Dominion > Rules Questions

Wine Merchant and Pageant

(1/1)

GendoIkari:
Pretty sure I know this just from the wording, but...

If you have exactly left at the end of your buy phase, with Pageant, you can both discard Wine Merchant and also get a Coffer, right?

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on November 07, 2018, 11:31:57 pm ---Pretty sure I know this just from the wording, but...

If you have exactly left at the end of your buy phase, with Pageant, you can both discard Wine Merchant and also get a Coffer, right?

--- End quote ---
Yes.

Jeebus:
Just remember to discard your Wine Merchants first!

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: Jeebus on November 09, 2018, 09:52:37 am ---Just remember to discard your Wine Merchants first!

--- End quote ---

Do we have confirmation that this matters? I agree that it likely does; but there’s 2 ways you can think of it that could be valid.

1) At the end of your buy phase, 2 things trigger. The “you may spend a coin for a coffer” and the “if you have $2 left you can discard Wine Merchants.” In this case, the order you choose the 2 things matter.

2) At the end of your buy phase, if you have $2 left, 2 things trigger: “You May spend a coin for a coffer” and “you may discard wine merchants”. In that case, the order would not matter. Wine Merchant’s “you may discard” ability has already triggered. 

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on November 09, 2018, 05:32:18 pm ---Do we have confirmation that this matters? I agree that it likely does; but there’s 2 ways you can think of it that could be valid.

1) At the end of your buy phase, 2 things trigger. The “you may spend a coin for a coffer” and the “if you have $2 left you can discard Wine Merchants.” In this case, the order you choose the 2 things matter.

2) At the end of your buy phase, if you have $2 left, 2 things trigger: “You May spend a coin for a coffer” and “you may discard wine merchants”. In that case, the order would not matter. Wine Merchant’s “you may discard” ability has already triggered. 

--- End quote ---
The amount of $ is checked when you resolve the ability, so it matters if you have $2 then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version