Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2P Tournament, 1/12/2019, 1PM, Cincinnati OH  (Read 2055 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
2P Tournament, 1/12/2019, 1PM, Cincinnati OH
« on: November 13, 2018, 09:27:05 am »
+4

Game Swap Mason, OH

1065 Reading Rd, Ste E, Mason, Ohio 45040

Facebook event

Join us for my tenth Dominion tournament at 1PM on Saturday, January 12, 2019 in Mason, OH (near Cincinnati). RSVP is not required -- you can just show up, but it helps me plan if I know who is coming in advance, and if you're traveling in from far away I can make sure you don't get left out if you get stuck in traffic or something.

This tournament will consist of two-player games, and have a $5 entry fee. I'm not able to give out promo cards or qualify the winner for GenCon, but I will have something to give out to everyone who enters. Portions of the prize pool (80% of the entry fees) will be given to the top finishers.

The winner of the tournament will have the opportunity to play a "trophy match" against me. You may pick any kingdom you like and you may go first; if you win, you get to hold on to the Scout trophy (pictured in the Facebook event) until the next tournament. If you lose, you still get the standard first-place prize for winning this tournament.

All expansions (including Renaissance!) and promo cards may be used, I won't be using any of the removed cards from Base or Intrigue, though. All kingdoms used in the playoffs will be designed and playtested by me and some helpers who will not be playing in the tournament.

I anticipate we'll be done by 8PM, and if you are eliminated early on in the tournament you could be done earlier -- everyone who enters is guaranteed at least four games in the tournament. During and after the tournament, there will be the regular Saturday board gaming event.

Any questions or RSVPs can either be posted here or the Facebook event, PMed to me, or you can send me E-mail at adam@adamhorton.com . Hope to see you there!
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
Re: 2P Tournament, 1/12/2019, 1PM, Cincinnati OH
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 11:33:06 am »

The winner of the tournament will have the opportunity to play a "trophy match" against me. You may pick any kingdom you like and you may go first; if you win, you get to hold on to the Scout trophy (pictured in the Facebook event) until the next tournament. If you lose, you still get the standard first-place prize for winning this tournament.

knights and tournament here goes :p
S

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:47:47 am »

This tournament is in less than a week and things are shaping up well. A couple of updates.

1. I'll have sandwiches for everyone who enters the tournament.

2. Prizes for this tournament will be given in cash, which is a change from all of my previous tournaments where prizes were given in store credit.

3. RSVP is still not required, but it looks like some surrounding areas have a chance of some snow coming up. If you plan to travel in for the tournament and you RSVP, I'll give you my number and if you are delayed I may be able to accommodate you if I know you're on the way. It also helps me know how much food to get. You can reply here, on the Facebook event, or PM or E-mail me if you want to RSVP.

Hope to see you all there!

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 10:56:53 am »
+1

Tournament summary post: http://adamhorton.com/flog/winter-2019-cincinnati-dominion-tournament/

Thanks to everyone who braved the winter storm to play some Dominion.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.