Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M120: Czech Mafia (Game Over! Town wins!)  (Read 147063 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M120: Czech Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2018, 11:27:49 am »

I’m caught up. I agree that datswans defensiveness has felt scummy. But Faust’s post about scum wanting to not combat votes they receive is very true, it happens all the time. I don’t like how quickly the Dylan wagon grew and for the reasons. It was almost a mix of scum reads and pressure votes to reveal his datswan scum tell.

I really want to vote lalight which means he’s probably town.

Actually vote: silverspawn I don’t like his Dylan vote and his jokey “I don’t like my own case” comment is scummy.

I agree with all of this except the Dylan wagon, the Dylan wagon was fine.

If you agree with that, it implies that you have some kind of problem with the explanation I gave above, because as I see it, the thing on me is just a point of confusion. So what's wrong with my explanation?

Your jokey "I don't like my own case" rings scummy to me, as it did to mcmc.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2018, 11:34:58 am »

We have about 42 hours until deadline and it doesn't feel like we're close to a lynch. I'd like to get a prod request on Galzria.

The leading wagon is mcmcsalot and the case on him is completely nonexistent as near as I can tell. Like literally I read through the thread and none of the votes on him come with any hint of an explanation.

The next three wagon candidates are Dylan, DatSwan, and silver. Dylan and DatSwan seem to have stalled out.

So I guess I'm going with vote: silverspawn.

I'm ok with it. He's been sheeping unashamedly, he's on the weird mcmc wagon, he's voting for jokey reasons well after RVS is over. I think silverspawn is a fine day 1 lynch with a better than 50 percent chance of being scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2018, 11:37:30 am »

Vote: SS

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2018, 12:21:39 pm »

He's been sheeping unashamedly, he's on the weird mcmc wagon, he's voting for jokey reasons well after RVS is over.
And why would he do any of that as scum?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2018, 12:25:16 pm »

The leading wagon is mcmcsalot and the case on him is completely nonexistent as near as I can tell. Like literally I read through the thread and none of the votes on him come with any hint of an explanation.
The mcmc votes having no explanation is not an indicator of there being no case.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:48 pm »

The mcmc votes having no explanation is not an indicator of there being no case.
Fine. But they don’t give me any reason to get onboard, and you’re going to need some converts to make a lunch happen, especially if he is scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2018, 12:39:15 pm »

He's been sheeping unashamedly, he's on the weird mcmc wagon, he's voting for jokey reasons well after RVS is over.
Scum likes to vote in ways that they can’t be held accountable for later.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2018, 12:39:51 pm »

Fine. But they don’t give me any reason to get onboard, and you’re going to need some converts to make a lunch happen, especially if he is scum.
What do you think of mcmc?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2018, 12:40:15 pm »

Aren't you holding silver accountable for those votes right now?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2018, 12:51:45 pm »

And thank god I'm here to do it! But I meant post-flip. When wagons get analyzed.

What do you think of mcmc?

He reads very towny to me.

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2018, 12:55:20 pm »

And thank god I'm here to do it! But I meant post-flip. When wagons get analyzed.
If you can hold him accountable now, why couldn't you hold him accountable then?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2018, 01:06:47 pm »

If you can hold him accountable now, why couldn't you hold him accountable then?
Anyone can hold anyone accountable for anything. But if you make a case, it can be responded to and holes can be poked in it and it might even contain a contradiction that could constitute a scumslip or make the vote seem ungenuine. If you just sheep or make a joke, there's nothing to analyze. Plus it draws less attention than an actual case and you don't have to worry about putting out reads that be analyzed later.

To summarize, it gets the town closer to a lynch without helping the town scumhunt or creating any useful information, and ideally lets the person in question fade into the background in the way scum likes to do. Silver's biggest contribution to the game so far has been a lengthy argument with me that was as much theory talk as it was anything else.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 18, 2018, 01:09:32 pm »

inb4 faust says that clearly it does draw attention because it's drawing attention from me now. To which I would reply, yes, intentions are not the same as outcomes, and also most of the SS votes are not based on the pattern I'm describing but instead based on people finding things like his comment about not liking his own case scummy.

now faust, are you willing to answer some questions or do you only ask them?

Why are you voting for mcmc?

What do you think of silver?

Do you think you deserve Robz's day 1 pass?

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 18, 2018, 01:29:47 pm »

I will admit I do not have a massive town read on faust, he seems to be asking even more questions than usual, and not in as obviously a beneficial way. It almost feels like he's trying to walk people into traps.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2018, 02:06:52 pm »

I will admit I do not have a massive town read on faust, he seems to be asking even more questions than usual, and not in as obviously a beneficial way. It almost feels like he's trying to walk people into traps.

I feel the exact same way and would have worded my post about it extremely similar. Robz is town.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2018, 02:15:15 pm »

Your jokey "I don't like my own case" rings scummy to me, as it did to mcmc.

I already said that it wasn't a joke. I'm mildly annoyed that I have to say that again. Please don't repeat that it was jokey.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2018, 02:15:50 pm »

Just a few posts above:

Actually vote: silverspawn I don’t like his Dylan vote and his jokey “I don’t like my own case” comment is scummy.

I was not joking. I made a case questioning joth's town motviation, had a chat with him, and concluded that he just thinks differently about the game and what he said was pretty much no evidence.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2018, 02:16:19 pm »

Like you  just completely ignored what I was actually asking.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2018, 02:17:48 pm »

Anyway. vote: Jimmm

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2018, 02:20:26 pm »

I feel the exact same way and would have worded my post about it extremely similar. Robz is town.

This could be buddying. Kind of weird thing to bring up since Robz's towniness isn't really under discussion RN.

He/him

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2018, 02:20:36 pm »

There's only been one thing in this game that strikes me as legitimately scummy, and that's this post

Looking at what seem to have been the major lynch candidates, I think mcmc and Dylan are scummyish and DatSwan is Towny.

I'm still in the 'early day one' mindest, and regardless of how early it is, I suspect town is more likely to feel like that then scum. Conversely, scum is more likely to have an awareness of who the 'majjor lynch candidates' are.

Put differently, I think town is less likely to think of anyone as a major candidate.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2018, 02:22:14 pm »

This could be buddying. Kind of weird thing to bring up since Robz's towniness isn't really under discussion RN.

Kind of weird, but probably (mildly) town indicative. Town worries less about what is immediately relevant than scum does.

Also "that's just what I was thinking and I'm town, so you must be town" is a plausible thought process.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2018, 02:24:33 pm »

Kind of weird, but probably (mildly) town indicative. Town worries less about what is immediately relevant than scum does.

Also "that's just what I was thinking and I'm town, so you must be town" is a plausible thought process.

Especially given the twinclaim. Maybe the subtext here is that we can trust brothers to soul-read each other. Which I think is probably true more times than not but far from guaranteed.

He/him

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2018, 02:47:44 pm »

We have about 42 hours until deadline and it doesn't feel like we're close to a lynch. I'd like to get a prod request on Galzria.

The next three wagon candidates are Dylan, DatSwan, and silver. Dylan and DatSwan seem to have stalled out.

So I guess I'm going with vote: silverspawn.

I'm ok with it. He's been sheeping unashamedly, he's on the weird mcmc wagon, he's voting for jokey reasons well after RVS is over. I think silverspawn is a fine day 1 lynch with a better than 50 percent chance of being scum.
Why is everyone just ignoring my case on mcmc? It’s not superstrong, but it exists
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2018, 02:49:01 pm »

I don’t see any case on Jimmmmm for what it’s worth
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.