Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: One Copper left in the Supply (!)  (Read 1500 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
One Copper left in the Supply (!)
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:18:21 pm »
+1

This is the closest I have ever came to running out the Coppers--just one darn Copper left in a 2 player game. http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/05/game-20120305-200329-bfdc6a8c.html

It was perfect storm of mutual prolonging the game. We rushed IGGs, but started buying Victory cards and didn't actually touch the last 2 IGGs. My opponent picked up Gardens, and eventually had enough Secret Chambers that he was strategically aligning the top of his deck so that my Noble Brigands would cause him to gain Coppers, which helped his Gardens. I did a better job of reaching for Provinces, and some Farmlands, and we both got Duchies.

Circumstances kept breathing new life into the game, as I would catch up, and then his Gardens would reach the next level (point tracker was on). Then I turned to Nobles. Then I had to stop buying Coppers when I had less than $5 because I was behind and it was getting close to being a third pile gone. Has anyone ever bought Secret Chambers because the Copper supply was getting too low and you couldn't end the game?

With 1 Copper left, I had to gamble on buying the last Duchy and putting my Gardens over the edge--close, but just missed. My opponent wins 61 to 59.

Check out those decks. Coppers: 32 for him, 27 for me. 1 short!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Re: One Copper left in the Supply (!)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

Epic. Well played by you both from the sound of it. I'll look at the log later.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:36:25 pm »

Sounds like a very fun game!  Don't think Noble Brigand was the right buy here though.  All it could grab were silvers, and with such flooded decks that doesn't seem likely, and as you mentioned it flooded the other deck with needed copper.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 12:14:54 am »

Sounds like a very fun game!  Don't think Noble Brigand was the right buy here though.  All it could grab were silvers, and with such flooded decks that doesn't seem likely, and as you mentioned it flooded the other deck with needed copper.

You are absolutely right. I seemed to forget that Noble Brigand wouldn't steal my opponent's IGGs. So yes, stupid purchase on my part.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 12:50:21 am »

This is the closest I have ever came to running out the Coppers--just one darn Copper left in a 2 player game. http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201203/05/game-20120305-200329-bfdc6a8c.html

It was perfect storm of mutual prolonging the game. We rushed IGGs, but started buying Victory cards and didn't actually touch the last 2 IGGs. My opponent picked up Gardens, and eventually had enough Secret Chambers that he was strategically aligning the top of his deck so that my Noble Brigands would cause him to gain Coppers, which helped his Gardens. I did a better job of reaching for Provinces, and some Farmlands, and we both got Duchies.

Circumstances kept breathing new life into the game, as I would catch up, and then his Gardens would reach the next level (point tracker was on). Then I turned to Nobles. Then I had to stop buying Coppers when I had less than $5 because I was behind and it was getting close to being a third pile gone. Has anyone ever bought Secret Chambers because the Copper supply was getting too low and you couldn't end the game?

With 1 Copper left, I had to gamble on buying the last Duchy and putting my Gardens over the edge--close, but just missed. My opponent wins 61 to 59.

Check out those decks. Coppers: 32 for him, 27 for me. 1 short!

Jfrisch is my brother and I love him dearly, but he wasn't brilliantly aligning his cards to gain coppers via Noble-Brigand secret chamber :P. He just topdecked VP and curses because your noble brigand would discard them, helping him to shuffle his deck.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.