Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Snowline fan-based expansion.  (Read 36619 times)

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
Re: Snowline fan-based expansion.
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2018, 07:17:17 pm »

Just so you guys know that the next time I post the last set of travelers isn’t quite on theme for snowline. But except for the first one and last one they are all attacks. And the last one is an awesome reaction.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:29:19 pm by ClouduHieh »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2018, 07:28:31 pm »

And then after those there will be at least 13 more, at least one more that isn’t in the supply, at least one more victory, at least one more duration, at least one more reserve, at least 1 more reaction, and at least 3 more attacks. And one those attacks is also a nasty reaction. So I guess you could call it a reaction like attack. And one the cards mentioned is similar to a reaction. So I have wet your appetite. Also I still have at least 2 more cards to post on my alchemy thread.

So including the travelers 6 more attacks.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:29:57 pm by ClouduHieh »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2018, 07:34:19 pm »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:14:42 pm by ClouduHieh »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2018, 07:43:54 pm »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:14:27 pm by ClouduHieh »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2018, 07:56:25 pm »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:14:11 pm by ClouduHieh »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2018, 08:12:18 pm »

I feel like even if this attacked every time, instead of every-other time, it would still not be too strong.

If you want simpler wording, just look at Cutpurse and replace "Copper" with "Silver or Gold".
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2018, 08:31:27 pm »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2018, 08:32:32 pm »

Well instead what if freezing forest was 3$ instead then? Would it be just right.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2018, 04:38:38 am »

Igloo doesn't work when worded like this. I suppose you mean something like "This and your next turn, when you gain a card...".
Edit: Your
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:40:10 am by Asper »

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2018, 06:33:20 am »

Eagles is, worst case:

+4 Cards
+1 Action

It's much too strong.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2018, 08:53:03 am »

It would be nice if you would put all your cards in the opening post, so they're all in one place.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2018, 09:35:28 am »
+1

- Churl: Making other players discard the top of their deck is not an attack (see Tribute). In the early game especially, it's more likely to help them than hurt them. Maybe have them reveal the top card of their deck and discard it if it's an action or treasure? (like a cross between Spy and Rabble)
- Drifter looks fine.
- Mountaineer: Stronger than Lab which is stronger than Fugitive, which is already strong for a $4 cost. Fugitive is okay because it's a traveller, but Mountaineer is probably too strong even for a traveller. Might be okay as the $5 traveller in the line.

I agree to most of these, escpecially that Churl is not an attack and that Mountaineer is too strong. I'll add that Drifter is also too strong, though. I know that you don't like trashing, but you got to realize that - unless overdone or done without sufficient control - it is very useful, and not a liability. Trashing a card from your hand has control, so for the biggest part of the game, this is +4$, gain a Silver, trash a junk card from your hand. Trading Post is worse than this, as it doesn't give you anything if you don't trash, and costs 5$. The fact that Trading Post trashes 2 cards is both an up- and a downside, though. So Drifter would arguably be okay if it was the same without the +2$. Just: You may trash a card from your hand to gain a Silver in hand.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2018, 10:28:16 am »

It would be nice if you would put all your cards in the opening post, so they're all in one place.

Agreed. And it would be great if there were text to go along with the images... the images are either too small to easily read, or you click on them to expand the image, and they're way too large to even see all at once.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2018, 04:38:20 pm »

Eagles is, worst case:

+4 Cards
+1 Action

It's much too strong.

Indeed. It can also be, if you wanted, almost exactly like Sentry, except with looking at 3 cards instead of 2, and getting some combination of an extra cards and extra money. It's ridiculously strong.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2018, 05:26:19 pm »

There I made them bigger should be easier to read. Also I haven’t read any posts about cold storage, lumberjack, hunters camp, and horse rider yet.

And now there bigger so they should be easier to read.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2018, 05:39:14 pm »

Also I haven’t read any posts about cold storage, lumberjack, hunters camp, and horse rider yet.
If you had all the cards in the OP, we could find them easily long after the initial discussion fades or it flips to a new page.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2018, 06:09:41 pm »

How are these? I made it so frigid village would make your next turn start with +2 Actions.

This version of Frigid Village is basically just a weaker regular Village. You'd rather have the action now than next turn, and Durations miss the shuffle more; requiring twice as many for the same effect if you are drawing your deck. (See how Carvan costs less than Laboratory because it gives the card next turn instead of now).

Also compare it to Fishing Village.

As is, it might work at .

*Edit* Then again, it seems a little better than Ghost Town, with the exception of the "gained to your hand" bit. Not sure if Ghost town is considered weak enough to get away with a better on-play effect that costs less.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:16:29 pm by GendoIkari »

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2018, 06:31:35 pm »
+1

*Edit* Then again, it seems a little better than Ghost Town, with the exception of the "gained to your hand" bit. Not sure if Ghost town is considered weak enough to get away with a better on-play effect that costs less.
The hand-gaining is huge, you get a half Exploration. I also don't think that it is clear at all whether Ghost Town being a more delayed village than Frigid Village is a liability or an asset due to the increase of consistency.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2018, 08:02:45 pm »

The reason why didn’t post all at the same time is it would take me hours to post them all at once. Also if I can only reply back and fix a couple of them at time. If I posted all of them at once it would be too much for me to handle all at once. I wouldn’t be able to fix any of them. I only post more when I’m certain I’ve got a few of them looking good. Not too powerful ect.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2018, 08:09:48 pm »
+1

What a lot of other people do is keep updating the very first post in the thread with every new card they add, in addition to making separate posts about them.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2018, 04:04:24 am »

Agreed. You will find that your own posts show a little text saying "Modify" in the top right (next to the text to "Quote" it and the number showing your upvotes). Just click on that "Modify", and you can alter the post after the fact. I've altered my thread's OP over and over again for years.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2018, 08:02:13 am »

I like Lumberjack, but it has way too many syntax errors (I think that syntax is the word). This is how it is, versus how it should be.

+ $2
+2 Buys
You may trash a treasure from your discard pile. Put this on your tavern mat.
-
At the end of your buy phase. You may call this if you only gained one card this turn.

Versus this:
+2 Buys
+$2
Look through your discard pile. You may trash a Treasure card from your discard pile. Put this on your Tavern mat.
-
At the end of your Buy phase, if you only gained one card this turn, you may discard this from your Tavern mat.

Sorry to need to criticize but it's much easier to read and analyze your cards if they're worded and punctuated correctly.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2018, 08:13:49 am »

I suggest "no more than one card" for Lumberjack.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2018, 08:15:12 am »

Cold Storage is neat. Hunters Camp is strong, but pleasently balanced by the silver gaining. For Horse Rider, does the Journey token actually do anything for it, because otherwise that part only matters if there's other Journey token cards in the kingdom. Also, these cards also have several capitalization and punctuation errors. Journey and Silver should both be capitalized. Card is not capitalized. There should be 'or's between choices. There should be a comma in after 'this' in the bottom part of Hunters Camp.
Also I agree with Asper.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2018, 06:24:25 pm »

But I’m pretty sure all the reserve cards from adventures say call this from your tavern mat. I don’t think any of them say discard from your tavern mat.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.