Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M120: Czech Mafia (Game Over! Town wins!)  (Read 147120 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #525 on: December 22, 2018, 12:30:38 am »

Reading how the day went after I hit the wall and went to bed, even when you ignore the fact Galz was actually the cop, the Jimmmmm wagon feels townier just by nature of the way it stalled out and noone would hammer. If any scum were on Galz or off either wagon, it was close enough to the deadline to where hammering for the sake of making sure a lynch went through would have been pretty easy and probably at least a few town points, because scum would have been totally ok with a no lynch. If Jimmmmm is actually scum, faust and Swan would be super scummy for stubbornly refusing to switch, even when there was no guarantee someone else was going to be coming online to actually get a lynch through.  Swan had included Jimmmmm in his top 3 lynch choices behind Galz and along with Robz, but then the way he refuses to actually switch to Jimmmmm when the chips were down feels more like trying to protect a scum partner that you weren't planning on being the one that would co-claim masons with you later. Distance yourself to not be tied together by buddying while mason claiming the other partner, but then not wanting to actually hammer that partner.

this is a reverse logic post. it is far more likely that skum logged off for the night leaving the wagons as they were (as you said, being fine if it went no lynch) then me choosing not to switch onto Jimmm wagon if me and Jimm are both skum. Think about it for a second... like the one thing I would want to avoid as skum in this spot is having to go to the point where I have to claim a partner. The easiest way to avoid that would be to be a driving force for skum. If Jimm is skum and I am also skum, I would of absolutely smashed Jimmm for the cred... as would any skum in that spot.

your over simplification, as well as the accusation, is skummy. The over simplification for the above stated points. But the accusation is strange - far off shot, but if you were skum with Jimmm this would be a great defense for you to make in case Jimmm were to flip so you could try to set up a future mis lynch on me.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 22, 2018, 12:31:00 am »

actually... it is super skummy

Vote: Dylan
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 22, 2018, 01:44:53 am »

vote: faust

at least have the decency to be apologetic about having persuaded me to get a cop lynched
You could have the decency to own up to your role in the lynching. BUt no, you  choose to present yourself as the innocent victim even though you were the one who ultimately decided the Jimmmmm vs Galz situation.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 22, 2018, 05:41:58 am »

vote: faust

at least have the decency to be apologetic about having persuaded me to get a cop lynched
You could have the decency to own up to your role in the lynching. BUt no, you  choose to present yourself as the innocent victim even though you were the one who ultimately decided the Jimmmmm vs Galz situation.

That is just a flat out lie. What's wrong with you? I had the choice between galz and a no-lynch, not between galz and Jimmm. You must know this if you read the EoD.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 22, 2018, 05:43:45 am »

No reasonable player lets a no lynch happen day 1. I do not accept even a 1% responsibility for having lynched a PR.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #530 on: December 22, 2018, 05:46:45 am »

But jim is good lynch
No he's not. His wagon is scummy and his play is townie.

Here's the deal: I am not going to hammer Jimmmmm. It's unclear whether anyone else that will do that will show up. However we do have the votes to lynch Galzria.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 22, 2018, 05:47:15 am »

You can be wrong about galz, that's fine, but don't lie about it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 22, 2018, 05:47:48 am »

There's only been one thing in this game that strikes me as legitimately scummy, and that's this post

Looking at what seem to have been the major lynch candidates, I think mcmc and Dylan are scummyish and DatSwan is Towny.

I'm still in the 'early day one' mindest, and regardless of how early it is, I suspect town is more likely to feel like that then scum. Conversely, scum is more likely to have an awareness of who the 'majjor lynch candidates' are.

Put differently, I think town is less likely to think of anyone as a major candidate.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 22, 2018, 05:49:38 am »

I'm just going to sit here for a while and hope for ashersky to turn up. And LaLight, I strongly suggest you switch to Galz.

Eh, no, thanks. Looks like you are waiting for even more claims to happen. Why so?
I'm not doing this. Galzria has posted at L-2 and decided not to claim. We can just lynch him.

Phone psting. Any1 here?
Vote Galzria.

I'm just going to sit here for a while and hope for ashersky to turn up. And LaLight, I strongly suggest you switch to Galz.

Eh, no, thanks. Looks like you are waiting for even more claims to happen. Why so?
I'm not doing this. Galzria has posted at L-2 and decided not to claim. We can just lynch him.

Why would I do that? That serves no positive utility.

Jimmm has posted at L-1 and decided not to claim. You can just lynch him.
Yeah but Jimmmmm is town. Also virtually claimed.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 22, 2018, 11:57:47 am »

I’m going to be even more LA than I thought, because my phone does not get data and the wife is understandably not crazy about a lot of mafia during the honeymoon.

I like Dylan’s DatSwan case, mostly because I also found him crazy scummy end of day and I think it’s a mistake to give the mason claim a ton of towncred weight. Like if Jimmm and Datswan has actually claimed mason together, that would be one thing— I don’t think day one scum is that bold. But I think they could totally be scum who had a really bad day. After all, if anyone BUT Jimmmm has been the next L-1 that would have gone better for him.

The fact is, Jimmmmm said he’d self hammer and then didn’t. Swan said he’d hammer Jimmmm and then didn’t. Day 1 ended at 2 minutes before deadline.

Also even though the timing was nutso, I do want to apologize for hammering without allowing a claim. I was up at 4:30 am, silver’s post came in as a PPE, and I wasn’t thinking 100 percent clearly. I still think, given the circumstances it was the right move and I still would have greatly preferred a Jimmm lynch.

Totally fine lynching faust, Swan, or Jim. For now, vote: Swan
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 22, 2018, 12:31:25 pm »

@Joth: I think your hammer was fine, I'd do the same.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 22, 2018, 12:36:50 pm »

@faust

Okay, I've thought about this, and I think this is less harmful than helpful and better than a mass claim, and prevents us from getting too late into the day with this unsaid before throwing everything into chaos at the end. I think you should answer, especially with your survival-to-end-of-game track record anyway. Only thing I'm giving up by saying this isn't worth holding onto at this point I think:

Faust, Yes or No, are you a Mason?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 22, 2018, 02:18:26 pm »

I’m going to be even more LA than I thought, because my phone does not get data and the wife is understandably not crazy about a lot of mafia during the honeymoon.

I like Dylan’s DatSwan case, mostly because I also found him crazy scummy end of day and I think it’s a mistake to give the mason claim a ton of towncred weight. Like if Jimmm and Datswan has actually claimed mason together, that would be one thing— I don’t think day one scum is that bold. But I think they could totally be scum who had a really bad day. After all, if anyone BUT Jimmmm has been the next L-1 that would have gone better for him.

The fact is, Jimmmmm said he’d self hammer and then didn’t. Swan said he’d hammer Jimmmm and then didn’t. Day 1 ended at 2 minutes before deadline.

Also even though the timing was nutso, I do want to apologize for hammering without allowing a claim. I was up at 4:30 am, silver’s post came in as a PPE, and I wasn’t thinking 100 percent clearly. I still think, given the circumstances it was the right move and I still would have greatly preferred a Jimmm lynch.

Totally fine lynching faust, Swan, or Jim. For now, vote: Swan

correction - Swan explicitly stated he would not hammer Jimm and then logged off.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 22, 2018, 02:22:35 pm »

Also, all the talk of the hammer(s) being potentially skummy is nonsense. Galz was sitting there at L2 aware if the potential lynch. They chose not to claim... which actually is probably the right play given that they were a cop in that spot... but as they did not claim... I do not see how Joth/SS get skum points "because Galz was a PR".
If anything... maybe because "Galz was Town"... but like... whether the hammer(s) are Town or Skum... they have had no way of knowing Galz was a Cop.
real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 22, 2018, 02:47:41 pm »

Yeah, the claiming stuff isn't a valid point, either.

Despite how bad the galz lynch was, I actually don't think the EoD makes Jimmy particularly more scummy than he was at the previous day, though. Right now I think I'd most like to lynch faust

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: December 22, 2018, 11:00:26 pm »

OK, so I am switching again. A few things have become apparent to me from reading back:
1) DerSwan needs to be added to my alias list
2) DarSwan needs to be added to my alias list
3) Snow is skummy.

After sitting on Dylan all day, they switch to me - the only player that Dylan has attempted to make a case against the entire day 1.
The total and complete lack of interest in Dylan has me itching to lynch Dylan more and more.
That said, I'd prefer DerSwan to Jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, so
Vote: DatSwan
L-2

Then my Mason claim.

Then this Vote Count:
Vote Count 1.8

DatSwan (4): Dylan32, jotheonah, UmbrageOfSnow, mcmcsalot
silverspawn (1): ashersky
mcmcsalot (1): LaLight
Jimmmmm (3): silverspawn, Galzria, Robz888
Galzria (3): faust, DatSwan, Jimmmmm

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
D1 ends at 11am Czech time (5am Forum Time) on Thursday 20th December. That's in ~9.5 hours.

Then Dylan and Joth both switch from me to Jimmm, and Snow switches from me to Galz. Leaving it at:
Jimmmmm (5): silverspawn, Galzria, Robz888, Dylan, Joth
Galzria (4): faust, DatSwan, Jimmmmm, Snow

So essentially:
1) Spends the day on Dylan
2) Votes for Dylan's one and only skum read (me) when the Dylan wagon died a long time off
3) I claim
3) Follows me onto Galz instead of going for Jimmm, making wagons 5-4.

That doesn't make sense.
Snow who do you think is skummy - Me? Dylan? No one?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 22, 2018, 11:09:53 pm »

Vote: UmbrageOfSnow
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 23, 2018, 03:22:25 am »

No reasonable player lets a no lynch happen day 1. I do not accept even a 1% responsibility for having lynched a PR.
Exactly. So you know I would not have and you know that I was bluffing. Still you went along with it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 23, 2018, 03:24:05 am »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 23, 2018, 05:20:59 am »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 23, 2018, 05:21:43 am »

Exactly. So you know I would not have and you know that I was bluffing. Still you went along with it.
no... because you presumably went to sleep.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 23, 2018, 06:56:02 am »

Vote Count 2.1

mcmcsalot (1): LaLight
silverspawn (1): faust
DatSwan (1): jotheonah
UmbrageOfSnow (1): DatSwan
Not Voting (6): Robz888, mcmcsalot, Jimmmmm, UmbrageOfSnow, Dylan32, silverspawn

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
D2 ends on Saturday 29th December at 7pm Czech time (1pm forum time).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 23, 2018, 08:02:10 am »

no... because you presumably went to sleep.
I'm not generally in a habit of going to sleep at 10 am. Also my Mason partner assured me he would be around to see it through.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 23, 2018, 09:06:26 am »

Ah right, it was in the morning.

Fine, mb I could have questioned whether you were bluffing, but in fact I just took it as fact.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 23, 2018, 09:34:42 am »

Sorry all. Should have time to post more soon.

Would lynch: Dylan, joth.
Would not lynch: Swan, faust, ss.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.