Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Posession and projects  (Read 1486 times)

Umadin

• Steward
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
Posession and projects
« on: December 14, 2018, 07:22:00 pm »

In the past I would assume that if I was possessing a player and purchased a project  that I would be purchasing the project for that player,  which they would keep the rest of the game.   However since the Eratta for  possession seems to have the spirit of intention with coin tokens and debt tokens that you get them, and this feels valid so you can’t muck up another players strategy too much.

But is this the case with projects? Simply put if I’m possessing a player and buy a project am I getting that project or are they getting that project?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:29:21 pm by Umadin »

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
Re: Posession and projects
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 07:28:25 pm »

In the past I would assume that if I was possessing a player and purchased a project  that I would be purchasing the project for that player,  which they would keep the rest of the game.   However since the Eratta for  possession seems to have the spirit of intention with coin tokens and debt tokens that you get them, and this feels valid so you can’t muck up another players strategy too much.

But is this the case with projects? Simply put if I’m possessing a player and buy a project am I getting that project or are they getting that project?
Possession now only makes an exception for debt tokens; no other tokens are affected. So if you possess someone and make them buy a project, that's them buying the project for themselves.

Umadin

• Steward
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 07:35:33 pm »

Holy hell lol I just played a game with cathedral and posession.  We house rules not to but Player to my left had a small deck and when I posessed him I realized I could have him buy cathedral twice and in a turn or two he would pretty much have no deck.  Brutal.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:35 pm »
+4

Holy hell lol I just played a game with cathedral and posession.  We house rules not to but Player to my left had a small deck and when I posessed him I realized I could have him buy cathedral twice and in a turn or two he would pretty much have no deck.  Brutal.

You can't buy any project more than once per game. It has to be two different projects that you buy, and you can't move the cubes once they are placed on the projects.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 05:14:07 pm »

As markusin says, you can only buy each Project once. Also, on Possession turns any cards trashed get set aside until the end of turn (which can cause them to miss shuffles, etc) so at worst Cathedral will work just as often as usual - once on each of their own turns they will trash a card.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 10:17:29 pm »
+1

As markusin says, you can only buy each Project once. Also, on Possession turns any cards trashed get set aside until the end of turn (which can cause them to miss shuffles, etc) so at worst Cathedral will work just as often as usual - once on each of their own turns they will trash a card.

Forcing a Cathedral buy is still an interesting tactic potentially.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.