Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269992 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2019, 07:01:32 pm »

Townread on space. I remember him usually doing all this setup and stuff like this as town

Or maybe it's just a spaceread on space.

Man, this is such a crappy wagon. Let's join a different one.

Vote: Galzria

ok vote: galzria
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2019, 07:14:35 pm »

I have zero knowledge of the flavor and won't learn it.

The disclaimer about alignment switches makes me think we will have them, somehow. I think it's something faust would enjoy trying to do and figure out how to make it balanced. Some kind of cult mechanic isn't crazy either, though. Maybe scum can recruit?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 07:17:57 pm »

I remember him usually doing all this setup and stuff like this as town

Okay, let's get this out of the way: I AM NOT, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN, A "HE"!!! Sorry for being shouty, but while you've been gone, the whole forum has got a lot more progressive about respecting people's gender presentation and pronouns, and I'd really like to keep that progress!

My preferred pronoun is they/them, and it's even in my sig line to help people remember. I'll settle for she/her in general, and especially for this game, since it's very in keeping for the flavour.

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2019, 07:20:46 pm »

I remember him usually doing all this setup and stuff like this as town

Okay, let's get this out of the way: I AM NOT, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN, A "HE"!!! Sorry for being shouty, but while you've been gone, the whole forum has got a lot more progressive about respecting people's gender presentation and pronouns, and I'd really like to keep that progress!

My preferred pronoun is they/them, and it's even in my sig line to help people remember. I'll settle for she/her in general, and especially for this game, since it's very in keeping for the flavour.
WOOPS sorry about that.

Townread on space, I remember her doing this setup stuff as town
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2019, 07:28:59 pm »

Actually, Vote: mail-mi

While it might sound like pronoun-omgus, I've just realised that I haven't been doing setup stuff at all, so characterizing me as having done so is weird. I've talked about the flavour, because it's something I like, and about timezones because it's something I'm generally conscious of as someone who's not on the American continent.

I haven't really begun posting my thoughts on how the game mechanics and real set-up stuff might go, because the stuff I've thought of doesn't really fit with a anything I'd see as a balanced game.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2019, 07:29:27 pm »

it's even in my sig line to help people remember.

To be fair, the way you have it in your sig mostly just makes it look like you modded the Pronouns: they/them mafia.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2019, 07:34:23 pm »

Actually, Vote: mail-mi

While it might sound like pronoun-omgus, I've just realised that I haven't been doing setup stuff at all, so characterizing me as having done so is weird. I've talked about the flavour, because it's something I like, and about timezones because it's something I'm generally conscious of as someone who's not on the American continent.

I haven't really begun posting my thoughts on how the game mechanics and real set-up stuff might go, because the stuff I've thought of doesn't really fit with a anything I'd see as a balanced game.

By "set up" stuff I was talking about flavor and time zones, along with the game set up. Honestly it's a closed game so there's not much actual set up stuff we can do

Actually for those that know flavor, would a flavor claim be good? Or not

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2019, 07:43:22 pm »

vote: mail-mi

Mass claims on day one are always a bad idea.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2019, 07:59:39 pm »

Vote: Jotheonah

This felt like pouncing on mail-mi for something that might very well be wrong but was not especially likely to come from scum. (Town needs no help tricking itself into mass claiming.)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2019, 08:19:25 pm »

This felt like pouncing on mail-mi for something that might very well be wrong but was not especially likely to come from scum. (Town needs no help tricking itself into mass claiming.)

I can sheep that vote.

Vote: jotheonah
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2019, 08:21:07 pm »

ah, a day 1 wagon on me. some things never change

You're probably right. I guess a better question would be, are there obvious flavor names that would be scum?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2019, 08:21:21 pm »

Also unvote

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2019, 08:24:10 pm »

When does scum ever actually do this? Scum doesn't need to pounce at this juncture. Scum just needs to wait for a good-looking town wagon and slide onboard.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2019, 08:25:08 pm »

You're probably right. I guess a better question would be, are there obvious flavor names that would be scum?

There are probably obvious scum flavors, but I doubt that the game would be designed in such a way that a mass claim would out scum on D1.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2019, 08:26:07 pm »

I suspect scum has been given fake claims if their flavor would give them away.

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2019, 08:31:12 pm »

There are probably obvious scum flavors, but I doubt that the game would be designed in such a way that a mass claim would out scum on D1.

You are also probably right. Worth a suggestion, at least.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2019, 08:57:04 pm »

When does scum ever actually do this? Scum doesn't need to pounce at this juncture. Scum just needs to wait for a good-looking town wagon and slide onboard.

Well, scum wants to look like they're.scumhunting.

vote: joth
I have sigs off.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2019, 09:07:20 pm »

vote: hypercube

This is exactly the position scum wants to be on the wagon. Voting for someone who already has votes, and turning a couple votes into an actual wagon

I know that didn't make much sense, I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. I hope you (meaning the general populus)understands what I'm trying to say

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2019, 09:10:33 pm »

This is exactly the position scum wants to be on the wagon. Voting for someone who already has votes, and turning a couple votes into an actual wagon

I know that didn't make much sense, I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words. I hope you (meaning the general populus)understands what I'm trying to say

Wagons are good, I will proudly take my place as the person who turned a couple of votes into a wagon.
I have sigs off.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2019, 09:11:31 pm »

Wagons are good, I will proudly take my place as the person who turned a couple of votes into a wagon.

good to know

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2019, 09:23:53 pm »

@Hyper- Thanks for the reminder about the plurality things and the anti-town tie vote resolution. It does seem unusual and worth noting but it’s buried in the start up text.

Yes, everyone is a she this game! Hooray!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2019, 10:54:20 pm »

1. SpaceAnemone - I've played with you before.
2. jotheonah - I've played with you before too.
3. LaLight - you're cool
4. DatSwan - no idea
5. mail-mi - is the best
6. Awaclus - I've played with you before
7. 2.71828..... - hi e, I'm in a math class right now
8. WestCoastDidds - no idea
9. Robz888 - is scum
10. hypercube - no idea
11. mcmcsalot - is Robz's brother, was new the same time I was new (Remember that first newbie game?)
12. ashersky - good old ash, good to see you again. What's your plan?
13. Galzria - I might have played with you? I think you modded the pirates game
14. Glooble - don't think I've ever played with you.

So, WestCoast, DatSwan, hypercube, and Glooble, what's your mafia playing experience?

Galz got me hooked almost 2 years back now i guess (maybe a year and a half). I think i have played about a dozen on fds.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2019, 10:58:09 pm »

So what is everyone's preferred pronoun?

Mine is he/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2019, 10:59:20 pm »

I am he/ him and also editing my previous post - evidently more like 20 games on fds.... oh how time flies
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2019, 01:30:08 am »

So what is everyone's preferred pronoun?

Mine is he/him

I don't particularly have a preferred pronoun but I'm male so he/him is technically correct.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.709 seconds with 20 queries.