Archive > Dominion: Renaissance Previews

Renaissance interactions with 'those weird cards'.

(1/3) > >>

greybirdofprey:
I mean the kind of cards you immediately think about when talking about cards that change the rules or exotic cards, like Prince, Black Market, Villa, Outpost, Band of Misfits, Necromancer, Inheritance, Possession, or whatever other cards you can think of that fit this vague, poorly defined criterion.

Which interesting interactions can you find with the new Renaissance cards, artifacts, and projects?

For example, Necromancer and Acting Troupe means you'll never run out of Villagers. If you Prince a Mountain Village you start every turn with every Mountain Village in your discard pile. Possession lets you get rid of every Villager and Coffer someone has.

Jack Rudd:
Prince + Innovation is quite good fun. Buy a Prince and immediately set it aside with whatever Action you've got left in hand.

Prince + Citadel is also good. Your set-aside card gets played twice at the start of every turn!

ackmondual:
Sewer vs. any effects that forces you to trash your cards.
You'll be able to trash the lousy cards you come across

Silo + Counting House
Mulligan better cards, and then get all of those discarded Coppers back anyways

Silo + Fountain
You got more mulligan fodder in your quest to get the 15pts

Experiment + Labyrinth
Buy one, and get 2 VP... while supplies last!

ConMan:

--- Quote from: ackmondual on October 22, 2018, 11:16:20 pm ---Sewer vs. any effects that forces you to trash your cards.
You'll be able to trash the lousy cards you come across

--- End quote ---
Sewer is going to be especially neat with some of those restricted trashing cards (like Hermit and Jack of all Trades).

samath:
I look forward to playing X+Sewers-as-only-trashing games, where X is any of the following:
Mine, Mining Village, Lurker, Embargo, Treasure Map, Transmute, Loan, Watchtower, Mint, Develop, Jack of All Trades, Farmland, Hermit, Death Cart, Procession, Counterfeit, Graverobber, Pillage, Taxman, Transmogrify, Trade, Salt the Earth, Necromancer, Acting Troupe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version