Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Keyforge  (Read 1359 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Keyforge
« on: November 15, 2018, 03:55:44 pm »

The first "Random Deck" game, from Richard Garfield, is being officially launched today. It seems like it could be be really big.

I've been able to play a few games with test decks and have loved it so far. It seems a little strategically light, but I think the dynamic of learning a deck and its nuances will be a fun journey. And when the game actually releases, it'll have all the fun of buying boosters and chasing cards with none of the work of deckbuilding.

Plus, the algorithmically-generated names are interesting, and sometimes pretty hilarious.

Anyone else planning to play?

Edit: Names are generated from an algorithm, not full random. An algorithm that needs a few adjustments.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:40:33 pm by Dsell »
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforge
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:50:22 pm »

I'm intrigued. I bought 5 packs for my niblings. I introduced them to Magic, but they may dig on this game that doesn't require building a deck. That won't stop my little future engineer from trying to build one though. I'll give them their decks over Thanksgiving. I figure if it looks fun enough for my wife and me, we may buy some decks for ourselves.
A man has no signature

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforge
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 02:11:40 pm »

I've bought a ton of decks and have been playing a lot.

The non-hassle about constructing decks is appealing.  I've been surprised that the nonhassle goes to the next level, you can use the app to look at what's in the deck instead of looking in the deck for real.  The decklist card in every box does that too, but on the app you can click a card if you don't know what it does.

I have no idea how the "meta" of random decks will work in terms of balance, but I think that playing out the games my decisions feel way harder than they usually are in magic or Hearthstone.  You don't just play a card because that's how much mana you have to spend this turn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.