Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Fleet extra turns  (Read 25748 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet extra turns
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2019, 11:31:28 am »

On another matter, when is it determined which players get the extra turn, at the nominal game end or when it would be their Fleet turn? Possession could cause a player to buy Fleet after "game end" but before it would be their Fleet turn.

This was actually answered up-thread. You could also take a look at the document in my sig for the complete rulings about Fleet.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +466
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2019, 08:26:03 am »

On another matter, when is it determined which players get the extra turn, at the nominal game end or when it would be their Fleet turn? Possession could cause a player to buy Fleet after "game end" but before it would be their Fleet turn.

This was actually answered up-thread. You could also take a look at the document in my sig for the complete rulings about Fleet.

(Sorry, for necroing, didn't read your answer before...)
Unfortunately I can't access it since I don't have a BGG account. :(
I also can't find an answer to my question in this thread - you've only discussed what happens with Possessions/Outposts played at the end of game or in a Fleet turn. I was asking about the inverse situation - what happens if one player only buys Fleet "after the game ends" during a Possession or Outpost turn (which does happen because another player did buy Fleet before, as discussed above). E.g. as follows:
Player A has already bought Fleet, player B hasn't. Player B "ends" the game during his turn, in which he's also played an Outpost. So due to A's Fleet, B does get the Outpost turn (that much is clear form the above), and buys Fleet in this Outpost turn. Does B now also get an extra Fleet turn after A or doesn't he?

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2019, 09:01:35 am »
+1

Say an extra round starts with player A. Player A has bought Fleet, and player B, to his left, hasn't. If player A, during his Fleet turn, Possesses player B, then has him buy Fleet during the Possession turn, will player B end up getting his Fleet turn, or is it too late for that?
Going by the card wording, I'm calling it too late.

(And a BGG account is free and recommended.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:02:36 am by Jeebus »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.