Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269917 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2019, 01:48:47 am »

So what is everyone's preferred pronoun?

Mine is he/him

I don't particularly have a preferred pronoun but I'm male so he/him is technically correct.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2019, 03:21:16 am »

If the deadline is hit without a player reaching the majority of votes, the player that would take the least number of additional votes to lynch dies. If there is a tie, a town player dies before a non-town player. Otherwise, who dies is determined randomly.

The wording "the player that would take the least number of additional votes to lynch dies" seems non-standard and suggests that there's going to be something strange going on with voting.

I've been thinking about that. I think hated/loved is in play considering the wording? Other than that it's pretty strange about town player duing before non-town one.

faust, will it be possible to differ the "town player before non-town dies" or if it is a coin flip? I mean if two people have the same amount of votes, will it be possible to recognize if the one who would be lynched is a town and the second is a non-town or if that was a coin flip?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2019, 03:23:03 am »

Addition to the previous question:if one of the player is Hated and is lynched because of that, will you point to that in some way?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2019, 03:24:47 am »

oh, and also vote: hypercube for reading the setup

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2019, 03:37:25 am »

Vote Count 1.1

Galzria (2): Glooble, Awaclus
Robz888 (1): Galzria
mail-mi (2): SpaceAnemone, jotheonah
jotheonah (3): Robz888, 2.71828....., hypercube
hypercube (2): mail-mi, LaLight

Not Voting (4): DatSwan, WestCoastDidds, mcmcsalot, ashersky

WIth 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends on January 20, 2019, 04:00:00 am.

faust, will it be possible to differ the "town player before non-town dies" or if it is a coin flip? I mean if two people have the same amount of votes, will it be possible to recognize if the one who would be lynched is a town and the second is a non-town or if that was a coin flip?
No.

Addition to the previous question:if one of the player is Hated and is lynched because of that, will you point to that in some way?
No.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2019, 04:33:33 am »

ok then

should we just wagon two or more players that are the scummiest every day, so we will have a bit of extra info?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2019, 04:34:29 am »

screw that, it's a bad idea

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2019, 07:27:21 am »

I don’t love any of these new wagons that are forming, but my Galz vote was more or less completely random and now I have better options. Hypercube, I’m leaning towards changing my vote to you right now. Would you care to explain your vote for joth and your “wagons are good” comment? It seems to me that rushing a wagon at this point makes a lot more sense if you’re scum.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2019, 07:41:30 am »

I don’t love any of these new wagons that are forming, but my Galz vote was more or less completely random and now I have better options. Hypercube, I’m leaning towards changing my vote to you right now. Would you care to explain your vote for joth and your “wagons are good” comment? It seems to me that rushing a wagon at this point makes a lot more sense if you’re scum.

I thought Robz's point about joth jumping on mail-mi for something that scum probably doesn't need to do (pushing a flavour claim) was reasonable, and I wanted to move off of my jokey vote on Space.

Wagons are good for several reasons: they lead to the player being wagoned defending themselves, which gives more information as to their alignment, they give us a record of people's opinions which will be useful once we have some flips, and they move the game along out of the fluffy early part.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2019, 07:47:14 am »

I use he/him pronouns but if you want to really get into the flavour and use feminine ones for me that's fine.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2019, 08:16:54 am »

What do you mean by this? Is this just an early random vote?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2019, 08:38:23 am »

Happy Monday, friends! I hope it’s a great week!

Lalight (or anyone), can you tell me what hates/loved means? Also, twinclaim? Thank you!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2019, 08:45:05 am »

Happy Monday, friends! I hope it’s a great week!

Lalight (or anyone), can you tell me what hates/loved means? Also, twinclaim? Thank you!

If someone is hated, they take 1 less vote to lynch. It's the opposite with someone who is loved

Twinclaim means that 2 or more people know each other in real life.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2019, 08:45:47 am »

In my experience scum is more inclined to read the setup thoroughly to not accidentally show they have more information than other people

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2019, 09:03:41 am »

Vote: Jotheonah

This felt like pouncing on mail-mi for something that might very well be wrong but was not especially likely to come from scum. (Town needs no help tricking itself into mass claiming.)

When does scum ever actually do this? Scum doesn't need to pounce at this juncture. Scum just needs to wait for a good-looking town wagon and slide onboard.

Well, scum wants to look like they're.scumhunting.

vote: joth

vote: hypercube

This is exactly the position scum wants to be on the wagon. Voting for someone who already has votes, and turning a couple votes into an actual wagon

I know that didn't make much sense, I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. I hope you (meaning the general populus)understands what I'm trying to say

What do people think of this post from mail-mi? Specifically, responding to a vote on himself by voting for the person who's voting for him?

To me it kind of reinforces my scumread, though I can't quite say why.

Like I actually don't think the point he's making is bad. But it's a really interesting way to respond to a vote on him and an immediate wagon on the person who voted for him.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2019, 09:04:37 am »

In my experience scum is more inclined to read the setup thoroughly to not accidentally show they have more information than other people

If I was scum I doubt I would have pointed that out. I'm well aware that I'm not going to be getting any town points for doing so.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:59 am »

This felt like pouncing on mail-mi for something that might very well be wrong but was not especially likely to come from scum. (Town needs no help tricking itself into mass claiming.)

When does scum ever actually do this? Scum doesn't need to pounce at this juncture. Scum just needs to wait for a good-looking town wagon and slide onboard.

This is exactly the position scum wants to be on the wagon. Voting for someone who already has votes, and turning a couple votes into an actual wagon

I know that didn't make much sense, I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. I hope you (meaning the general populus)understands what I'm trying to say

What do people think of this post from mail-mi? Specifically, responding to a vote on himself by voting for the person who's voting for him?

Like I actually don't think the point he's making is bad. But it's a really interesting way to respond to a vote on him and an immediate wagon on the person who voted for him.

I also thought it was a strange reaction; I'm not sure what to think of mail-mi at this point. Trying to discourage wagons from forming feels like it could just be anti-town town play.
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2019, 09:25:58 am »

Well this has been enlightening. I have to go do work away from my computer, I'll check in at lunch if I have time, in the meantime,

vote:mail-mi

He/ Him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2019, 09:29:30 am »

Vote: hypercube

I like joth's reaction, let's change up a bit
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2019, 09:36:27 am »

I also thought it was a strange reaction; I'm not sure what to think of mail-mi at this point. Trying to discourage wagons from forming feels like it could just be anti-town town play.

I’m having a hard time following because we seem to be talking in a circle. Mail-mi seems to be saying that scum can take advantage of wagons. Well,obvi.

But I’m not sure wagons are anti-town because of all the reasons that they provide good info.

The votes coming out of this discussion seem a bit meh to me, though. More odd attempted articulations of some not terribly important points, it seems to me. Similarly, I’m not finding hyper scummy for reading the set up carefully. I think as a relative newb, I read carefully so that I can make sure I understand what is going on and since I am even more unaccustomed to closed games, that kind of thing feels important to me. so, what he’s doing makes sense to me and reminding us all of the plurality seems pro-town.  I’d find it way more suspicious if he was one of the more experienced players.

Speaking of, more experienced players....where you at?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2019, 09:51:28 am »

I'm not necessarily discouraging wagons from forming (for example, I'm currently enjoying the wagon on you), I just think you decided to place yourself on a particularly scummy place on said wagon. Is my scum read on you particularly strong? No, but it's early day 1, so it's something to go on.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:04 am »

I’m having a hard time following because we seem to be talking in a circle. Mail-mi seems to be saying that scum can take advantage of wagons. Well,obvi.

But I’m not sure wagons are anti-town because of all the reasons that they provide good info.

The votes coming out of this discussion seem a bit meh to me, though. More odd attempted articulations of some not terribly important points, it seems to me. Similarly, I’m not finding hyper scummy for reading the set up carefully. I think as a relative newb, I read carefully so that I can make sure I understand what is going on and since I am even more unaccustomed to closed games, that kind of thing feels important to me. so, what he’s doing makes sense to me and reminding us all of the plurality seems pro-town.  I’d find it way more suspicious if he was one of the more experienced players.

Speaking of, more experienced players....where you at?

Yeah I always try to read the setup, especially in an RMM game (and especially especially in a Faust RMM game). So that's not a point for or against hypercube

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2019, 09:53:23 am »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2019, 01:48:47 pm »

I recall mail-mi as sort of a stream of consciousness voter.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2019, 02:37:19 pm »

^^what robz said. I say what I think

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.