Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question from newbie  (Read 2105 times)

boardgametheories.com

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Question from newbie
« on: December 13, 2018, 11:39:22 am »
+4

Hi all,

Supercool that this forum exists! I've been reading the website for a while now and am happy to be able to share some of my own thoughts on Dominion too now!

I also have my own website about board game strategies and I actually write about Dominion a lot. What are the rules about reposting such content here? Can I post an article here, can I link to the original article, etc.

My intention is not to only promote my own stuff btw, I want to engage in this forum but I'm inevitably gonna want to refer to something I already wrote somewhere else sometimes. And also I would really like your opinions on some of my articles.

Thanks and happy to meet you!

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: Question from newbie
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:48:34 pm »
+3

Welcome to the forums!

I would say that usually it is fine to post links so long as the thing you are referring to is not for-profit. I checked out your site (there's some nice stuff there), and it seems that there are links for buying the discussed game on Amazon at the end of each article, which I would assume means that you get something from Amazon and make some sort of profit.

I'm not sure how to best handle it. In the end the decision of whether to classify this as advertising lies with the forum admin, theory.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

boardgametheories.com

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:25:37 am »

Aah ok thanks. The links indeed generate revenue if people buy products through them.

I guess I'll just try to engage with the forum in a non-obnoxious way and see how the admins respond to my links.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 02:24:59 pm »

And also I would really like your opinions on some of my articles.

General Discussion is the place for getting discussion going on any Dominion topic you would like. If you would like feedback on articles you write, the Articles Subforum is the place to put them. Original content usually gets the best response. From time to time there has been cross-posting between here and other places, like Reddit, for example, with mixed response. Not sure how links to blogs that generate revenue should be handled. If it's literally just a link to posts to promote your site, it might actually be best posted in Advertisements.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 04:51:12 pm »
+1

Incidentally, even if it's not actually disallowed, I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that advertising your commercial website in your username is in slightly poor taste.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.