Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M120: Czech Mafia (Game Over! Town wins!)  (Read 147035 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #950 on: January 09, 2019, 10:50:51 pm »

I'm rereading now, and it seems like there's a lot of confirmation bias in Swan's case against me. Like, a lot. He's been scumreading me from day 1 and I've been attacking him a fair bit. The same goes for Jimmmm.

But now I'm not getting a fair shake because they've decided I'm scum so everything I do becomes evidence of my scumminess. So when I messed up analyzing the setup yesterday it was a scumslip, but when Snow did exactly the same thing today he was obv!town. When I try to make a case based on "scum would never do that" I'm told that I'm just WIFOMing, but IC DatSwan gets to say

Stop wasting time analyzing snow. Literally zero reason to lie in their spot. They were easily the towniest player alive except for me. If they were skum they could of just claimed VT and ridden it out.

... which is the same thing.

Swan decided I was scum a long time ago and now it's all he can see. Which would be fine if we weren't at MyLo. But now he is going to lead this town off a cliff as IC.

I don't know who the other two scum are -- I'm rereading right now looking for leads -- but I do know it's not me. And I would urge everyone to seriously consider that I might be town, just for a minute. I really don't want us to lose the game this way.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 09, 2019, 10:52:47 pm »

To quote faust:

Usually the best way to tell if someone is town is if they really wind you up because they are wrong about everything.

I have been wrong about a lot of things this game. But I am town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 09, 2019, 10:56:39 pm »

Honestly, now that I'm thinking about it/rereading, scum has probably been keeping me alive on purpose because of my bad reads. They knew that it would be easy to convince the masonICs to lynch me.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2019, 11:10:26 pm »

My day 1 endgame makes zero sense as scum. Scum would have been fine with a no lynch, right? But I pushed against a no lynch really hard, and then hammered someone who had a townread on. Assuming you don't think Jimmmmm was my partner, how does that hammer make sense? There's no downside to waiting. Either a Jimmmmm lynch (someone who had already expressed a strong scumread on me and another on Dylan and would have been a serious threat) happens, or a no lynch happens.

You know who's day 1 endgame does match what scum would do?

And then why kill ashersky? I definitely would have killed Jim if I were scum with Dylan, for the reasons I just laid out.

And then last night I hammered Dylan. Who was scum. That's more neutral because I can easily see scum bussing there, but I think they would do it a little more artfully then my hammer.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 09, 2019, 11:12:05 pm »

Snow, on the other hand, does exactly what I would expect scum to do at the end of day 1 if Jim and Galz were both town. He goes to bed early and stays out of it. lalight is also nowhere to be found.

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 09, 2019, 11:16:30 pm »

Joth - What about McMc?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #956 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:48 pm »

Mcmc also did what scum would do.

No lynch would be horrible and I have to leave now until deadline. My problem with the case on jimm is he’s playing like jimm plays. Ugh there is no non jimm or galz thing that’s happening. Im going to vote: galz so him and jimm are at l-2 and I trust people to get one through.

Note especially the "Ugh there is no non jimm or galz thing that’s happening".

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 09, 2019, 11:22:23 pm »

I'm rereading now, and it seems like there's a lot of confirmation bias in Swan's case against me. Like, a lot. He's been scumreading me from day 1 and I've been attacking him a fair bit. The same goes for Jimmmm.

But now I'm not getting a fair shake because they've decided I'm scum so everything I do becomes evidence of my scumminess. So when I messed up analyzing the setup yesterday it was a scumslip, but when Snow did exactly the same thing today he was obv!town. When I try to make a case based on "scum would never do that" I'm told that I'm just WIFOMing, but IC DatSwan gets to say

Stop wasting time analyzing snow. Literally zero reason to lie in their spot. They were easily the towniest player alive except for me. If they were skum they could of just claimed VT and ridden it out.

Swan decided I was scum a long time ago and now it's all he can see. Which would be fine if we weren't at MyLo. But now he is going to lead this town off a cliff as IC.

I don't know who the other two scum are -- I'm rereading right now looking for leads -- but I do know it's not me. And I would urge everyone to seriously consider that I might be town, just for a minute. I really don't want us to lose the game this way.

I did not decide you were skum a long time ago fwiw. You were my number s2 town read day 1 and a bit into day 2. I actually was hardset on Snow until end of day 2.

Also, i really really believe that the concept of lynching Jimm today is just counter productive (for previously stated reasons). And i also think it is way more likely we find skum outside of snow.... but just cuz i am IC doesn’t mean you have to listen to me.... it still means you have to get 4 people to vote the same  person tho... so if i am not going snow or Jimm... and they ain’t gonna vote for themselves... i would suggest you look elsewhere for a counter case.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 09, 2019, 11:25:10 pm »

Mcmc also did what scum would do.

No lynch would be horrible and I have to leave now until deadline. My problem with the case on jimm is he’s playing like jimm plays. Ugh there is no non jimm or galz thing that’s happening. Im going to vote: galz so him and jimm are at l-2 and I trust people to get one through.

Note especially the "Ugh there is no non jimm or galz thing that’s happening".

I noted this in summary as well. Agreed for skum points vs McMc and in a off world i guess Jimm as well
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 09, 2019, 11:31:15 pm »

Now that I re-read it seems like Robz has sort of been going out of his way to buddy and sheep me all game. Which is probably why I've had such a town read on him. I just totally fell for it.

I was only a mediocre player, recordwise, before I left, and now I'm hella rusty, so I feel like town!Robz sheeping me left and right like this doesn't make a lot of sense. But maybe scum!robz figured since he was the one who brought me into the game it would be easy to buddy me and have a permanent town ally. There's evidence of him doing the same thing in subtler ways with Mcmc ("we IC'd each other"), faust ("day 1 pass"), and Galzria.

My memory is that part of Robz's meta is mixing up his scum strategies so that he doesn't have an easily readable meta. And I can see him saying "this game, I'm going to try buddying".

I sort of love this theory, but I also think maybe I'm working too hard to make up a narrative. But what the heck, let's try vote: Robz

This is another thing that I think is a pretty strong case for me being town. If I were scum and I had a townie following every vote I made, why on earth would I draw attention to it and start a wagon on that townie? I would have been working hard to keep Robz alive! Imagine how much better this day would be going for me if Jimmm and Swan were dead and Robz and Galz were alive. Yet I apparently hammered Galz, threw a good deal of fuel on Robz's lynch, and failed to NK Dylan or Swan despite having lots of opportunities.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 09, 2019, 11:32:03 pm »

I did not decide you were skum a long time ago fwiw. You were my number s2 town read day 1 and a bit into day 2. I actually was hardset on Snow until end of day 2.

Also, i really really believe that the concept of lynching Jimm today is just counter productive (for previously stated reasons). And i also think it is way more likely we find skum outside of snow.... but just cuz i am IC doesn’t mean you have to listen to me.... it still means you have to get 4 people to vote the same  person tho... so if i am not going snow or Jimm... and they ain’t gonna vote for themselves... i would suggest you look elsewhere for a counter case.

I'm working on it. I have another hour until my flight leaves...

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 09, 2019, 11:32:24 pm »

I keep getting distracted by how obviously townie I am.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 09, 2019, 11:38:27 pm »

I'll move back to vote: DatSwan for a few more hours, Galz. For you. I really need to go now for irl stuff, but I'll probably check back in around 7 or 8 pm forum time. Hopefully ... things of some kind will happen.

The total and complete lack of interest in Dylan has me itching to lynch Dylan more and more.

That said, I'd prefer DerSwan to Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, so

Vote: DatSwan
L-2

Actually vote: datswan L-1

Claim time.

The last three votes on the Swan wagon day 1 are worth noting. Highly likely there's scum among them. Mcmc seems a little eager to get a claim. Snow says Dylan is scummy but then votes for Swan. My vote seems null, but then I'm me so I'm biased.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #963 on: January 09, 2019, 11:52:35 pm »

Alright, I'm not as far along on this as I had hoped to be but I have to go to my gate.

halfway-ish through a reread, I actually agree with Swan that Snow seems pretty towny. Jim reads scummy to me, but I agree that he's a bad lynch today given everything.

So for me that leaves lalight and mcmc. And what I will say is, neither of them have given me a strong reason to believe they're town. Lalight has been pushing for a mcmc lynch all game, but its never been realistically on the table, which seems like a great place to be with your partner.

I think there's a reasonably good chance they're our scum team, and I think mcmc is currently the scummier read of the two, based on the above posts.

vote:mcmcsalot

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 09, 2019, 11:54:22 pm »

vote: mcmc

for formatting

I'll be back online in like 12 hours. Don't hammer me while I'm gone please.

I mean, ideally don't hammer me at all, but if you do don't let me miss it.

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 10, 2019, 12:55:36 am »

mcmc, LL, UoS: What was your first instinct/reaction to Dylan's claim?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 10, 2019, 04:39:38 am »

Guuuuyyyysssss
Giiiirrllllsssss
Peopppplleeeeeesssss

Where is everyone?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 10, 2019, 04:48:41 am »

Well, my initial reaction was I believed it but then nothing really came together so I didn't in the end
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:16 am »

when you'll see mcmc/joth team you'll be like "LaLight told us but we were not listening!"

I am all in for voting joth

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 10, 2019, 04:50:39 am »

vote: mcmc

for formatting

I'll be back online in like 12 hours. Don't hammer me while I'm gone please.

I mean, ideally don't hammer me at all, but if you do don't let me miss it.

this is just a last minute bussing

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2019, 04:51:13 am »

Won't you claim your action?

Why would I ever do that?

this can semiIC someone

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 10, 2019, 06:23:58 am »

Won't you claim your action?

Why would I ever do that?

this can semiIC someone

Where are you this game?
Run that one back scenario style and think about how that doesn’t make sense.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 10, 2019, 06:31:06 am »

Well, my initial reaction was I believed it but then nothing really came together so I didn't in the end

But all you did was vote no vote. You never expressed any interest in either Dylan or Jimm. And you were the only person sitting on the no lynch train all day
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 10, 2019, 07:37:35 am »

But all you did was vote no vote. You never expressed any interest in either Dylan or Jimm. And you were the only person sitting on the no lynch train all day

Yes. I would vote Dylan after a no lynch day. I see why you didn't want to no lynch, I had it in me that I didn't believe you 100%

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #974 on: January 10, 2019, 07:39:23 am »

vote: no lynch

I don’t really believe Dylan, but i still would not put beyond faust and DS the gambit they would play. As much as i believe they are masons i would like to see the confirmation. I’ve been fooled like this all too many times.

This. I didn't really believe Dylan.

After that voting for him would be hammering and it wasn't late in the day. I was unavailable then, we had state holidays till 8th

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 20 queries.