Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Spices > Gold

(1/6) > >>

ehunt:
Spices are:
- cheaper
- give a + buy
- give two coffers.

On payoff alone, you'd only prefer Gold to Spices if you expected to draw the Gold at least 3 times in a situation where you actually were going to use the extra money.

Commodore Chuckles:
I think it's generally accepted at this point that Gold is one of the worst things to buy for $6. Considering how many other things give $ more efficiently, and how many card there are now that give you Gold for free, you only buy Gold if you're truly out of options.

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: ehunt on November 11, 2018, 01:02:42 pm ---On payoff alone, you'd only prefer Gold to Spices if you expected to draw the Gold at least 3 times in a situation where you actually were going to use the extra money.

--- End quote ---

Because of inflation, you might have to expect to draw the Gold significantly more times than that.

--- Quote from: Commodore Chuckles on November 11, 2018, 01:11:33 pm ---I think it's generally accepted at this point that Gold is one of the worst things to buy for $6. Considering how many other things give $ more efficiently, and how many card there are now that give you Gold for free, you only buy Gold if you're truly out of options.

--- End quote ---

I thought this was ehunt replying to his own thread at first.

werothegreat:

--- Quote from: Awaclus on November 11, 2018, 01:34:07 pm ---I thought this was ehunt replying to his own thread at first.

--- End quote ---

Guys, this is why I made the card art avatar thread

Commodore Chuckles:
Sorry. I changed my picture to Farmland as a joke a while back and I haven't bothered to change it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version