Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Dominion Scavenger (Online Rankings) Suggestions

(1/1)

SettingFraming:
Hey folks, I'm sure most of you already know about Dominion Scavenger, the live rankings and leaderboards site that I run as a companion to Dominion Online.

The site has been up for about a year and a half now, and now that I've got some time opening up again I'm looking to add some new features to it. I want to know what to prioritize based on what people would actually use. The core functionality of the site will always be being able to see your rankings change after each game, but there's a lot more already to the site and a lot more I'd like to add.

Things I'm going to add soon to the site:

* Making the dates for the past levels/mu/phi chart on the bottom of http://dominion.lauxnet.com/scavenger/ more configurable.
* A little data dictionary explaining some general guidelines for how the rankings work
Ideas I already have or have been given for the site, let me know if you support wanting any of these:

* A "Recent Past" leaderboard showing who has been the best player not just of all time, but also over the last 7 days and 30 days (this would use glicko2, but a slightly different formula to reflect the condensed time period).
* Ability to download various things such as past results as Excel natively
* Ability to view historical leaderboards easily (i.e. rankings as of December 31, 2017, etc.).
* A forecast tool telling you how different hypothetical results would affect your level
* Any other good suggestions I get!
Things that aren't all that possible:

* Your past record against a single player (requires some database stuff that I'm not able to do given current constraints).
* Features that involve game logs for every game, as the game logs are not stored in a terribly parse-able format.
I also have some vague plans to add other larger sections to the site, such as links to other Dominion content, a blog section featuring some specific good articles (or, alternatively, articles I myself have written), and/or various other Dominion data sections.

Please let me know what would be of value and any other suggestions you have, I want to make the site a great place to view Dominion stuff between games!

RTT:
the recent past lederboard sounds like a brilliant idea!!! I would prioritize that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version