Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Dominion Wild Lands

(1/35) > >>

ClouduHieh:
Lately I’ve been thinking of another expansion something a little closer to my heart. Anyway here’s the flavor text:

You have acquired so much wealth and land. And it seems there is no limit of more land to acquire. But what’s the point of having all this land. There’s nothing to do with it all. And many others have nearly as much land as you now. But wait your explorer has just arrived from a long journey. It seems from his report that a ruler far far away, who also has lots of land. Has in his possession lions, tigers, and bears to show off his power. So that’s what we will do but even better. With so much land we build a royal menagerie. We will send even more explorers, adventurers, and naturalists out to capture any animal we can find. Yes it will be dangerous the savanna has an animal that laughs before attacks. And in the jungle there is reports of ruins and temples and cannibals and many may end up as lunch for those tigers. But that is a sacrifice I’m willing to make to bring these to the people. Yes even the common folk will be able to see these animals in person, they can pay with there cats and dogs, the lions will be hungry after all. And then we will truly be the envy of all those around us.

I am planning on having animals in this expansion as Actions. However some of the most endangered will be victory cards. Dogs and cats will be treasure cards. Which you won’t be keeping for very long. After all the lions are hungry. Your probably all thinking why would I put dogs and cats as treasures. Well first of all goat is a treasure in nocturne. Plus that’s what the common folk would use as payment, if they wanted to go the menagerie. And yes some of the dangerous animals will be attack cards.

teamlyle:
At my school, they once had a club to create a fan Dominion expansion called "Dominion: Zoo." It did not go well...

ClouduHieh:
This will be the post where I’ll keep all the cards to start with.

Jungle village

Tiger

Adventurers

Langurs

Golden cat

Red panda

Hyena

Cheetah

Tribesman

Giraffe

Safari

Gazelle

Wildebeest

Jungle ruins

Gold monkey

Cannibal

The Nile

Nile crocodile

Hippopotamus

Monsoon season

Watering hole

Rickety bridge

Preserve

Cape buffalo

Lion

ClouduHieh:
So there’s the first few cards. As you may have noticed there are some cards similar to cornucopia. Cornucopia is my 2nd favorite expansion. One reason is because of the differently named card reward.
Royal menagerie

Dog

Common folk

Miasma Marsh

Mosquito

Mangrove swamp

Lemon shark

Bird cage

Alley cat

King Cobra

Jungle

Elephants

Proboscis monkey

Fishing cat

Animal trap

Rhinos

Black panther

Tribal dance

Holunder9:
Jungle Village is pretty good; I'd rather do +1 Action per differently revealed Action card.

Tiger is too good, it is better than Dame Josephine and Sir Destry combined and gets the Giant-like cursing on top of it.

I'd be very careful with unlimited handsize attacks like that of Langurs. Even though it is hard to set up, a deck with 5 Langurs is no fun for the opponents. Note that the only other unlimited handsize discard Attack, Torturer, has a second option for the attacked player.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version