Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Dominion Wild Lands  (Read 28797 times)

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Wild Lands
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2018, 09:12:38 pm »

Yes but hippo is also an attack card. And all official reactions are reactions. I’m the only one that has made attack reactions. Yeti in my snowline thread for example. So since it’s different I decided to make it different in color as well. After all shemitz allows you to make your own custom colors.

So until there’s an official attack-reaction Card, I’ll be keeping it this color. If the creator of dominion creates one, I will definitely change it to match.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 10:24:27 pm by ClouduHieh »

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2018, 09:16:06 pm »

I din't realize there wasn't attack reactions.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2018, 10:23:24 pm »

Yeah I don’t of any that exist anyway. So check out yeti in my snowline thread it is also white/blue. It is also a little different, it has an attack, but the reaction is also an attack.

And in my guilds and cornucopia thread there is another attack-Reaction called Firth guild.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2018, 01:44:23 am »

Even though there both (attacks) dangerous animals. The hippopotamus can block the Nile crocodile. Which is thematic because regardless of how powerful crocodiles are. there afraid of a bull hippopotamus.

LittleFish

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2018, 07:59:07 am »

does it mean cheaper than the card discarded, or cheaper than cannabal?

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2018, 08:19:29 am »

Nile Crocodile is overpowered, I guess. It can gain anything, even a Colony. You should say "one of the trashed cards".

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 08:34:38 am »

Nile Crocodile is overpowered, I guess. It can gain anything, even a Colony. You should say "one of the trashed cards".
It can only gain a Colony if somebody else has previously trashed a Colony via a different card. Crocodile cannot trash Victory cards.

I don't think it is that strong. Sure, you have to test it and it might be best at $5 but it is not crazy as there is rarely non-Victory stuff that costs more than 6 whereas there is a lot of non-Estates junk that costs less than 3. So relative to Knights this will often help the opponents. Sure, later in the game you can trash&gain, like 2 Rogues in one, but note that the very presence of Crocodile incentivzes you to (if this is feasible) thin less and sift more.

I think that this is the most interesting trashing Attack that CouduHieh has posted so far as it differs significantly from existing cards.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2018, 09:09:34 am »

Not to mention there may be more than one card discarded. Does it mean cheaper than all cards discarded? Any one of them? Cannibal itself? Also, "from the supply" can be dropped.

Freddy10

• Thief
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2018, 09:49:07 am »
+2

Yes but hippo is also an attack card. And all official reactions are reactions. I’m the only one that has made attack reactions. Yeti in my snowline thread for example. So since it’s different I decided to make it different in color as well. After all shemitz allows you to make your own custom colors.

So until there’s an official attack-reaction Card, I’ll be keeping it this color. If the creator of dominion creates one, I will definitely change it to match.

But there are action-attack-duration cards, like enchantress and bridge troll, and they aren't white-orange.
Who trashes the trashers?

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2018, 10:30:51 am »

Yeah I know that there are durations that attacks but still orange. The main reason why I want it white blue is because I want everyone to just by looking at it from afar that this is unusual reaction. And the only way to do that is to add a color, and the main reason white was chosen is because attack was originally chosen as the same color as action. Plus it looks really cool on my yeti! Almost all of my cards are now in the first page of snowline thread. You guys should take a look at that thread if you haven’t seen that one yet. Its got a lot reserves and durations along with a new type called defeat. (Opposite of victory)

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2018, 10:34:37 am »

Yes if I chose to discard a province with cannabal I could get to golds. I am losing the cannibal after all so I’m getting to attack if there’s other players it might be more devastating for the other 2 players, but I’d also replace a cannibal with gold and get another gold for my troubles.

Still the odds that it would hit a player would be towards the end of game. The best choice would still be a gold, assuming there was at least one other 5$ costing card.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:40:49 am by ClouduHieh »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 11:42:25 am »

Once again you won’t need monsoon season in order to play with watering hole. Also when playing with wild lands you should randomly choose a biome before the kingdom cards in the supply.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 12:07:51 pm »

Without the "discard a card" part, Watering Hole would be probably a slightly weaker version of Poacher... the option to gain a Silver is the only thing it does that Poacher doesn't; and if you don't have at least 3 differently named cards in hand; it's really bad. So making you discard a card first, especially if Monsoon Season is not in the game, makes it way too weak... it might actually be balanced at ; it's similar to Pawn.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2018, 03:32:53 pm »

I actually based it off of oasis.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2018, 06:06:27 pm »

It can only gain a Colony if somebody else has previously trashed a Colony via a different card. Crocodile cannot trash Victory cards.

I don't think it is that strong. Sure, you have to test it and it might be best at $5 but it is not crazy as there is rarely non-Victory stuff that costs more than 6 whereas there is a lot of non-Estates junk that costs less than 3. So relative to Knights this will often help the opponents. Sure, later in the game you can trash&gain, like 2 Rogues in one, but note that the very presence of Crocodile incentivzes you to (if this is feasible) thin less and sift more.

I think that this is the most interesting trashing Attack that CouduHieh has posted so far as it differs significantly from existing cards.
Play with Remodel, Swindler, Salvager, Apprentice, or a kind of thing. Although you use Crocodile and one of them is rare (around 15%), its pover governs the game.

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2018, 12:36:23 pm »

Play with Remodel, Swindler, Salvager, Apprentice, or a kind of thing. Although you use Crocodile and one of them is rare (around 15%), its pover governs the game.
Remodel and Salvage only trash Provinces or Colonies in the endgame for tempo reasons. Apprentice and Province/Colony seems pretty borderline so only Swindler is a thing. I don't think that this warrants restricting Crocodile from only gained trashed cards instead of cards from the trash which seems more fun due to a potentially larger selection in multiplayer.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2018, 01:20:09 pm »

Yeah I don't really see how Remodelling Province to Province then regaining the Province is much different from Remodelling Gold to Province and regaining the Gold.

LittleFish

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2018, 09:40:47 am »

Not to mention there may be more than one card discarded. Does it mean cheaper than all cards discarded? Any one of them? Cannibal itself? Also, "from the supply" can be dropped.
I reposted the question because I don't think anybody saw this.

Also, the "from the supply" is important so you can't gain Travellers or Spirit cards.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2018, 10:27:08 am »

Right. You can’t gain red panda for instance with the cannibal.

LittleFish

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2018, 12:47:09 pm »

Can someone answer this?

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2018, 01:31:53 pm »

Well with cannibal I was planning on it meaning cheaper than the card that was trashed, hence cannibal.

However what do you guys think, would it be interesting or too wonky or too powerful if it meant cheaper than the highest costing card discarded? Which could mean discard your platinum and I gain 2 provinces.

Or do you guys prefer my original plan, so you can’t use it to gain another cannibal or a gold.

LittleFish

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2018, 04:20:13 pm »

Make cannibal cost or and make it be less than the discarded card

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2018, 05:34:37 pm »

What does everyone else think If cannibal costed $8 or $7 to gain cheaper cards than a discarded card?

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2018, 06:39:50 pm »
+1

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2018, 11:25:06 pm »

I really like this idea - Bridge but cheaper and weaker. The Treasure-discarding thing is very clever; you have to sacrifice raw $ to get the lower prices. I would definitely drop the +1 Card as it's awkward and doesn't fit with the rest of the card. I'd also make it reduce costs by 1 instead of 2. It's a $2 card so it can't be too strong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.