Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Renaissance interactions with 'those weird cards'.  (Read 5032 times)

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Renaissance interactions with 'those weird cards'.
« on: October 21, 2018, 07:23:46 am »
+1

I mean the kind of cards you immediately think about when talking about cards that change the rules or exotic cards, like Prince, Black Market, Villa, Outpost, Band of Misfits, Necromancer, Inheritance, Possession, or whatever other cards you can think of that fit this vague, poorly defined criterion.

Which interesting interactions can you find with the new Renaissance cards, artifacts, and projects?

For example, Necromancer and Acting Troupe means you'll never run out of Villagers. If you Prince a Mountain Village you start every turn with every Mountain Village in your discard pile. Possession lets you get rid of every Villager and Coffer someone has.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: Renaissance interactions with 'those weird cards'.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:15:36 am »
+2

Prince + Innovation is quite good fun. Buy a Prince and immediately set it aside with whatever Action you've got left in hand.

Prince + Citadel is also good. Your set-aside card gets played twice at the start of every turn!
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 11:16:20 pm »

Sewer vs. any effects that forces you to trash your cards.
You'll be able to trash the lousy cards you come across

Silo + Counting House
Mulligan better cards, and then get all of those discarded Coppers back anyways

Silo + Fountain
You got more mulligan fodder in your quest to get the 15pts

Experiment + Labyrinth
Buy one, and get 2 VP... while supplies last!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:18:46 pm by ackmondual »
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 12:16:51 am »
+2

Sewer vs. any effects that forces you to trash your cards.
You'll be able to trash the lousy cards you come across
Sewer is going to be especially neat with some of those restricted trashing cards (like Hermit and Jack of all Trades).

samath

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: SamE
  • Respect: +678
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 09:02:33 am »
+5

I look forward to playing X+Sewers-as-only-trashing games, where X is any of the following:
Mine, Mining Village, Lurker, Embargo, Treasure Map, Transmute, Loan, Watchtower, Mint, Develop, Jack of All Trades, Farmland, Hermit, Death Cart, Procession, Counterfeit, Graverobber, Pillage, Taxman, Transmogrify, Trade, Salt the Earth, Necromancer, Acting Troupe

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:22:06 pm »

I think I also look forward to playing Innovation with Durations, particularly Hireling, Outpost and Tactician.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 02:19:00 pm »

I look forward to playing X+Sewers-as-only-trashing games, where X is any of the following:
Mine, Mining Village, Lurker, Embargo, Treasure Map, Transmute, Loan, Watchtower, Mint, Develop, Jack of All Trades, Farmland, Hermit, Death Cart, Procession, Counterfeit, Graverobber, Pillage, Taxman, Transmogrify, Trade, Salt the Earth, Necromancer, Acting Troupe
Are you a masochist?
My opponent has more loot than me

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +813
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 02:24:37 pm »

What do you have against Changeling?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »
+4

There's a recommended set with that theme, only moreso; it includes Gladiator and Ritual (and Acting Troupe).

samath

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: SamE
  • Respect: +678
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 11:26:31 pm »
+1

I didn’t think of Changeling, it should definitely be on the list. Gladiator is marginal (given that it runs out after at most four) and Ritual adds the curse so I wouldn’t really consider those fun.

And no, I’m not a masochist; if I was, I’d prefer no-trashing Cultist Guardian games. It’s just really fascinating to me to see the exotic engines you can produce with unusual trashing. One of my #1 Games of the Week was a CQ Goons game where Procession Transmute was the only trashing. Check it out:

Are you not entertained? :)

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 02:20:57 am »

Also: Sewer + Salt The Earth
get some pts as a means to thin your deck!

Swamp Hag + Citadel
Double the Curse gaining.  Double the +coins!
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 21 queries.