Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M120: Czech Mafia (Game Over! Town wins!)  (Read 147249 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #850 on: January 04, 2019, 06:57:05 am »

I was seeing calamitas the other day and we were recalling the craziest forum mafia games, especially M88 where Robz just fooled me the whole game, i was 100% set on him being town
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 04, 2019, 07:05:26 am »

You and Jim both really like this nonargument, which can be used to respond to any argument based on the premise “why would scum do X”?

Being asked "why would scum do X?" is very suspect when the person asking it is likley scum. If Dylan's actions lead people to believe that he's Town because his claim wouldn't come from scum, then his actions would seem pretty solid.

Honestly when I saw his claim I thought it was clever and that it would work until I considered the likelihood of a non-Mason UB existing.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 04, 2019, 07:18:13 am »

ere’s the situation: scum had this game in the bag. All they needed today was a mislynch and we had basically no idea who they were. That’s how today started.
See I don't think that is anywhere near true. Dylan and Jimmmmm (and you) were the most suspected people before today. If scum sits there, they would have felt the heat. And as soon as one scum flips, it's much easier to nail down the rest. I don't think a gambit to make sure that one of them survives is at all unlikely, because that's all they really need.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 04, 2019, 07:58:48 am »

ere’s the situation: scum had this game in the bag. All they needed today was a mislynch and we had basically no idea who they were. That’s how today started.
See I don't think that is anywhere near true. Dylan and Jimmmmm (and you) were the most suspected people before today. If scum sits there, they would have felt the heat. And as soon as one scum flips, it's much easier to nail down the rest. I don't think a gambit to make sure that one of them survives is at all unlikely, because that's all they really need.

That’s not how I would characterize the last few days. Jimm and Dylan had cases on them early on, but not lately. And I don’t think there’s been a serious wagon on me all game.

Anyway, I guess if we lynch scum, we are still at MyLo tomorrow. So maybe it’s not entirely implausible that they’re playing for the next day. Anyway, if they are both scum, we still lynch one today. We just have to keep in mind that the other one is still a suspect tomorrow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 04, 2019, 08:32:07 am »

We can lynch either Dylan or Jimmm today. Or we can no lynch and lynch either Dylan’s or Jimm tomorrow.
Skum will maintain a MYLO standing as long as we lynch, and a LYLO as long as we no lynch... or they will win.

Here is the thing - assuming we actually manage to somehow get to 3 players left... the one absolute certainty i can tell you is they are not gonna let that 3 player squad be faust-swan-skum.

So assuming we don’t mislynch, we actually have them by the you know what’s here.
 If they kill one of us, it ICs the other... and once they kill one they have to kill the other or it leaves them with an IC in the final 3.
And as previously pointed out, they cannot have us both alive at that point either.

Ok ramble ramble - the point is that they know that fault/me are masons, and they know they need to either push a mislynch or make sure we are picked off.
If we no lynch, or lynch probably still, they kill one of us tonight. They cannot afford to let us live any longer. So the idea of waiting on a no lynch to gain more info is kinda dumb.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: January 04, 2019, 08:39:46 am »

Also in regards to Dylan, everyone needs to consider just the simple likelihood:

1) did not choose to cop a mason
2) chose to cop a skummy player instead of a mid range player
3) also this would be a minimum of 5 letter roles i think
4) also also there is a GF in the game so not only did they pick off of masons but picked not the GF or town.

So after you add up all the unquantifiable absurdities... there is still the easy fact that they were 2/9 to get a guilty last night.

Ahhh!

Vote: Dylan
real good. That’s how

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 04, 2019, 09:12:40 am »

Also in regards to Dylan, everyone needs to consider just the simple likelihood:

4) also also there is a GF in the game so not only did they pick off of masons but picked not the GF or town.

So after you add up all the unquantifiable absurdities... there is still the easy fact that they were 2/9 to get a guilty last night.

Ahhh!

What's a GF?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 04, 2019, 09:13:28 am »

Ahhh!

What's a GF?

Oh godfather. If the godfather was targeted by silver's roleblock, would that have given Dylan a scum result?

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 04, 2019, 09:15:06 am »

Ahhh!

What's a GF?

Oh godfather. If the godfather was targeted by silver's roleblock, would that have given Dylan a scum result?

Don’t believe so
real good. That’s how

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 04, 2019, 10:17:19 am »

So statistics and logic are screaming that Dylan is mafia.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 04, 2019, 02:03:53 pm »

Yeah I don't see faust's argument againt no-lynching. Either way we need all Town members or a bus, but if we no-lynch first, there's one fewer Townie to be convinced.

This is the argument against No Lynching. More different town to give input now.

Anyway, I'm fine with either, I'm starting to just want to lynch Dylan and get it over with but I don't care if we No Lynch either, the worst thing we can do for our win % is to stall the day out, get everyone disheartened and uninvested in the game and then No Lynch, so I'd rather pick one soon.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 04, 2019, 02:07:03 pm »

That’s not how I would characterize the last few days. Jimm and Dylan had cases on them early on, but not lately. And I don’t think there’s been a serious wagon on me all game.

You were a candidate yesterday. Half the people voting Robz said they'd rather be voting you, but the wagon never took off.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 04, 2019, 02:07:26 pm »

Did I hammer?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 04, 2019, 02:09:40 pm »

If it was that's a super non-standard interpretation of Roleblocker

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 04, 2019, 02:49:41 pm »

How did I only just notice SS was an RB?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 04, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »

I'm still skeptical but DatSwan's argument is pretty persuasive. And a Dylan lynch has more upside than a Jimmmm lynch since a Dylan scum flip officially ICs the masons (right?)

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 04, 2019, 03:21:33 pm »

So we should note there is absolutely no way Joth didn't know he was hammering in MYLO there, I'd just asked if I hammered and never posted a vote count.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:06 pm »

You've got to bus like you mean it, man.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 04, 2019, 03:27:06 pm »

I'm still skeptical but DatSwan's argument is pretty persuasive. And a Dylan lynch has more upside than a Jimmmm lynch since a Dylan scum flip officially ICs the masons (right?)
This post makes me happy because it doesn't look like a quickhammer.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 04, 2019, 03:36:47 pm »

So we should note there is absolutely no way Joth didn't know he was hammering in MYLO there, I'd just asked if I hammered and never posted a vote count.

Was that the hammer? Oh well. We were clearly going to lynch Dylan. Both of the masons, who apparently we've decided are definitely town, were on him, plus two other people and mcmc had expressed a willingness to vote. A lot of people were making very compelling cases that his cop claim was bunk. So ok, bad form, mea culpa, but it's not like i led us down a path we hadn't more or less decided on.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: January 04, 2019, 03:37:33 pm »

Like I know I should be super sorry but ... I'm not. I just want to know if we got majorly played or not.

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 04, 2019, 03:38:51 pm »

Was that the hammer? Oh well. We were clearly going to lynch Dylan... but it's not like i led us down a path we hadn't more or less decided on.

This is exactly my point.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 04, 2019, 03:57:51 pm »

Twilight for next couple hours. If Space doesn't come on by then, I'll end the day. On phone, so hoping they can do it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 04, 2019, 05:22:29 pm »

Vote Count 3.final

Jimmmmm (1): Dylan32
Dylan32 (5): Jimmmmm, faust, DatSwan, UmbrageOfSnow, jotheonah
No Lynch (1): LaLight
Not Voting (1): mcmcsalot

With 8 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

Dylan was a Kmotr of team Šmejdi (Scum Godfather).

Czech phrase almost verbatim from one of today's Duolingo lessons: "Umřel před pěti minutami" -> "He died five minutes ago".

N3 starts now and ends at 23.00 Czech time (5pm forum time) on Sunday 6th January 2019. Action deadline is 1 hour before that.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 06, 2019, 05:24:40 pm »

Dobré ráno všem!

Still looking a bit violent in our little Czech Vesnice.

faust was killed in the night. He was a Zednář of team Vesničané, a Mason.

Czech fact:
Like many languages, Czech has grammatical gender. Unlike many other languages, it has four different gender patterns: masculine animate, masculine inanimate, feminine and neuter. Within each of those there are several completely different declension patterns that a word might follow, and each declension pattern has 14 entries (seven cases, times singular+plural).

Vote Count 4.0

Not voting (10):
LaLight, mcmcsalot, DatSwan, Jimmmmm, UmbrageOfSnow, jotheonah

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

D4 starts now and ends on Sunday 13th January at 23.00 Czech time (5pm forum time).

Thread Unlocked.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.