Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Haggler+Black Market  (Read 2302 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
Haggler+Black Market
« on: March 06, 2012, 09:27:46 pm »

If I play a black market with with two hagglers in play and I flip a card costing 5 and two cards costing 4 if I buy the card from the black market costing 5 CAN I gain the cards costing 4? IE Does black market fully resolve or does haggler interrupt. Thanks in advance!

Edit: The 2 cards costing 4 I'm wanting to gain are from the black market
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:40:18 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
Re: Haggler+Black Market
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:00 pm »

I would say no. Haggler can only gain cards from the supply.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Catalytic

• Steward
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »

I would agree with Robz.

The verbiage of the Black Market card would suggest this: "You may buy one of them immediately.  Put the unbought cards on the bottom of the Black Market deck in any order."  The wording suggests that cards from the Black Market deck can only be bought.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:02:20 am »
+1

What they said, but I say it with 100% confidence. There is no way you can ever get more than one of the three cards you reveal from the BM deck each play because BM itself only allows you to buy one of them and there is no other card in the game that allows you to gain from anywhere other than the supply*.

*Usual exceptions apply: Thief and NB allow you to gain from the trash and Tournament allows you to gain from the selection of prizes. Neither of these places allow for "the two cards you just revealed from the BM deck but didn't buy".

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:59:29 am »

Thanks for the replies. I checked on isotropic solitaire and it agrees with what you guys are saying. My confusion comes from the fact that haggler doesn't actually say from supply so I thought it might interrupt the black market resolution and it does, but you can only gain one from the supply (at least on isotropic) Once haggler resolves the cards go to the bottom. Thanks again.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 04:04:42 pm »

Thanks for the replies. I checked on isotropic solitaire and it agrees with what you guys are saying. My confusion comes from the fact that haggler doesn't actually say from supply

When you gain a card, unless otherwise explicitly specified, it comes from the supply.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.