Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M120: Czech Mafia (Game Over! Town wins!)  (Read 147117 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2018, 02:50:23 pm »

We have about 42 hours until deadline and it doesn't feel like we're close to a lynch. I'd like to get a prod request on Galzria.

The leading wagon is mcmcsalot and the case on him is completely nonexistent as near as I can tell. Like literally I read through the thread and none of the votes on him come with any hint of an explanation.

The next three wagon candidates are Dylan, DatSwan, and silver. Dylan and DatSwan seem to have stalled out.

So I guess I'm going with vote: silverspawn.

I'm ok with it. He's been sheeping unashamedly, he's on the weird mcmc wagon, he's voting for jokey reasons well after RVS is over. I think silverspawn is a fine day 1 lynch with a better than 50 percent chance of being scum.
Why is everyone just ignoring my case on mcmc? It’s not superstrong, but it exists

I looked for it! Care to link or restate?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2018, 02:53:59 pm »

NVM I found it! It's based on his DatSwan vote feeling forced.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2018, 02:56:33 pm »

I’m caught up, joth and silver looks strongly like town v town.

vote: datswan
Their “woah lots going on” feels like scum surprised by the amount of discussion vs town. Town is likely to be excited and specific versus scum who would be general and dismissive.

This as well seems a little forced

I’m caught up, joth and silver looks strongly like town v town.

vote: datswan
Their “woah lots going on” feels like scum surprised by the amount of discussion vs town. Town is likely to be excited and specific versus scum who would be general and dismissive.

This as well seems a little forced

But do you disagree with my thought?

I do, actually. There was a lot of posts, when he came, No matter what alignment a person is, they could say woah it's a lot of posts for numerous reasons. Why would scum be surprised about the amount of townies discussion? There's more town people than there's scums. Even given that town would be more specific which is also not really true, or it would be really easy to catch scums.

All in all looks like you tried to develop a read out of nowhere

I apologize for saying your vote was unexplained. I was skimming and I only saw your initial RVS mcmc vote.

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2018, 02:57:33 pm »

Why is everyone just ignoring my case on mcmc? It’s not superstrong, but it exists

Not feeling it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2018, 04:18:43 pm »

I would like to point out the large shift in ss’s posting language/format/content/attitude since the wagon in him grew to a size worth caring about. Indicative of self-preservation and possibly defensiveness.

Jimmmmmm’s low activity is generally a town liability, as seen in some very far past games, but when he is town and plays the late game, he’s a force.

The more Faust annoys you, the more likely he is to end up town. He knows this and I’m sure tries to play to it, but I don’t know how well he does at it. I don’t know why he keeps getting NKed early; at this point it seems like living on D3 is a strong enough case to mislynch.

Others are unremarkable, generally.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:47 pm »

I know the wagon has all but evaporated, but I'm still feeling a Dylan lynch. Partially because of how it evaporated I think.

@faust: No, I didn't find that post notably towny. Null on it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:54 pm »

I will admit I do not have a massive town read on faust, he seems to be asking even more questions than usual, and not in as obviously a beneficial way. It almost feels like he's trying to walk people into traps.

I feel the exact same way and would have worded my post about it extremely similar. Robz is town.

This could be buddying. Kind of weird thing to bring up since Robz's towniness isn't really under discussion RN.

Mcmc and I IC’d each other, basically, which is good.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2018, 04:22:53 pm »

Could we get a votecount and a prod on Galz please?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 18, 2018, 04:27:33 pm »

I would like to point out the large shift in ss’s posting language/format/content/attitude since the wagon in him grew to a size worth caring about. Indicative of self-preservation and possibly defensiveness.

Jimmmmmm’s low activity is generally a town liability, as seen in some very far past games, but when he is town and plays the late game, he’s a force.

The more Faust annoys you, the more likely he is to end up town. He knows this and I’m sure tries to play to it, but I don’t know how well he does at it. I don’t know why he keeps getting NKed early; at this point it seems like living on D3 is a strong enough case to mislynch.

Faust doesn’t generally annoy me; this statement may be true for other players. Town Faust and town galz seem to get under each other’s skins.

Speaking of Galz, I’m sure he will show up eventually, and he’s not really a good Day 1 lynch, so I am inclined to just ignore his absence for now.

Ash’s point about Silver is solid.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 18, 2018, 04:30:27 pm »

I'm not inclined to lynch Galz today either, but I really wish he'd show up and say some stuff.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2018, 05:00:18 pm »

I will admit I do not have a massive town read on faust, he seems to be asking even more questions than usual, and not in as obviously a beneficial way. It almost feels like he's trying to walk people into traps.

I feel the exact same way and would have worded my post about it extremely similar. Robz is town.

This could be buddying. Kind of weird thing to bring up since Robz's towniness isn't really under discussion RN.

Mcmc and I IC’d each other, basically, which is good.

Unless you're scumbuddies of course.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 18, 2018, 05:06:16 pm »

Faust doesn’t generally annoy me; this statement may be true for other players. Town Faust and town galz seem to get under each other’s skins.

Speaking of Galz, I’m sure he will show up eventually, and he’s not really a good Day 1 lynch, so I am inclined to just ignore his absence for now.

Ash’s point about Silver is solid.

We need seven of the 12 of us to lynch. But, assuming scum isn't day 1 bussing, we need seven out of nine town players to lynch scum. If Galzria is town and is out to lunch, then we're looking at needing all but one town player for a successful scum lynch.

So, as we approach deadline, I would submit that if we want to lynch scum, ignoring Galzria's absence isn't really a viable option.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2018, 05:06:28 pm »

now faust, are you willing to answer some questions or do you only ask them?
I pretty much only ask them, but I'll make an exception for you.

Why are you voting for mcmc?
Because I think he's scum.

What do you think of silver?
I'd rather not say.

Do you think you deserve Robz's day 1 pass?
I think my games would be more exciting if fewer people would give me D1 passes. That said, I get it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2018, 05:08:31 pm »

I always find that sort of thinking dangerous. Usually the best way to tell if someone is town is if they really wind you up because they are wrong about everything.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 18, 2018, 05:16:26 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

ashersky (1): Jimmmmm
mcmcsalot (2): Lalight, faust
Robz888 (1): Galzria
DatSwan (1): Dylan32
Dylan32 (1): UmbrageOfSnow
silverspawn (4): ashersky, mcmcsalot, jotheonah, Robz888
Jimmmmm (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (1): DatSwan

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
D1 ends at 11am Czech time (5am Forum Time) on Thursday 20th December.

Galzria has been prodded

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2018, 05:31:58 pm »

Is self-preservation a scumtell, particularly Day 1? No one wants to be the first lynch.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2018, 06:12:41 pm »

There's always a wagon on me day 1,  I'm always town, and it usually gets to about L-1 before it either dies down or I get mislynched. This is nothing unusual.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2018, 06:14:05 pm »

Also, you're wrong ash. My attitude changed because Robz because (and still is) pretty annoying.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2018, 06:15:06 pm »

basically joth accused me of X, I explained why it wasn't X, then robz accused me of X, I repeated that it wasn't X, and Robz ignored it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2018, 06:16:03 pm »

Is anyone going to join me on Jimmm?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2018, 06:17:36 pm »

There's always a wagon on me day 1

Why is that?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2018, 06:20:23 pm »

I always find that sort of thinking dangerous. Usually the best way to tell if someone is town is if they really wind you up because they are wrong about everything.

Agree mostly. Last game I thought a lot of what mcmc was saying made a lot of sense and agreed with a lot of it. Final result, mcmc=scum... Not sure how much the brother claim would affect that. A relevant question for people who have read more games *cough*LaLight*cough* would be how often do mcmc and Robz accurately read each other?

Is self-preservation a scumtell, particularly Day 1? No one wants to be the first lynch.

It probably isn't by itself, but the way you do it can be. Cuz yeah if town just rolls over and lets themselves be the first lynch (barring non-normal PR shenanigans), they are directly working against town's main objective of lynch scum. I do think a major change in tone or style could be more indicative of scum though. Scum are trying to avoid sounding scummy, and so if they are under pressure they need to sound townie, whereas town is less worried about how what they are saying sounds and more concerned that what they are saying convinces town that they are a bad lynch.

ppe several
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2018, 06:21:49 pm »

There's only been one thing in this game that strikes me as legitimately scummy, and that's this post

Looking at what seem to have been the major lynch candidates, I think mcmc and Dylan are scummyish and DatSwan is Towny.

I'm still in the 'early day one' mindest, and regardless of how early it is, I suspect town is more likely to feel like that then scum. Conversely, scum is more likely to have an awareness of who the 'majjor lynch candidates' are.

Put differently, I think town is less likely to think of anyone as a major candidate.

I just skimmed through the thread and quickly re-read the names that stuck out. Apparently I missed yours.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2018, 06:34:19 pm »

I'm null on silver.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2018, 06:34:50 pm »

Vote: Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 20 queries.