Archive > Dominion: Renaissance Previews

Renaissance Initial Impressions

(1/12) > >>

SuperHans:
What are your thoughts about the new cards?

MattTV:
Cards that stand out:

Border Guard- I think this is going to be a really powerful card b/c already it's a nerved laboratory for 2$ and you could potentially upgrade it with the artifacts to act like an alchemist without the potions to keep it going every turn.

Cargo ship- I think probably the strongest 3$ duration card I've seen. I think this is gonna be a really good opener. The fact that your more likely to get 5$ card and pass it on in addition to your hand is killer even in the mid/late-game. Granted it doesn't really help to have more than one out unless you have lots of money and buys that turn, but yeah I really like this one.

Hideout- I could see this being the next wandering minstrel, I would probably even consider trashing the estates knowing the I could easily trash the curses with these later on after flooding my deck with terminal draws. But it's interesting that it seems like one of those cards you don't want open up with until right after your openings. definitely prefer this card over junk dealer.

Research- This is a really cool variant for tactician/apprentice. I think this duration has a lot of potential, but it may depend on number of gain/buys your capable of per game to feed into this cards. cards for silver flooding like trader, masterpiece, etc; would combo really nicely in a colonies game.

Sceptor-At first I was really disappointed with Sceptor cause it seemed like a weaker copy of Royal Crown; that's until I realized that this combos with actions a lot better in that even if you've used all your actions in your deck you can still throom room played actions. So I can see this working well with terminal draws and yeah this one peaked my interest the more I thought about it.

samath:

Holunder9:

--- Quote from: MattTV on November 05, 2018, 01:40:14 pm ---Border Guard- I think this is going to be a really powerful card b/c already it's a nerved laboratory for 2$ and you could potentially upgrade it with the artifacts to act like an alchemist without the potions to keep it going every turn.
--- End quote ---
You misread the card. Border Guard never draws more than 1 card.

MattTV:

--- Quote from: Holunder9 on November 05, 2018, 01:50:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: MattTV on November 05, 2018, 01:40:14 pm ---Border Guard- I think this is going to be a really powerful card b/c already it's a nerved laboratory for 2$ and you could potentially upgrade it with the artifacts to act like an alchemist without the potions to keep it going every turn.
--- End quote ---
You misread the card. Border Guard never draws more than 1 card.

--- End quote ---
Oh no I get that. But what I'm saying is for a 2$ card as opposed to getting lab for 5$ it's pretty good. Especially, when you can upgrade it with the artifacts and spam them every turn potentially. But yeah I compared it to lab cause they can both cycle through 2 cards and yeah lab gets the 2 cards but I would rather have 3 border guards than 1 lab to cycle through the deck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version