (probably?) each only have one datapoint to go on to build up a framework of how the game works, and a second point is a 100% improvement. Less so for scum, because they probably already know each other's roles too.

Secondly, we already have wagons to look at, and flips on later days will let us look at people who're voting together or avoiding being on the same wagons. The only downside is that mcmc hasn't voted at all, which is just really bad town play from him. That hinders voting analysis whether or not we flip him now.

Thirdly, if mcmc is lurking this badly, we remove him from the game and leave more active players who give us better wagon analysis, more interactions and more gameplay. Scum isn't going to take him out for us if he's leaving himself as a big unknown, and he's really not a player town wants alive at lylo if he's not someone we can form opinions of... so if we don't have strong scumreads on active players, then mcmc is a great place for a good towny vote to go.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2019, 01:59:08 pm »

Oh! 4 am Sunday! Good catch. Still super early/late in the day, but not as early in the weekend.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2019, 02:00:27 pm »

Space's explanation of the value of Mcmc lynch is Super Town

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2019, 02:06:58 pm »

Space's explanation of the value of Mcmc lynch is Super Town

I agree that it makes a lot of sense. I wasn't convinced of the utility before, but now I'm going to vote: mcmc since it seems like the Glooble wagon isn't getting there today.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2019, 02:36:33 pm »

How often does LAL actually hit scum though?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2019, 03:32:59 pm »

My problem with the mcmc lynch is that lynching a lurker tells us nothing. If she's scum that's fine, but if she's town, we have no wagons to analyze or anything like that.

I strongly disagree with this.

Firstly, it probably tells us something about what other roles are out there. This is more useful for town than for scum, because right now we (probably?) each only have one datapoint to go on to build up a framework of how the game works, and a second point is a 100% improvement. Less so for scum, because they probably already know each other's roles too.

Secondly, we already have wagons to look at, and flips on later days will let us look at people who're voting together or avoiding being on the same wagons. The only downside is that mcmc hasn't voted at all, which is just really bad town play from him. That hinders voting analysis whether or not we flip him now.

Thirdly, if mcmc is lurking this badly, we remove him from the game and leave more active players who give us better wagon analysis, more interactions and more gameplay. Scum isn't going to take him out for us if he's leaving himself as a big unknown, and he's really not a player town wants alive at lylo if he's not someone we can form opinions of... so if we don't have strong scumreads on active players, then mcmc is a great place for a good towny vote to go.

^^ I like this a lot

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #296 on: January 17, 2019, 03:39:31 pm »

I'm ready to vote for mcmc if she hasn't popped in again by Saturday night. Space's logic is sound, I still think it doesn't give us nearly as much to go on day 2 as if they'd been participating. But the value of an active contributor still being alive is probably greater than the value of having another player of confirmed alignment whose day 1 play we can scrutinize, which is something I admit I didn't factor in.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2019, 04:53:58 pm »

Basically never. Scum!mcmc (hate to say it) doesn't lurk this hard

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2019, 05:53:59 pm »

Basically never. Scum!mcmc (hate to say it) doesn't lurk this hard

This is correct. When momsalon rolls scum, he is into the game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2019, 05:55:20 pm »

Deadline is Sunday evening for me, so I don’t foresee any problems being around.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.